ADVERTISEMENT

KF basically calls Wadley a liar. "Some of the things were just flat-out not true." Now what?

I don't think you can agree to disagree about fundamental human rights. I think of BLM as addressing police interactions even though I understand there are other issues they address. I watch the protests and see anger and frustration and agree that the protesters are justified to feel that way. I think anyone causing damage should be charged and prosecuted even if I understand their anger. I think the officers that murdered Breonna Taylor should be charged. I believe the manner in which Trump is using federal officers against protesters should concern every American that believes in the Constitution. I believe BLM's decision to address some issues and not others is entirely up to them and all the what about X, Y, Z is just an attempt to undermine and diminish their message. I find the lengths to which some people will go to deny racial disparities to be disgusting and inexcusable.

I'm not sure what you mean by violence against uninvolved third parties so I can't answer that question without more information from you.
Seriously? So you only see what you want when you watch the protests? I'm fine with the peaceful protests, but if you really think thats all the BLM is good with then your either blind or naive. In many cities American cities many of these protests turned at night into violence against police, looting, burning of homes and businesses, and many of those business owners were people of color and other innocent folks who had nothing to do with why they were protesting. I would call them uninvolved third parties. Not only has the BLM with their huge national stage right now, done ABSOLUTELY nothing to state opposition to these terrible acts being brought on innocents, they are all about creating further chaos amongst the masses. The BLM is fine with getting closer to their goals regardless of who gets trampled in the process.
Frankly, I find the lengths that some people are willing to go to defend this type of anarchy both disgusting and inexcusable.....

Reactions: speed4power
Better not get into the fact that Black people are arrested for violent acts FAR more often as a percentage of their population.

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2

Oh, and they tend to use guns more frequently when committing those acts.

I did forget one small fact. Even though the black population only represents 13% of the population, blacks are responsible for 53% of
ALL homicides.

No Knock warrants shouldn't be allowed IMO, I don't give a damn what the courts say, because frankly their interpretation is resulting in unintended tragedy. Maybe we can avoid these murders by LE in the future by following proper procedures to the letter, including making damn sure you're at the correct address (which to me is an inexcusable mistake).
Don’t disagree, I get tired of people using her name in the BLM.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
The first part is true about shear numbers of police killings. The second part is false, fake news. Blacks comprose ~13% of the US population. African Americans are shot and killed by police at more than twice the rate as white Americans. You can deny it, or try to rationalize it. Not isolated incidents. Rather a pattern persisting since the days of blatant slavery.

Interesting. Last year approx 1000 people lost their lives at the hands of police. 300 were black. Who were the other 700? Wheres their parade?

Im done here.

This has turned into all of the White guys with decades and decades of hate all congregating and attacking Blacks and BLM. This is pointless. And whatever I say is not going to change these ideals that have been instilled in you for years compounding the fact you have no desire to be culturally competent.

You guys carry on.

LMAO. Good lord

You know the trolls have lost the argument when they deal on emotions instead of facts and use ad hominem attacks.

Decades of hate???? LOL LOL LOL

I am, and I pray every day that the black community will wake up one day.

I also attend an inner city church by choice as I feel that they strive to improve the situation in the inner city through their works. Rioting, burning buildings, writing graffiti and more does nothing but harden people to the BLM cause, and it also redirects scarce resources to clean up the mess left behind rather than being used more wisely.

Either way, BLM is a Racist and Marxist organization at its core.
Check out Matthew 25:35-45

It is interesting watching the absolutists going back and forth. Both sides have aspects that are spot on but in general somewhere in the middle is where the answer is. The statistics are what they are and they really can't be argued. The underlying cause is what we need to find out and attack. Throwing money at it isn't the answer nor is the 'figure it out' approach. There has been a significant amount invested currently and on going. Whether that is prudent investment is what we need to look at. Creating a situation where being a single parent is financially more rewarded might not be the correct path either. Not sure what the answer is but standing on your absolutist position will create gridlock and no progress.
I’m not sure if you’re referring to any of my posts as absolutist in nature, but the only position I have taken in this thread is that it is heartless to hold the opinion that struggles faced by the black community are their own and that nothing should be invested to help them if we have the means to. As well as calling out a poster for blatantly contradicting themselves in multiple posts

Reactions: hawkbirch
Would asshole be more appropriate? :)
tenor.gif

I’m not sure if you’re referring to any of my posts as absolutist in nature, but the only position I have taken in this thread is that it is heartless to hold the opinion that struggles faced by the black community are their own and that nothing should be invested to help them if we have the means to. As well as calling out a poster for blatantly contradicting themselves in multiple posts
So they have no accountability? What did the first black president do for the black communities? What have billionaire black entertainers done to uplift the communities? They talk a lot, but that's about it.

Many blacks have spoken out about getting out of the hood, poor communities. It can be done, whether you are black, white, hispanic, asian, etc. You have to choose, is it easy - hell no. One of my good friends when I was in the Army lived in the south-side of Chicago and said "I'm doing what I have to to get out of that place, I will be labeled as an "uncle tom" but I don't care, I want better." And low and behold, he did just that, his buddy didn't make it out - was shot and killed walking his gf home one afternoon.

The #1 issue in black communities is absent fathers #2 is a government that kept the mom fat and sassy with welfare checks if she had more kids and no dad present.

We have had the means to help out our POOR communities for decades, our government just keeps them floating with welfare checks and free phones as incentives to stay that way.

Seriously? So you only see what you want when you watch the protests? I'm fine with the peaceful protests, but if you really think thats all the BLM is good with then your either blind or naive. In many cities American cities many of these protests turned at night into violence against police, looting, burning of homes and businesses, and many of those business owners were people of color and other innocent folks who had nothing to do with why they were protesting. I would call them uninvolved third parties. Not only has the BLM with their huge national stage right now, done ABSOLUTELY nothing to state opposition to these terrible acts being brought on innocents, they are all about creating further chaos amongst the masses. The BLM is fine with getting closer to their goals regardless of who gets trampled in the process.
Frankly, I find the lengths that some people are willing to go to defend this type of anarchy both disgusting and inexcusable.....

Did I defend them? Speaking of seeing what you want to see. I said that I understand why they are protesting and that the ones damaging property and injuring people should be arrested. I also think a number of white people are taking advantage of the situation and causing damage that is then blamed on protesters and BLM. That's not to say that there aren't protesters and BLM members that are also causing damage but they are not exclusively responsible for it.

I think you are kidding yourself when you say you are fine with the peaceful protests but it probably makes you feel better to fall back on that feeling.

So they have no accountability? What did the first black president do for the black communities? What have billionaire black entertainers done to uplift the communities? They talk a lot, but that's about it.

Many blacks have spoken out about getting out of the hood, poor communities. It can be done, whether you are black, white, hispanic, asian, etc. You have to choose, is it easy - hell no. One of my good friends when I was in the Army lived in the south-side of Chicago and said "I'm doing what I have to to get out of that place, I will be labeled as an "uncle tom" but I don't care, I want better." And low and behold, he did just that, his buddy didn't make it out - was shot and killed walking his gf home one afternoon.

The #1 issue in black communities is absent fathers #2 is a government that kept the mom fat and sassy with welfare checks if she had more kids and no dad present.

We have had the means to help out our POOR communities for decades, our government just keeps them floating with welfare checks and free phones as incentives to stay that way.
Where did I say that black people have or should have no accountability? Of course people should be held accountable for their actions. I’m disagreeing with the idea that, if we have the means to help individuals who clearly need it, we should turn our shoulder and say “figure it out,” which was a stance made by an earlier poster. The point is that many individuals who live in poverty don’t have the means or options to change their situations. Many become forced into gangs at young ages as a means to provide protection and money for their families (and yes, I know that the family structure plays a major role in this). It’s easy to sit here in my office and say that people who were born into effed up situations should change their ways, when the reality is that in many instances, those individuals either don’t or don’t feel like they have any other choice.

I agree with your last piece 100%. Our country’s priorities have been messed up for a long time. Welfare doesn’t break the cycle of poverty or violence, it just creates a reliance on the government along with no incentive to make a change. What is needed drastically more is improved infrastructure and education in inner cities

Can you guys take your racist talking points somewhere else? Jesus christ this board gets worse by the day.
psst...don't tell them that no matter how many posts the same people make on both sides...nobody is changing anybody's mind on these issues, ever.

Did I defend them? Speaking of seeing what you want to see. I said that I understand why they are protesting and that the ones damaging property and injuring people should be arrested. I also think a number of white people are taking advantage of the situation and causing damage that is then blamed on protesters and BLM. That's not to say that there aren't protesters and BLM members that are also causing damage but they are not exclusively responsible for it.

I think you are kidding yourself when you say you are fine with the peaceful protests but it probably makes you feel better to fall back on that feeling.

Projection or just one of your usual backhanded comments?

At what point did I say they were exclusively responsible for it? Never said that did I? What I said, and will reiterate, why hasn't the BLM come out with their national stage and denounced these events? Do tell. I know the answer and so do you. Because its in their interest to create as much chaos in this mess as possible, and they don't give a damn who gets hurt in the process. BLM indeed. It should be NLM, as in NO lives matter unless it fits are agenda. Many of those whose homes and businesses have been burned or looted are people of color. What about their lives? What about all the good policeman who risk their lives every day they put on that uniform?
For the record, I am fine with peaceful protests as is every Americans right. Whether you believe that or not is not my problem. Just not Okay with people hiding behind what COULD be a positive cause for their own gain. We've spent a lot of time on this board speculating what KF and his staff did or did not do in regards to mistreatment of black players in the program. My point to you is the careless disregard of the BLM movement as a whole which has no concern for the national chaos and colateral damage they've caused is way worse then anything that happened in that football complex. But you continue to champion their cause if it makes you feel better.

Reactions: remerson
What I said, and will reiterate, why hasn't the BLM come out with their national stage and denounced these events? Do tell. I know the answer and so do you. Because its in their interest to create as much chaos in this mess as possible, and they don't give a damn who gets hurt in the process.

I actually agree with this. The BLM leaders had the power to stop the riots and looting almost immediately, if they chose to use their national spotlight to do so. But they didn't want to. They like the chaos and destruction. So not only do they push a mostly false narrative about the police, they fail to speak out against violence that their events are causing and they have the power to stop.

It's also a fact if you combine Kirk Ferentz's annual income with a teacher's their average income is well over two million dollars.

Facts without context are often meaningless, and are usually parroted by the simplest among us.

And then assholes like yourself feel the need to comment with out adding anything of substance on the topic.

At what point did I say they were exclusively responsible for it? Never said that did I? What I said, and will reiterate, why hasn't the BLM come out with their national stage and denounced these events? Do tell. I know the answer and so do you. Because its in their interest to create as much chaos in this mess as possible, and they don't give a damn who gets hurt in the process. BLM indeed. It should be NLM, as in NO lives matter unless it fits are agenda. Many of those whose homes and businesses have been burned or looted are people of color. What about their lives? What about all the good policeman who risk their lives every day they put on that uniform?
For the record, I am fine with peaceful protests as is every Americans right. Whether you believe that or not is not my problem. Just not Okay with people hiding behind what COULD be a positive cause for their own gain. We've spent a lot of time on this board speculating what KF and his staff did or did not do in regards to mistreatment of black players in the program. My point to you is the careless disregard of the BLM movement as a whole which has no concern for the national chaos and colateral damage they've caused is way worse then anything that happened in that football complex. But you continue to champion their cause if it makes you feel better.

Whoa. When did I ever champion BLM's cause? You asked me for my opinion about them and I gave it. Now you want to jump all over me for giving you the information you asked to have. WTF did you even ask for my opinion if this is how you were going to respond. Are you sure you aren't confusing me with another poster? I am happy to continue to fight with you but if we could stick with things I've actually said, that would be great.

All I am saying is if Black Lives Matter, then all black lives should matter. Not just ones that are wrongly accused or shot or murdured by another race.
White privilege and police make them kill each other.

As the fresh Prince might say, white folks just don't understand!!

My point is that having children out of wedlock largely is a black problem. Certainly a much larger problem for that community. Also, when kids are raised in a household with no father, they are much more likely to go to prison. They just have less or no discipline and run as they want.
Is this really true about girls? Boys I could easily believe it.

Interesting. Last year approx 1000 people lost their lives at the hands of police. 300 were black. Who were the other 700? Wheres their parade?
What about these "donations to black business" and blackout business day etc. Where the help for everyone else? That is suppose to create equality? Ass backwards lol.

We don't have the means to help everyone. Let's not act like all the homeless etc are black. We could if we'd tax big corps(and billionaires) the way we should. Instead they give their little BLM donations and the majority of American sheep just continue to ignore them and pretend they aren't a huge issue.

You can't do something to or for someone just because their skin color.

When people talk about this, it is like they ignore the underlying factor to why these crimes are happening. Desperation and lack of education is one. Not holding their own accountable is another, and the list goes on and on.
No desperation, they can get jobs, just not the jobs they want. When you **** around in school you do not learn anything. Also, single parent households do a shitty job of reading to their kids and working with them on homework.

WTH is that?

Some of the biggest scum bags ever were/are "people of faith". ;)
I don’t think BigDelHawk is a scumbag despite his less-than-empathetic stance towards the impoverished

We don't have the means to help everyone. Let's not act like all the homeless etc are black. We could if we'd tax big corps(and billionaires) the way we should. Instead they give their little BLM donations and the majority of American sheep just continue to ignore them and pretend they aren't a huge issue.

You can't do something to or for someone just because their skin color.
I responded to a post that was discussing black culture and black issues specifically. I’m well aware that there are other races living in predominantly black communities, and poor inner city communities made up of other races. Reform needs to be made in a lot of impoverished areas, however I neither have the solution to make it happen nor do I wish to discuss fiscal politics

Why are blacks shot and killed at such a high rate?

It's systemic. Racial profiling. Police bias. Consider how law enforcement reacted to George Floyd (counterfeit bill - murdered) as opposed to Dylan Roof (white nationalist mass murderer - brought Burger King). Racism, blatant and implicit, is prevalent in our society.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT