ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Fan Stopping By

Dec 27, 2021
Hello, Hawkeye fans. Just thought I'd drop by to check in on our bowl opponent.

I see you all already have a thread about Levis sitting out. Not too much of a shocker for us. I'm pretty sure Kaiya Sheron will be taking over as QB1. He started against South Carolina when Levis was out with a toe injury, and I think he got sacked about six times. People started celebrating when the offense crossed midfield because it was so ugly. They didn't make it over too often.

Since UK doesn't have an OC right now, I doubt you'll see too many forward passes from Sheron. That sucks because the WRs are really talented. You guys should have a field day in the backfield. With this O-Line, I don't think Sheron stands much of a chance.

Our defense is good, but the secondary can get a bit sloppy sometimes. It'll be the battle of backup QBs, and the first to seven points wins! If our starting RB doesn't play and the WRs can't get the ball, I'm not sure how UK will even score. 😂

Oh, and the special teams is good for at least one missed FG/PAT per game. Our game against UL was oddly clean in that aspect, but that probably won't hold up.

You guys were great to interact with last year, and I actually like your program and hope for the best for y'all in the future!

Saw the name and got scared.

Figured he was the next Lamar Jackson.

So happy he's a cracker!
Definitely not Lamar! I've got him completing two passes, at most, that aren't horizontal. 😂 Kentucky will play this thing as conservative as possible.

This game is going to entertaining for all the wrong reasons! I went down to the Kentucky v Vandy game, just a bad day for the wildcats. Don’t worry, we don’t have Mikey Wright type QB to contend with!!😂

Reactions: ThunderMash
Welcome Thunder!

We will be playing with our 3rd string QB in the bowl game. We have no idea what to expect, but are hoping for the best.

It sounds like there may be a battle for who has the worst OL, as ours was under-whelming too.

We will also be down a couple of starting WR’s. So we may also try to feature the running game.

Our Defense and Special Teams are the strength of our team. We are pretty good at taking the ball away on Defense.

Special teams, we are quite good at Punter, Kicker, and coverage team.

I do expect a defensive dominated game, where field position will be very important.

I see you all already have a thread about Levis sitting out. Not too much of a shocker for us. I'm pretty sure Kaiya Sheron will be taking over as QB1. He started against South Carolina when Levis was out with a toe injury, and I think he got sacked about six times. People started celebrating when the offense crossed midfield because it was so ugly. They didn't make it over too often.

Since UK doesn't have an OC right now, I doubt you'll see too many forward passes from Sheron. That sucks because the WRs are really talented. You guys should have a field day in the backfield. With this O-Line, I don't think Sheron stands much of a chance.

Our defense is good, but the secondary can get a bit sloppy sometimes. It'll be the battle of backup QBs, and the first to seven points wins! If our starting RB doesn't play and the WRs can't get the ball, I'm not sure how UK will even score. 😂

Oh, and the special teams is good for at least one missed FG/PAT per game. Our game against UL was oddly clean in that aspect, but that probably won't hold up.

You guys were great to interact with last year, and I actually like your program and hope for the best for y'all in the future!
I figure you are a Kentucky coach trying to get us to not prepare for a passing onslaught.

JK

Maybe

No OC > Brian Ferentz

Honestly, I am jealous.

Welcome Thunder!

We will be playing with our 3rd string QB in the bowl game. We have no idea what to expect, but are hoping for the best.

It sounds like there may be a battle for who has the worst OL, as ours was under-whelming too.

We will also be down a couple of starting WR’s. So we may also try to feature the running game.

Our Defense and Special Teams are the strength of our team. We are pretty good at taking the ball away on Defense.

Special teams, we are quite good at Punter, Kicker, and coverage team.

I do expect a defensive dominated game, where field position will be very important.
This type of bowl game where regular season starters are absent may be the norm from now on. Current Injuries, transfer portal, avoiding injuries for optimum draft status. Leaving early for the draft. Unless you in the playoffs these games will be regulated to talent evaluation of mostly current freshmen and sophomores.

Good luck Thunder. Our QB3 will be starting and has never taken a snap in a game so should be interesting. I’m thinking with our OL struggles you guys could be blitzing him a lot on 3rd down. Could turn in to a puntfest.

The first game of next season. Who knows what to expect.

Good luck Thunder. Our QB3 will be starting and has never taken a snap in a game so should be interesting. I’m thinking with our OL struggles you guys could be blitzing him a lot on 3rd down. Could turn in to a puntfest.
Our guys don't put too much pressure on the QB. Kentucky's been out-sacked by nearly every team, even Youngstown State and NIU. We'll see how our guys match up on the line in a few weeks.

I figure you are a Kentucky coach trying to get us to not prepare for a passing onslaught.

JK

Maybe
You nailed that one.

But the “onslaught” will be three WR screens to the boundary side and Hail Mary ten yards OOB’s to end the first half.

And then we get conservative on your arse in the second half!!

Reactions: Torg

Ok, you just told us about our team. Now tell us about Kentucky. 🤣

You nailed that one.

But the “onslaught” will be three WR screens to the boundary side and Hail Mary ten yards OOB’s to end the first half.

And then we get conservative on your arse in the second half!!
I always said OC Scang would marry a WR screen if he could. He's gone now, and I hope he took the screens with him. Lol.

Reactions: The-Hack
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by our defense and special teams, until mid 3rd quarter when they’ve been on the field for 32 minutes.

This type of bowl game where regular season starters are absent may be the norm from now on. Current Injuries, transfer portal, avoiding injuries for optimum draft status. Leaving early for the draft. Unless you in the playoffs these games will be regulated to talent evaluation of mostly current freshmen and sophomores.
WOB?

Reactions: hawkeyeandy
Oh that’s a definite… if he kicks ass he should’ve been playing already. If he doesn’t it’s just more indication how poor the staff is at recruiting quarterbacks!
100%. If Labas or May play well it will be KF and BF’s worst nightmare. More egg on their face to go with what Charlie Jones already put on

100%. If Labas or May play well it will be KF and BF’s worst nightmare. More egg on their face to go with what Charlie Jones already put on

Don’t agree… all that proves, and more importantly shows the ignorant Fan is, they have no clue about practice restrictions, and how difficult it is to prepare a third quarterback, Period!

100%. If Labas or May play well ..
could mcnamara then decide to
oops-turn-around.gif

leaving an extra scholly for a well deserving walkon?

Oh so everyone that was cursing KF for not playing Labas now all the sudden agrees w KF that's hes not ready and can't score any more then Petras. Noted.
I don't think you have this right. We were cursing KF for not giving Labas ANY plays (for just this occasion). It also would have been nice to see what he had on the field.

Oh, boy. Levis and Rodriguez are both sitting this one out. When Levis was out with the toe injury vs South Carolina, Rodriguez was pert near the sole reason Kentucky even made it past midfield.

Fellas, I'm not even sure they're gonna make it this time without them. This could be a three and out affair, so buckle up!

Reactions: BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT