ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet Reopens Recruiting

Some people regularly bitch about fans from other schools coming on to the HR site. I like to read about wrestling in general and I enjoy their input. The constant incest of Hawkeye Only would get old quick. Hit Ignore and let the rest of us read what we want.

And I disagree with those who oppose improving your team's chances of success with scholarships to the best wrestlers...and call it "recruiting over your own guys." A coach's responsibility to his team, his school, and its fans is to make that team the best it can be within the rules. My opinion, but strongly held.
I like them when they're decent. I don't like them when they treat us badly. I bet not many fan boys for Alabama are trying to rile us up on the HR Football board.

I agree that scholarships should be allotted to those who deserve them, but a coach's responsibility is first to his wrestlers, then the school, the team, and last the fans. I want the coach to make the wrestlers the best they can be as athletes, as people, and as representatives of the school, and the rest will fall into place. However, like you, I find his "recruiting over" worry mostly to be garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT