ADVERTISEMENT

Kellyanne Conway should be removed from WH for violating federal law: Office of Special Counsel

Yeah, well that's just like... your opinion, man.

Trump doesn't need to concern himself with "recommendations" from the OSC. And his personal attorney...errr... I mean the Attorney General, will back him up on that.

lock-her-up-a1dcbd.jpg

She's certainly guilty of making political statements. It never occurred to me -- and apparently to her, either -- that it was illegal or improper to do that. I assume we will now see a flurry of activity as Republicans find people who have done similar things in Democratic presidencies.

Pass the popping corn.

Reactions: lawsonhawk
She's certainly guilty of making political statements. It never occurred to me -- and apparently to her, either -- that it was illegal or improper to do that. I assume we will now see a flurry of activity as Republicans find people who have done similar things in Democratic presidencies.

Pass the popping corn.
This isn't anything new. Folks said this about her a long time ago. Now its just the OSC backing up what people have said. They're all saying it.

Pass the popping corn.

She knew. The OLC warned her multiple times over the past couple of years. She just doesn’t care.

Pass the popping corn.
Here you go.

The e-mail "scandal" under Dubya was whether government employees were using government time and equipment for partisan political activity, which would have been a violation of the Hatch Act.

Lone Clone, Mar 5, 2015

Enjoy your popcorn.

In its statement Thursday afternoon the White House attacked the OSC, calling its ruling on Conway “deeply flawed,” “unprecedented,” and “influenced by media pressure and liberal organizations.”

The White House also claimed the OSC’s call for Conway’s termination had “a chilling effect on free speech for all federal employees,” and “violate” Conway’s “rights to free speech and due process.”

Legal and ethics experts disagree on the White House’s stance.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/wh...OghE1vh70gh3WVKkVeQ7LfqT2qeS6CG_HCiwrcMDgzmMA

Pass the popping corn.
Do you at least feel a little shame when you post shit like this?

The hatch act sounds like a good law. I highly doubt she's alone in her violation of it, which is likely why she's so belligerent about it. Here's what they should do, take her, a couple of other republicans, and the same number of democrats, and make a FIRM example of them. Stay serious about it, and get politics out of government.

This has zero chance of working doesn't it. I still think the Hatch act sounds like a good law.

The hatch act sounds like a good law. I highly doubt she's alone in her violation of it, which is likely why she's so belligerent about it. Here's what they should do, take her, a couple of other republicans, and the same number of democrats, and make a FIRM example of them. Stay serious about it, and get politics out of government.

This has zero chance of working doesn't it. I still think the Hatch act sounds like a good law.

Why is the standard response from the trumpers now that everybody else is doing it so it’s ok ?

She knew. The OLC warned her multiple times over the past couple of years. She just doesn’t care.
Yes, she is going to ride the gravy train as long as she can and then move on. For her, it is all about the money. I believe her and George concocted their good cop, bad cop relationship so that they could both benefit. If a Democrat were president, I bet she would defend them just as much as she defends Trump (for the right money, of course).

None of it will matter. The current administration and a healthy number of their supporters are under the opinion that prosecution is the sole indicator for inappropriate action. Since she won't be prosecuted nothing will happen.

IMO, the lasting legacy of the Trump administration will be the death of the unwritten code of conduct and the end of even pretending to serve with honor.

Last edited:

Pass the popping corn.

I'm wondering if they will find someone who has violated it as often as she has though. I would say there is a difference between someone who violated it once, was warned and checked the behavior and Conway who violated it was warned and just kept on doing it.

