ADVERTISEMENT

Ken Langon founder of Home Depot feels betrayed by Trump, urges Americans to unite behind Biden

Hoosierhawkeye

HR King
Sep 16, 2008

That’s Ken Langone, the billionaire co-founder of Home Depot explaining to CNBC on Wednesday why he feels “betrayed” by the riots that erupted on Capitol Hill last week.

“Last Wednesday was a disgrace,” Langone continued. “It should never have happened in this country. If it doesn’t break every American’s heart, something is wrong. It breaks my heart, for sure. I didn’t sign up for that.” With that, Langone, who has backed Trump’s policies over the years as a GOP donor, urged the country to unite behind the president-elect.

“If there’s a time in history where all Americans need to be a patriot, this is that time,” he told CNBC. “I’m going to do everything I can from Day One to make sure I do my part to make Joe Biden the most successful president in the history of this country.”

Langone’s comments were made as the House prepared to vote on whether to impeach Donald Trump for inciting the insurrection; he would be the first president in U.S. history to be impeached twice. Trump, for his part, denied any responsibility for the violence, saying his speech was “totally appropriate.” He also slammed Democrats for their “ridiculous” plans to impeach him.

I completely agree that this whole situation transcends politics.

ADVERTISEMENT