ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Warren's political priorites ride shotgun

You do know that when people say it's for political reasons, they're referring to trump. You're the one who thinks this is political, not me. Good luck with those thoughts, you've positioned yourself to fit in nicely with trump and his supporters. You're in good company.
Question, can someone not be a Trump Supporter and still think this is all overblown and that we should still play football?

Question, can someone not be a Trump Supporter and still think this is all overblown and that we should still play football?

Absolutely. I'm not defending Warren at all. I would love to watch FB this fall. But I think it's really odd to think the decision was made because of political reasons. ICant explained it very well.

You're the one who thinks there's a conspiracy that this is all political. As I said before, good luck with that thought process, you're in good company.

.......says the only pwerson who's mentioned a conspiracy, and invoked Trumps name to explain something that has nothing to do with Trump despite nobody else mentioning Trump.

Seriously, have you ever wondered what you'd do with a brain if you had one?

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
.......says the only pwerson who's mentioned a conspiracy, and invoked Trumps name to explain something that has nothing to do with Trump despite nobody else mentioning Trump.

Seriously, have you ever wondered what you'd do with a brain if you had one?

Someone is getting angry. There's a bunch of posters who think Warren is doing this for political reasons and that he's a liberal. If he's doing it for political reasons for the election, then you must feel he's trying to hurt trump. Just look at the post from FBnBB, there's a conspiracy where people actually think this is about the election. You're part of that group. Just own it and move on. Like I said, you're in good company with people like OiT and FBnBB.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
The real damage hasn't even begun. Tax revenues falling off a cliff due to Michigan Ave and the surrounding streets being boarded up from looting (2x) could very well be the end of Chicago as we know it. That area alone generates 40% of the city's tax revenues and without a bailout (which we shouldn't get), this city is on a fast track to becoming Detroit. An exodus to the suburbs is already underway for homeowners and you have to wonder how many and how soon businesses will follow.
Interesting analysis. I'm more familiar with Minneapolis situation than Chicago. Minneapolis is home to quite a few Fortune 500 companies, several of which are likely leaving that community due to the recent civil unrest, etc.

you said destroyed drama queen .
You have the wrong poster here...I didn't say "destroyed", just agreed with others who have said those communities have and will continue to be economically harmed by recent social unrest.

I think none of us can say for sure exactly what Warren was thinking, which is part of the problem. Personally, do I think this is all politically motivated? Probably not. BUT he is trying to push his liberal political agenda as part of all this, which annoys people, because we just want sports, I don't care what his politics are. I think it's more likely that politics had more of an influence in his decision than even he realizes though. It seems those on the liberal side of the fence are eager to blame Trump for all of this and fully buy into all of the media hype and fear mongering. If you watch CNN and MSNBC all day, you are going to make decisions based on some of the garbage they are spewing. And the same can be said if he were watching Fox News all day.
I think we have enough data, and proof from other sports that we should be playing football. Or at least try. Others are going to try. It's going to set the Big 10 back for a long time if they are successful. So we as fans are understandably upset.
Spot on post.

Someone is getting angry. There's a bunch of posters who think Warren is doing this for political reasons and that he's a liberal. If he's doing it for political reasons for the election, then you must feel he's trying to hurt trump. Just look at the post from FBnBB, there's a conspiracy where people actually think this is about the election. You're part of that group. Just own it and move on. Like I said, you're in good company with people like OiT and FBnBB.

First, he's not a liberal. He's an authoritarian and authoritarians are distinctly illiberal.

Second, no political motivations and hurting Trump are not one in the same. Promoting authoritarianism is a political reason. But Trump's also an authoritarian.

You're a TDS sufferer who has no idea of the meaning of "liberalism". Just own it and move on.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
First, he's not a liberal. He's an authoritarian and authoritarians are distinctly illiberal.

Second, no political motivations and hurting Trump are not one in the same. Promoting authoritarianism is a political reason. But Trump's also an authoritarian.

You're a TDS sufferer who has no idea of the meaning of "liberalism". Just own it and move on.

So you think he's doing it for political reasons. So what's he trying to accomplish? What do you think his end game is?

You might want to take a deep breath.......

So you think he's doing it for political reasons. So what's he trying to accomplish? What do you think his end game is?

No, I've repeatedly stated that while political motivations remains one possibile motivation, there are also others, and there's no smoking gun to definitevely establish his motivation. As a result, I've also repeatedly stated incompetence is the best explanation because it encompasses multiple more specific motivations, all of which entail incompetence.

Evidence of this active campaigning?
There has been a lot of scattered reporting. It’s easy to put the pieces together over a number of reports. This series of Facebook posts by veteran Ohio State reporter Jeff Snook outlines the timeline pretty effectively.

No, I've repeatedly stated that while political motivations remains one possibile motivation, there are also others, and there's no smoking gun to definitevely establish his motivation. As a result, I've also repeatedly stated incompetence is the best explanation because it encompasses multiple more specific motivations, all of which entail incompetence.
I believe he thought he could be seen as the leader of CFB and that once he canceled the rest would follow. That is exactly what happened with the conference only schedules that he sprung on the other conferences.

I believe Kevin Warren was interested in promoting Kevin Warren and a spring football season was the best opportunity for him to do that.

I believe he thought he could be seen as the leader of CFB and that once he canceled the rest would follow. That is exactly what happened with the conference only schedules that he sprung on the other conferences.

I believe Kevin Warren was interested in promoting Kevin Warren and a spring football season was the best opportunity for him to do that.

That's certainly a possibility. No absolute proof, of course, but a possibility nonetheless. And a much better one than the explanation from the sycophants of "we don't have any idea of his motivation, but it couldn't have been politically motivated even though we have no evidence it wasn't politically motivated" crowd.

Then why have you been even responding to me if this is your opinion. My posts have always been directed at people who think this is politically motivated and trying to impact the election. Look at the post from FBnBB, he's posting sh!t about the election. This thread title mentions Warren was politically motivated.

Then why have you been even responding to me if this is your opinion. My posts have always been directed at people who think this is politically motivated and trying to impact the election. Look at the post from FBnBB, he's posting sh!t about the election. This thread title mentions Warren was politically motivated.

Watching you chase your tail is entertaining.

FFS this is dumb

And by promoting himself he found out the others are not impressed. He's a hack.

I love it, you look like a fool, so now you say you were joking around.

I believe you, but do you think everyone else will buy it?

Nothing like another lap around HR in your pointy white cap.

Nobody ever told you losing the gene pool lottery was going to be easy, did they?

I'll proudly own it. I never thought this was a political move until I read Warren's tweets regarding the election. Refusing to meet with the parents is cowardly, not explaining your reasoning or allowing all statements and documents released regarding the decision is slimy. Seems like a lib to me. As I have said before, get your politics out of your job or leave the BIG and go into politics....

First, its idiocy to claim there's a conspiracy...that's a made up Lefty tactic that's aimed at discrediting a common sense assertion. Let me help you...there's no conspiracy. Common sense and the man's tweets and past comments make it VERY clear that Warren is more than willing to take whatever steps he can to prevent a "return to normalcy"...and yes, that's a common refrain on the Left. Its not a plot. Its not a conspiracy. Its simply a commonly held belief that the best way to win the election is to thwart any efforts at a return to "normal" business and activity. Anyone with a peawit of common sense can see this intent rather clearly...its not a secret...its right out in the open.

If the SEC, ACC and BIG 12 conduct the season without any major issues, Warren and the University presidents are going to look like idiots.
I think they already look like idiots for not even trying. High Schools are trying, other conferences are trying, other sports are trying. But not the Big 10, we are too "smart" for that. Dumb asses.

If MS is still paying FB his son is an adult and has made his choice to play. Might not be what Warren wants but respects his sons decision.
Reverse the scenario and say that Warren was the head of the SEC conference and he shut it down. His son is playing in the Big 10 which is not. His son made an adult decision to play. You can't hang that on Warren at all.
He might not be happy either way but that is the way it is.

Wrong. You can't say, "My kid is an adult, he can do as he chooses", then say, "BTW, these other adults? Uh, no, we just say, no. No football."

OK, you can. But it makes you a hypocrite.

ADVERTISEMENT