Ever read the Hatch Act? Every administration official since the act has been passed could be seen as having broken this during their time in office. Incredibly stupid

Ever read the Hatch Act? Every administration official since the act has been passed could be seen as having broken this during their time in office. Incredibly stupid
LOL...great. Now you'll cite the instances where the president's own appointee to the Office of Special Counsel called for the dismissal of a high-ranking member of the administration for said violation. TIA

White House attacks DOJ agency demanding Kellyanne Conway be fired over Hatch Act violations

The White House swiftly rejected an oversight office's call for Kellyanne Conway to be fired for
violating the Hatch Act, saying the U.S. Office of Special Counsel violated her right to free speech. The independent oversight office, which is led by Trump-nominated Henry Kerner, blasted Conway's "persistent, notorious, and deliberate Hatch Act violations" in a report Thursday, citing instances where Conway commented on political campaigns, which the law prohibits certain officials from doing.

White House spokesman Steven Groves said in a statement that the office's “unprecedented actions against Kellyanne Conway are deeply flawed and violate her constitutional rights to free speech and due process.""Others, of all political views, have objected to the OSC’s unclear and unevenly applied rules which have a chilling effect on free speech for all federal employees," Groves said. "Its decisions seem to be influenced by media pressure and liberal organizations — and perhaps OSC should be mindful of its own mandate to act in a fair, impartial, non-political manner, and not misinterpret or weaponize the Hatch Act.” Conway, who often helps shape White House messaging, bruskly refused to comment when a reporter approached her moments after the report was made public. "Can you leave, please?” Conway said to Eamon Javers of CNBC, pointing to a door. She added: “I have no reaction. Why would I give you a reaction?“

In a press release and letter to Trump, the independent Office of Special Counsel called on Trump to fire Conway, who served as Trump's final campaign manager in 2016. Unlike most other campaign-era advisers, Conway has retained a close relationship with Trump, who routinely fires aides. Conway's alleged violations of the law include tweets and interview statements in support of Republicans in the 2018 midterm elections and comments on the 2020 election, including referring to Democratic front-runner Joe Biden on Twitter as "Creepy Uncle Joe." "Like with other presidential appointees, the President has the authority to discipline Ms. Conway for violating the Hatch Act. Given that Ms. Conway is a repeat offender and has shown disregard for the law, OSC recommends that she be removed from federal service," the office said in a press release.

In an 11-page open letter, White House counsel Pat Cipollone rebutted the OSC's 17-page report, saying that office did not give Conway a required opportunity to respond and made flimsy assumptions — including that the law even applies to a presidential surrogate as senior as Conway. Cipollone defended Conway's media interviews as "simply commenting on an individual who is running for office" and defended Conway's tweets, writing, "Ms. Conways does not, in fact, use her Twitter account for any 'official purpose'." OSC's 'call' upon the President 'to remove Ms. Conway from her federal position immediately' is as outrageous as it is unprecedented," the White House counsel wrote.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/white-house-attacks-doj-agency-demanding-kellyanne-conway-resign-over-hatch-act-violations

Reactions: hawk-i bob
Certain Executive Officials and Appointees

The Hatch Act provides an exception to allow certain high-ranking officials to “engage in political activity otherwise prohibited ... if the costs associated with that political activity are not paid for by money derived from the Treasury of the United States.” The exception is available to employees who hold positions with responsibilities that “continue outside normal duty hours and while away from the normal duty post,” such as presidential advisers or cabinet officers appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. In other words, these officials may engage in political activities during what would be considered official working time, as long as federal funds are not used for such activities. Any such official must reimburse the U.S. Treasury for the federal resources used in campaign activities.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44469.pdf

I pretty much said exactly the opposite of "it's ok."
Oh, bullshit. You used the old, "everybody does it ,so it's not that big of a deal," line.

Kellyanne absolutely has to go. There is no ifs, ands, or buts about this. She is not fit to work in the White House. Stop trying to blame others. Stop trying to minimize her actions. Stop trying to get to blame the Dems. She and she alone is responsible for her illegal actions.

I grow so tired of Trump and his staff breaking the law and his supporters playing the "everyone does it card."

And while we're at it, Kush has to go, too. He was originally denied clearance. We should go back to that at yank his away. Gaining clearance simply because you are the president's Son in Law should not be a thing.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT