ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State Duals PBP Thread

Let me paint a picture for you:

Last night when I was leaving to pick up a daughter from dance, a trip the Mrs. V didn't want to make b/c: 1) her Thursday Night lineup and 2) already in PJs, I said, "Hey, I'm listening to wrestling tomorrow night". On my way to dance, I stopped at Iowa Brewing and got a $5 growler fill of "NE Logger"

And then this morning, I suggested that the daughter who drives, stop and get a $5 pizzas from PapaMurphys for dinner.

The oven is on.
The radio is tuned to AM 800.
The fire is going.
The glass is poured
I'm in my favorite chair
And I fed the dogs.

All I need is wrestling on the radio.

125 Spencer Lee
133 Austin DeSanto
141 Max Murin
149 Pat Lugo
157 Kaleb Young / Jeren Glosser
165 Alex Marinelli
174 Myles Wilson
184 Ca$h Wilcke / Mitch Bowman
197 Connor Corbin
285 Aaron Costello

Grace and ...
Waiting on the first dual to get done.
Taking some time here.
They are at 184 so like 18 min of wrestling
CS-Bakerfield 14-9 leading.
Grace is describing the fieldhouse. Including the concessions.
1,300 people
Sell Out !
Badgers are here.
Bucky wrestles Kent State first.

Potential debuts

Grace is just filling time but I don't care. It's so nice to have him on the radio.

Conel wrestling now. Rumors weren’t true so looks like Warner will be accused of dodging to protect his seed.
If he doesn't wrestle Brucki and misses Brunner due to U23 he will be left with Miklus and Midlands(Brucki Holschlag)

DeSanto's highly anticipated debut
Murin highly touted out of PA
Lugo- Edinboro guy think he was an AA (not sure if Grace is right on that)
Myles Wilson getting the nod. No specifcs on Kemerer (leave it) so far.

Good time to give a few disclaimers:
1. If you're looking for accurate, well thought out play by play, you have come to the wrong place. These are "Wrestling stylings" more than PBP

2. Whizzard is a thing. I do that on purpose.

3. Jump in? Please don't. I know some people can't help themselves and I'm not going to yell at you, just realize that some people like to follow along and don't want a post about the first period to be followed up with a post that says "YESSSSSSS!!!". I guess it ruins the fun.

4. I am listening on the radio and transcribing. Comments are quotes like "Goll Darnit" and "Go to go, Kemerer" are from the greatest wrestling color guy in the world and not from me (I'll use ( ) if it is from me).

5. I played basketball but love wrestling. Thanks for accepting me.

6. If you are on a date, go to the bathroom to check your phone.

Conel looks very lethargic. Definitely has an injured shoulder. Conel leads 4-3 after 2

3 hr weigh in.
Weighed in at 2PM CST.- First dual was at 3 PM
285 of the match before.
Wrestlers going back to locker room.
No interview with Tom Brands.
(Basically, if there had been an interview it would have been "the guys have to go").

DeSanto's highly anticipated debut
Murin highly touted out of PA
Lugo- Edinboro guy think he was an AA (not sure if Grace is right on that)
Myles Wilson getting the nod. No specifcs on Kemerer (leave it) so far.

Good time to give a few disclaimers:
1. If you're looking for accurate, well thought out play by play, you have come to the wrong place. These are "Wrestling stylings" more than PBP

2. Whizzard is a thing. I do that on purpose.

3. Jump in? Please don't. I know some people can't help themselves and I'm not going to yell at you, just realize that some people like to follow along and don't want a post about the first period to be followed up with a post that says "YESSSSSSS!!!". I guess it ruins the fun.

4. I am listening on the radio and transcribing. Comments are quotes like "Goll Darnit" and "Go to go, Kemerer" are from the greatest wrestling color guy in the world and not from me (I'll use ( ) if it is from me).

5. I played basketball but love wrestling. Thanks for accepting me.

6. If you are on a date, go to the bathroom to check your phone.

YYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Let me paint a picture for you:

Last night when I was leaving to pick up a daughter from dance, a trip the Mrs. V didn't want to make b/c: 1) her Thursday Night lineup and 2) already in PJs, I said, "Hey, I'm listening to wrestling tomorrow night". On my way to dance, I stopped at Iowa Brewing and got a $5 growler fill of "NE Logger"

And then this morning, I suggested that the daughter who drives, stop and get a $5 pizzas from PapaMurphys for dinner.

The oven is on.
The radio is tuned to AM 800.
The fire is going.
The glass is poured
I'm in my favorite chair
And I fed the dogs.

All I need is wrestling on the radio.
Now that is a vivid and enviable picture. I’m on a bus home from work. But my son is coming home from college for a visit. We’ll eat meat and watch our beloved Washington capitals yonite (while checking the cesspool updates of course)

Hawkeye Title and Settlement is a new advertiser.
Owner Steven Anderson is a big Hawk fan and we have mutual friends on the Facebook, so he's probably a good guy. If nothing else, we were in HS at the same time, but he was on the wrong side, the WWDSM-side, of town.

Murin / Happel at 141 is announced- only change to previously announced.

Kent State sounds like winning the dual.

Daughter is home. She talking to me.

Did I know the library was closed due to Veteran's Day? No (and don't care).

If we do the survey from Papa Murphy we can get free cookie dough pizza! Wow (and don't care).

Mom's going to want a special pizza but they are limited for the $5 special. I know (and don't care).

125 Hernandez- Figeroa
133 Nickell - only ranked matchup in first dual.

Reactions: Gusaford
You guys should do a pool on time to lee pin for a hwc donation. Call it “closest to the pin”

Sounds like Grace is doing this solo.
I love Grace but he sounds lonely.
He needs someone to say things like "I am so goll darn, pumped"
Grace is in the media guide reading us "fun facts"

Reactions: DirkTang1
Grace is really really filling time.
He's describing the seating arrangments.
He should tell us what he ate for dinner last night.
Or his favorite color.

PSA : Thanks to all the Veterans.
We had a nice recognition for Veterans at work today.

Waiting on the iPad for the review to start.
Hearing about the disappointment in the library being closed again.

Seriously, Grace is telling us about his day. Started with breakfast at the hotel. then went over for the work out (assuming the guys) and changed in one building and went to another building to work out.

Reactions: Gusaford
There will be a break btw the two duals.
Grace has to unplug and turn off and go to the other mat.
Still waiting on that review iPad.
Iowa will be wearing the red ankle bands.
This is brutal.
Spencer is pacing back and forth. Still has his jacket on.
17-16 CS-Bake won over KSU.

YYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!

This is in reference to Lee...............when he wrestles............if the meet ever starts..........
482mapsnj8wz.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT