ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin McCarthy On CNN Recounting Biden's Decline

h-hawk

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
Sure this will be in print soon. This was before he was Speaker, Biden could only talk from his notes in meetings and was not capable of arguing any of these points. One time in the middle of the winter, he wanted the group to go outside to see the swimming pool for no apparent reason, Jill telling him that they don't want to go outside now. Strange things like that.

pepsi GIF

"Former Speaker Kevin McCarthy told CNN’s Manu Raju about meetings at the White House in which, he claims, President Joe Biden was incoherently reading from note cards.

The former GOP lawmaker joined CNN’s Capitol Hill correspondent for an interview at the RNC on Thursday — in which the pair discussed President Biden’s cognitive state.

McCarthy claimed that he saw “decline early on” in Biden’s presidency during meetings at the where White House where the president read talking points out loud from cards.

MCCARTHY: Well, a couple things. So when he became president and I was minority leader, he kind of shut us out from even communication. And I thought that was odd. But then when we won the majority and I went down before as speaker, I soon learned the reason why he has to speak from cards. And when he speaks from the cards and you want to debate what he said from the card to negotiate, he can’t go there. He shuts up the conversation. So I saw a real decline early on, and with each meeting I would have with them, it’s almost I saw a different Joe Biden. I remember one time being down there where I didn’t think he quite knew what was transpiring, and he took us on a like a wild tour down to the swimming pool. That made no sense in wintertime. And I remember Jill being on the other side of the table saying, no, no, they don’t want to go outside. And then he took us into he’s created this little office just outside, just down from the Oval Office. That’s his little private office and walked us into it. And, you know, there’s only a few people that can fit in it. Trump had it as a gift shop type thing. And in there he has a valet with a blue dress shirt all wrinkled sitting in there…Just every time I walked out depressed as an American, I didn’t tell anybody about that story, but because he was going off to a G7 meeting."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT