ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Murphy just told me that Breece Hall is a “ household name”..

I watched a couple of clone games before the season started for Iowa. Hall is very good despite playing against B12 defenses. I would take him in a heartbeat.

I had 2 first round picks in our devy fantasy draft last spring. Took David Bell 1.04 and Breece Hall fell to me at 1.08. I’m pretty excited.

Reactions: David1979
Breece Hall and David Montgomery were both 2 stars coming out of high school, so I’m pretty sure he wasn’t in the Army All-American game.

To be fair, Montgomery played QB in high school.

Breece Hall and David Montgomery were both 2 stars coming out of high school, so I’m pretty sure he wasn’t in the Army All-American game.

Hall wasn't a two star. He was I believe his Junior year but ended four star on 247 and 5.7 three star on Rivals. And he was an Army All American.

Hall wasn't a two star. He was I believe his Junior year but ended four star on 247 and 5.7 three star on Rivals. And he was an Army All American.

I stand corrected. Thanks, although I think Iowa State was recruiting him before he got his additional accolades.

I stand corrected. Thanks, although I think Iowa State was recruiting him before he got his additional accolades.
Yeah, he was clearly underrated when teams first started recruiting him. he was getting offers from lots of schools and remained a 2 star for awhile. Didn't make any sense.

Yep and it was clearly visible in his high school vids that he was definitely talented. I cringed when he signed with them.

Reactions: David1979
He is a scrawny little back that would be broken in two in the B1G, he wouldn't last three games. But playing in the Texas/Sunbelt league like he does no one can tackle. I would take any of Iowa's three backs.

Scrawny? He's 6-1, 215 and can leg press a Steinway.

Breece was in the Army all-American game. He was only a 2-star with Rivals. He was a 4-star at 247.

Could be a first round pick too…

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia believes the Bills could take Iowa State RB Breece Hall in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Hall, Buscaglia argues, would be the final piece in a potent offense that lacks a dangerous, every-down backfield threat. At the NFL Scouting Combine in February, Hall led all running backs with a 40-inch vertical and a 10'6" broad jump. His outrageous collegiate production included 3,044 rushing yards and 41 rushing scores over his final two years at Iowa State. Hall is a solid pass catcher, averaging three receptions for 24.2 yards per game in his last collegiate season. "The ability to make something out of nothing as a pass catcher is a trait worth chasing," Buscaglia said. "And if the Bills are shifting to more of a zone running scheme, [Hall's] skills would work perfectly within that." Buscaglia said Hall in 2022 would likely split backfield duties with Devin Singletary -- entering the final year of his rookie deal -- before taking over as the team's every-down back in 2023. With defenses dropping two safeties deep in coverage against the dangerous Bills passing attack, Buscaglia said an explosive running back would make teams pay for their soft-box approach. It would be surprising if an analytics-focused organization like the Bills used first-round draft capital on a running back, especially after Singletary showed he can function as an every-down runner.

The “lack of respect” for ISUn football here astounds me. It’s not like those guys haven’t picked up the quality of their program the past 5 years or so. They have done a decent job of player recruitment and player development. Breece Hall is one helluva footballer. If he stays injury free and gets with the team, he will do well. Honestly, David Montgomery has been a much better pro player than I thought he would be…..playing for the Bears is no advantage.
To denigrate ISU like many here do is to denigrate the Iowa football program, who has defeated them several years in a row now.
You dont have to worship them….no one expects that here…..but you do have to acknowledge their progress.

Reactions: RothMatt
The “lack of respect” for ISUn football here astounds me. It’s not like those guys haven’t picked up the quality of their program the past 5 years or so. They have done a decent job of player recruitment and player development. Breece Hall is one helluva footballer. If he stays injury free and gets with the team, he will do well. Honestly, David Montgomery has been a much better pro player than I thought he would be…..playing for the Bears is no advantage.
To denigrate ISU like many here do is to denigrate the Iowa football program, who has defeated them several years in a row now.
You dont have to worship them….no one expects that here…..but you do have to acknowledge their progress.
They have progressed to a 7-6 program.

Congrats.

Walk down any street or alley in Ames and say, "Breece Hall," and see what kind of reaction you get. Suggesting for a friend.

BTW: Who's Keith Murphy?

you do have to acknowledge their progress.
We don't "have" to do anything but die . . . paying taxes is even optional, at least it is if you have millions or billions of dollars . . . but not if you're a teacher, a waitress, or a bus driver, of course.

But I will say kudos to ISU for not being one of the worst teams in America. How's that for appreciation?

Funny thing regarding Breece Hall and the narrative that ISU gets no respect...NFL Network has their scroll on the bottom of the screen running constantly regarding the projected draft picks, and Hall has crept into the 1st round but it says Breece Hall/Iowa!!

LOL.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Funny thing regarding Breece Hall and the narrative that ISU gets no respect...NFL Network has their scroll on the bottom of the screen running constantly regarding the projected draft picks, and Hall has crept into the 1st round but it says Breece Hall/Iowa!!

LOL.
It's about time. Have they had a first rounder since the Nixon administration?

I acknowledge their progress from 9-3 to 7-6. I’m hoping they can progress to 4-8 this season.

It's about time. Have they had a first rounder since the Nixon administration?
Sports Illustrated calls ISU "futile" in regards to the NFL draft.

1973 was their last guy in first round. Most of today's players' parents weren't even born yet.

We don't call them futile, we just call them Clones. Futile is already assumed.

Second round maybe. I don't get the feeling RB is very strong or a really big need in this draft.

Sports Illustrated calls ISU "futile" in regards to the NFL draft.

1973 was their last guy in first round. Most of today's players' parents weren't even born yet.

We don't call them futile, we just call them Clones. Futile is already assumed.
George Admundson pops the champagne cork every year the 1st round ends.
He is playing One is the loneliest number by Three Dog Night

We don't "have" to do anything but die . . . paying taxes is even optional, at least it is if you have millions or billions of dollars . . . but not if you're a teacher, a waitress, or a bus driver, of course.

But I will say kudos to ISU for not being one of the worst teams in America. How's that for appreciation?
Top 1% pay 40% of all fed income tax revenue. Top 40% pay 95%.

As it should be. Those who hold the wealth and the money need to be the ones who pay the bills.
Who says they are “holding “ wealth. Taxes aren’t based on “holdings:, they are based on earnings and productivity to our society. You can spend decades of work either paying out of your own pocket for the training or being paid Next to nothing until your 40 when you’ve got very little time in the labor force and are saddled with huge debt. But suddenly you are saddled massively more in taxes than a blue collar worker who didn’t pay all that in to the system and is primed for “retirement’ at age 50.

‘’it’s a scavenger system where those who don’t want to work, excel, or take risk feed off of those who do.

Its a bad and unfair system

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT