ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Duncan says Good Bye. His Consensus All American Portrait will hang forever in Iowa’s football complex

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Dec 28 Message from Keith to Hawkeye Nation:

EqW8j8QXUAUUZU8

Original Post:

EVAf04iUEAE11EW

The related tweet, from his dad:

Last edited:
With a name like Stuart Duncan, I'm guessing he's got like 4 doctorates, invented the wheel, and might cure cancer.

Or he's a tax accountant.
Either way, thanks for letting us borrow your son on Saturdays!!!!!
Never get tired of watching Keith's kicks against # 2 Michigan and Frosty's Nebraska Cornhuskers. Why was Frosty screaming at the Refs when the kick went right down the middle. Stuart has to be proud of his All American son.

My favorite part of the Duncan story is he walked on to Iowa and seemed us out specifically. He wasnt on our radar but he knew our kicking tradition way over in NC. Lucky and happy to have him!

2nd fav story. Starts as a freshman walk on makes game winning kick vs Michigan then loses starting kicking job to Recinos for a couple years and comes back as an all american? So impressive.

Awesome, he’s up there with Kaeding as one of my favorite kickers of all time. And that’s saying something....consensus all American, blowing kisses to Nebraska after just nailing two game winners in a row...
I will never forgive the robbery that was last years Groza award....

Reactions: 24 so far
Awesome roster. How did Bob Sanders not get on there though?

He must not have been consensus first team. Which means that some voters must have never saw him play a game. His Senior year he was outstanding. Running down Michigan WR to save a TD. Punching out the football from Marion Barber III on the goal line. Still my favorite Hawk of all time.

My favorite part of the Duncan story is he walked on to Iowa and seemed us out specifically. He wasnt on our radar but he knew our kicking tradition way over in NC. Lucky and happy to have him!

2nd fav story. Starts as a freshman walk on makes game winning kick vs Michigan then loses starting kicking job to Recinos for a couple years and comes back as an all american? So impressive.

I thought a former Iowa kicker in the NC area led the way on us getting him?

I thought a former Iowa kicker in the NC area led the way on us getting him?
Jason Baker. Our punter back during Fry's last two and Ferentz's first two seasons. We used to joke in the stands about Baker being our Heisman trophy candidate because he was that good compared to everyone else on that 1999 team. He played in the NFL for over a decade, most of the time with the Carolina Panthers.

If we had a Mount Rushmore of punters, he'd likely be on it with Roby and Kinnick.

The asshole refs even gathered to discuss. To this day if there was a way they could've overturned that kick, I think they would have.
They had already done too much to keep lil Debbie in that game. I am sure that the discussion was something like "After what we have already done, do you think think the conference office will issue a reprimand if we throw another flag? Besides, it would only be a yardage penalty backing up the kick-off with 1 second left on the clock. Not worth the risk."

Keith has had more huge moments than perhaps any kicker in IOWA history. Right there with Rob Houghtlin

Rob has what most folks probably remember for big kicks in Hawkeye history, but unless my aging brain is totally gone, his list is not too long. Could be totally brain-farting here.

Rob has what most folks probably remember for big kicks in Hawkeye history, but unless my aging brain is totally gone, his list is not too long. Could be totally brain-farting here.

Rob won a Holiday bowl, the epic re-kick win at Minnesota and of course 1985 Iowa vs Michigan. That's the biggest in Iowa history.
But I'd say Keith has the most big game winners overall.

Reactions: rchawk
ADVERTISEMENT