ADVERTISEMENT

KF an BF destroying Spencer and the rest of this team

Petras has regressed this year. He looks even more nervous and anxious back there. He misses the throws he needs to consistently make. These aren’t deep throws at all and he can’t seem to hit them. Brian is the QB coach now and he looks even worse. This is ridiculous to keep trotting him out there.

I think this season is toast. Need to hit the portal for players on offense, this includes the O-line and major changes on the offensive coaching staff.
I do not see five wins this season, maybe much less.

Yes we do. He’s a good player.
Good is a stretch. Maybe competent.

Poor Spencer knows he is not the guy but trots out there like a trooper. He’s damaged goods and outside of D3 or intermurals, not one varsity level program would waste a scholly on him or even take him as a walk-on. It’s nothing personal as he’s a great teammate, it’s purely business.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Good is a stretch. Maybe competent.

Poor Spencer knows he is not the guy but trots out there like a trooper. He’s damaged goods and outside of D3 or intermurals, not one varsity level program would waste a scholly on him or even take him as a walk-on. It’s nothing personal as he’s a great teammate, it’s purely business.
You know I was talking about Dekkers right? He looked pretty good on that 99 yard drive against a pretty good D, don’t you think?

Reactions: Hawktheworld
What does he have to do with anything? He realizes it’s just a game and completely for entertainment.
No shit.

But if you can’t understand the false equivalency in comparing Bruce not hauling in a tough catch in the pouring rain vs. the shit show that was Spencer Petras the entire game, you’re beyond help.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
You know I was talking about Dekkers right? He looked pretty good on that 99 yard drive against a pretty good D, don’t you think?
Yes, Dekkers had good throws all game. I’m just not going to overreact to a late drive after the Iowa defense had been out on the field most of the game. They’ve been stretched too thin as it is, especially with injuries to Jacobs and others.

Petras has regressed this year. He looks even more nervous and anxious back there. He misses the throws he needs to consistently make. These aren’t deep throws at all and he can’t seem to hit them. Brian is the QB coach now and he looks even worse. This is ridiculous to keep trotting him out there.
If you watch SP post game interview. He was talking about his mechanics. He is over reacting on everything he is doing. He is analyzing ever thing he is doing. This is on KF. The kid is mental now.

I think this season is toast. Need to hit the portal for players on offense, this includes the O-line and major changes on the offensive coaching staff.
I do not see five wins this season, maybe much less.
The likelihood is that the portal is gonna hit us.

Reactions: amahawk
You think Petras is average? He's the worst qb in FBS and 85% of FCS.
Good freaking lord I was talking about Dekkers. He’s average. Petras is about eighty light years away from average. He needs to the one passing out Gatorades and towels, not footballs.

From Kirk...

Kirk Ferentz on decision to stick with Spencer Petras today: “To me, both these games he’s still not getting enough help to do a fair assessment. He hasn’t been perfect obviously, nobody has. We’ve got a lot of moving parts on offense.”
Holy shit did he come up with that himself? I can’t trust him to correctly tell me what day of the week it is, let alone identity issues with the offense.

Kirk is an idiot. Earth to Kirk, Petras sucked long before the first 2 games this season. This has just been icing on the cake as to why he should be sitting on the bench, well to everyone but Kirk. Dinardo and the guys at BTN were just laughing at the offense, and openly questioning why Petras hasn't been yanked.

Definitely had some bad throws. His best throw of the game was dropped by Bruce though. It truly is a team game.
I’m not saying the offense is a polished machine outside of Spencer, but for gods sake, Wtf are you smoking? You have to be completely detached from reality to not see ANYONE is better at QB than Petras. If it wasn’t for the D and ST, I’d quit watching as it’s truly depressing.

ADVERTISEMENT