ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Murphy just told me that Breece Hall is a “ household name”..

The “lack of respect” for ISUn football here astounds me. It’s not like those guys haven’t picked up the quality of their program the past 5 years or so. They have done a decent job of player recruitment and player development. Breece Hall is one helluva footballer. If he stays injury free and gets with the team, he will do well. Honestly, David Montgomery has been a much better pro player than I thought he would be…..playing for the Bears is no advantage.
To denigrate ISU like many here do is to denigrate the Iowa football program, who has defeated them several years in a row now.
You dont have to worship them….no one expects that here…..but you do have to acknowledge their progress.
why? Have you ever read anything positive in regard to the Iowa program on their websites?

He played in two games against Iowa.
1 carry for 0 yards
16 carries for 69 yards.
He also gained an impressive 69 yards on 23 carries against a powerful UNI defense.

Once he got into the Big 12 schedule, he started to click. (wonder why?)
Exactly what I was thinking, I only watched him once and he didn't seem too impressive.

Exactly what I was thinking, I only watched him once and he didn't seem too impressive.
What team do you rep? What position in the draft do you control? You guys really don't see his talent? Are you that blind? or daft? Im not saying he is headed towards the Hall of Fame....but if he gets to the right place, he will be a Sunday player. I think he is everything Montgomery was in college....and Montgomery, altho with a horrid offense, has had a credible career so far.
(Is there a UIowa back in the past 20 years who has had the success Montgomery has had in The League?.....Not snarky.....just curious.)

(Is there a UIowa back in the past 20 years who has had the success Montgomery has had in The League?.....Not snarky.....just curious.)
Not snarky? Just curious?
Right, jackass. You know the answer but just wanted to say you're not sparky?
Bad attempt at trying to make a point

Reactions: PIEPI
What team do you rep? What position in the draft do you control? You guys really don't see his talent? Are you that blind? or daft? Im not saying he is headed towards the Hall of Fame....but if he gets to the right place, he will be a Sunday player. I think he is everything Montgomery was in college....and Montgomery, altho with a horrid offense, has had a credible career so far.
Watched a solid, not elite, Iowa defense shut him down and force a fumble, not impressed. He was a non-factor, all I needed to know. To answer your other question, Shonn Greene.

Watched a solid, not elite, Iowa defense shut him down and force a fumble, not impressed. He was a non-factor, all I needed to know. To answer your other question, Shonn Greene.
Professionally, Shonn and David are about the same ball player.....both saddled with piss poor offensive teams except Shonn did end up at a little bit better Tennessee team.....

Not snarky? Just curious?
Right, jackass. You know the answer but just wanted to say you're not sparky?
Bad attempt at trying to make a point
NO......sorry.
If I strained, I would have said Shonn Green.....but as an NFL player, I would be hard pressed to think of an Iowa running back from the last 20 years.......even, the last 50.....except for Podolak, and he only played RB at Iowa maybe 5-6 games as a senior....

ADVERTISEMENT