ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet Reopens Recruiting

We need an elite middle to upper weight coach - world medal level - could help us attract 157-197 guys. Of course warner was a great get. But imagine the selling points of being able to learn from dake, Burroughs, Taylor, Snyder....

Same effect we have in the lower weights with brands and the elite guys wrestlers that gravitate towards those guys - gilman, Lee, cc Ect.

One top level coach away from having all bases covered.

We need an elite middle to upper weight coach - world medal level - could help us attract 157-197 guys. Of course warner was a great get. But imagine the selling points of being able to learn from dake, Burroughs, Taylor, Snyder....

Same effect we have in the lower weights with brands and the elite guys wrestlers that gravitate towards those guys - gilman, Lee, cc Ect.

Have you heard of Mark Perry?

Are you trying to say we need Kerkvliet? We already have a signed and sealed HWY coming in who happens to be pretty good. Just in case you think the guy at 197 is chopped liver, he beat Kerkvliet in folkstyle.

This has hot Carl stench all over it.
Absolutely, sounds like Nevills is done and think his little brother is about 1/2 as good as Nick. So I am sure he doesn’t mind running them out of town.

This stinks cause I have heard from minny insiders that Kerk is likely to end up being the better of Gable and himself. Really hope Carl doesn’t pull this one out of his arse

Last edited:
I am going to guess tOSU. Singletary had a 22-3 record RS record. Not bad, right? No real impressive wins and even took a major from Devin Nye from Kent State (18-17)...who was Kent State's backup.

Reactions: Grip220
Carl recruiting over his guys again
He has zero shame
All he cares about is his own legacy
He’s not willing to commit scholar money and time if it means not starting out with the absolute cream of the cream
This is why I will never consider Carl one of the best coaches of all time

If you(meaning anyone) don't think Carl would actively recruit Kerk over Nevills, you are fooling yourselves.
all smart coaches will recruit over guys. remember when lee and teasdale verballed,when this board loved teasdale, two other recruits went away. wilke was gonna sit so downey could win a title,murin,turk,etc.

Reactions: Ja1339
Holy crap now we have to listen to all them Penn State fans how great there God Cael is .
How he gets away with kicking these kids like he does . If this is true both of the Nevis boys get screwed. They saying that Cassar is going this year at hwt and I wonder when in the heavens name is Manivle going to start dam been over 3 years I think since he got out of high school. Give him 5 years and a olymic redshirt he could be 30 years old his Sr year :rolleyes:

Carl recruiting over his guys again
He has zero shame
All he cares about is his own legacy
He’s not willing to commit scholar money and time if it means not starting out with the absolute cream of the cream
This is why I will never consider Carl one of the best coaches of all time
that breaks his heart.the fake indignation from the principled cesspool

Reactions: PSUer1989
all smart coaches will recruit over guys. remember when lee and teasdale verballed,when this board loved teasdale, two other recruits went away. wilke was gonna sit so downey could win a title,murin,turk,etc.

You know what? My ass isn't really that chapped about Carl possibly recruiting over someone but this is a wayyyy different situation.

1)Had Teasdale stayed, he would be coming into a redshirt this year. Had Renteria stayed, he possibly would have wrestled 133 last year plus this year. Redshirted, and went up to 141. As you can see, even with DeSanto coming in...Renteria decided to come back. It could have been done. i don't think Cali kid would have ended up here anyways even without Teasdale. In fact, it was attempted and it didn't work out. But Jrent is loving life.

2)Wilcke was a filler at 197 and ranked in the 80s coming out of high school....nothing was ever promised to him. Kerk was #2 at 220 and Nevills is #3 at HWY and #12 on WIllie's final P4P rankings of which Kerk is not on.

Reactions: IowaFan1414
Absolutely, sounds like Nevills is done and think his little brother is about 1/2 as good as Nick. So I am sure he doesn’t mind running them out of town.

This stinks cause I have heard from minny insiders that Kerk is likely to end up being the better of Gable and himself. Really hope Carl doesn’t pull this one out of his arse

Nevills is done?? Are you referring to Nick after next season? He still has 1 year left and will probably be ranked in the top 2. Could you clarify?

I can easily imagine Cael looking to bring in another quality hwt.

PSU was ranked #1 in 2018 team recruiting rankings, pulling in an unheard of 6 guys ranked in the top 22 p4p by FLO.

So you can see they took a breather in the 2018 recruiting, so they could easily afford the World Cadet champ, and #1 p4p recruit in 2019. Money is never a problem at PSU.

Nevills is done?? Are you referring to Nick after next season? He still has 1 year left and will probably be ranked in the top 2. Could you clarify?

I can easily imagine Cael looking to bring in another quality hwt.

PSU was ranked #1 in 2018 team recruiting rankings, pulling in an unheard of 6 guys ranked in the top 22 p4p by FLO.

So you can see they took a breather in the 2018 recruiting, so they could easily afford the World Cadet champ, and #1 p4p recruit in 2019. Money is never a problem at PSU.

There is a rumor that Nick could be done because of injury, though the only evidence discussed publicly that I've seen is that he had off-season surgery and Cassar is "getting big".

This upcoming season would be Nick's last eligible year, unless he applies for and is granted a 6th. Consensus opinion is that he doesn't apply, since little bro' is due to enter the lineup in 2019-20.

Reactions: andegre
He better go back to Okie St. John Smith is a good dude and I would root for Okie St to beat all of those other teams any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Nebraska ruins wrestlers so they are out and Carl and TanTom don’t need the Gable beater.

here because some guys still talk wrestling, titles or not. some guys want to win again some guys want to be cry babies. they love bubba now.
We were conversing about titles and wrestling. Until you came up with the great idea of the “not”portion of your comment.
I love more of what Bubba said.....he spoke the truth of his experience at PSU. Some of us happened to like the comments.
Stir the pot.....stir stir stir

Are you trying to say we need Kerkvliet? We already have a signed and sealed HWY coming in who happens to be pretty good. Just in case you think the guy at 197 is chopped liver, he beat Kerkvliet in folkstyle.
No not at all - I have been calling warner as a potential champ this season. Just think some Iowa make the list more often for top level recruits in upperweights if they see themselves working with a world medalist.

Reactions: IAChief32

Didn’t he and gable just have a head to head match up not too long ago with gable winning?

Nice post but what the heck does it have to do with the subject at hand? Your post was basically "I love lamp."

I don't get the Cael outrage. If PSU found a better prospect and better fit with whomever on on their roster, this is an example of a head coach doing his job.

No not at all - I have been calling warner as a potential champ this season. Just think some Iowa make the list more often for top level recruits in upperweights if they see themselves working with a world medalist.

I guess I don't see the issue. We flipped Cassioppi pretty quick when we didn't get Gable and got Warner. Warner was #1 at his weight and Cass is probably #2 after Gable. I'm guessing some of these guys don't list Iowa because we are set at 197 and HWY for the next 4-5 years. Gable did list Iowa and I believe he stated that he had always wanted to come here and almost did. It was a lot closer than many think. In the end, he gets to wrestle where his brother is at and near his home so it was going to be tough sledding once Bobby committed to Minne.

Add in Kennedy (who will probably be top then p4p by the time he graduates), Glazier, possible Assad, we are right there.

EDIT: I do think a 74kg or 80kg would help make guys better...that would be great. But winning titles in those weights will eventually be the best advertisement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT