ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky and Wisconsin

Aug 27, 2014
What are the chances that Kentucky and Wisconsin are paired up in the same midwest region? Looking at Joe Lunardi's bracketology, that is where he currently has Wisconsin. I personally feel like Wisconsin deserves a 1 seed instead of Villanova.

EAST COAST biased, WI should be #1 but I think the B1G teams are late bloomers so they should do well in the DANCE!

I think they'll keep geography together unless they have a real good reason not to. Nova almost blew it last night, but if they don't slip too bad in the Big East tourney, they'll get a #1. I'm not even sure they'd put Wisky above Arizona if they have the chance. Arizona and Gonzaga would definitely make the West an easy one to place the 1 and 2.

Wisconsin can beat Kentucky. Don't think they necessarily would...but are certainly capable of it.

I also think Wisconsin would have a good chance against Kentucky. If they played 10 times, I think Wisconsin would win at least 3 or 4 times.

Wisconsin needs to be in the same Region as Duke so they can whip them! Wisconsin and Kentucky in the same bracket is wrong. Usually the last 2 seed would be put in bracket with #1 overall seed. Wait until brackets come out- Duke will have the easiest path to the Final Four! I guarantee it. (Duke- the Notre Dame of College Basketball!)

Originally posted by dawgs_04:
What has Wisconsin done to deserve a 1 seed? Their conf schedule is a joke.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yep.... Iowa has more games played and more wins vs the Top 25 than does Wisconsin. But in defense of Wisconsin in Big Ten play they can't play themselves so it was hard to get many Top 25 games.

Probably wrong about this, but I thought the overall #1 got the 'weakest' #2 in their region.

Originally posted by paladinhawk:

Probably wrong about this, but I thought the overall #1 got the 'weakest' #2 in their region.
For some dumb reason the committee believes staying close geographically is more important than seeding on an S curve for the 1 and 2 seeds. The closet 2 seed region to Wisconsin happens to be in Kentucky's bracket. Supposedly their bracket will get a weak 3 and 4 seed but still not the way to do it.

You really don't why they try and keep schools close to their region?????

Possibly they might want the arenas full of fans????

NCAA = $$$

Closer to schools = more $$$

Doesn't give the right matchups on the S-curve, but the $$ controls here.

Originally posted by 2432Hawk:

Originally posted by dawgs_04:
What has Wisconsin done to deserve a 1 seed? Their conf schedule is a joke.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yep.... Iowa has more games played and more wins vs the Top 25 than does Wisconsin. But in defense of Wisconsin in Big Ten play they can't play themselves so it was hard to get many Top 25 games.
Well outside of Duke and Maryland they basically have kicked everyone's ass. Beat iowa by 32 and it felt like it could've been more. And they're doing this without their starting PG.

Before you say "Rutgers!!!" Realize the best player in CBB missed that game and their starting PG went down in that game. Should've won but you can understand their shell shock

If $ as far as ticket sales is the biggest thing, then I would think they'd send UK to Houston to fill that big football stadium. Or am I wrong to assume UK would travel really well? Will their fans wait for the final four in Indy rather than travel to Houston?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT