ADVERTISEMENT

Kent Hill

Feb 3, 2011
After reading threads about rebounding and inside play for next season, and watching Tate from Ohio State, I remembered Kent Hill. That guy was a beast! Was he 6'4"? Does anyone know what happened to him?

Yes, our Hawks laid a few eggs this year, but what a great season and a great turn around for our program. Tied for 3rd in the BIG and dancing!! Go Hawks!

He did great things for his size.
like a lot of players, they were pretty generous when they listed his height.
I think he might have been credited at 6'6". I met him a couple of times and 6'4" was a lot closer.

Hawks are definitely lacking a guy with some muscle inside. I'm hoping Wagner likes to hit the weights and comes to IC after adding 10-15 lbs. of muscle over the summer.

Before Kent there was Clay Hartgrave who led the Big Ten in rebounding back in the 70s. He was 6'4".

The most important thing, in any sport, is athleticism. Take two freshman from the BIG, Haas from Purdue (a huge man) and Russell from OSU. Being the same class, which one would you choose for your team?

Kent was a lot stronger than Clay. Kent did great for his size but was, in the end, just too short to guard the big guys down low or keep them off the offensive boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT