ADVERTISEMENT

KF will win the BIG again before retirement

If we can fill some holes via the portal, Iowa should contend next year. The schedule sets up nice to win the west, then you get a game against osu or michigan. Once they eliminate divisions and bring in ucla and usc, probably a very little chance kirk wins another one.

Yeah I’m going to quit watching Iowa play then, what’s the point. We are doomed!

If Kirk is indeed going to win one more BiG championship, then Kirk is going to have to slay Kirk and the new Kirk and become the "Scorpion Kirk" on Steroids. The BiG is getting tougher every year, and will only be tougher when USC and UCLA enter in 2024 and unless MAJOR changes take place (and I mean major), I don't see Iowa winning another championship under Kirk Ferentz. The recruiting has been good the past couple years, but Kirk is going to have to be a transfer portal WARRIOR every year and hire a REAL OC who has experience and QB coaching experience. Lets hope the sheer amount of flak Kirk has taken the past couple years about the offensive shit show he's put on the field actually gives Kirk the college football version of a "Come to Jesus" wake up call. ;)

Last edited:
If Kirk is indeed going to win one more BiG championship, then Kirk is going to have to slay Kirk and the new Kirk and become new Kirk 2.0 on Steroids. The BiG is getting tougher every year, and will only be tougher when USC and UCLA enter in 2024 and unless MAJOR changes take place (and I mean major), I don't see Iowa winning another championship under Kirk Ferentz. The recruiting has been good the past couple years, but Kirk is going to have to be a transfer portal WARRIOR every year and hire a REAL OC who has experience and QB coaching experience. Lets hope the sheer amount of flak Kirk has taken the past couple years about the offensive shit show he's put on the field actually gives Kirk the college football version of a "Come to Jesus" wake up call. ;)
While it is certainly possible Iowa could win the Big 10, it will be much more difficult going forward as you have pointed out, especially once divisions are gone and USC/UCLA join.

Never say never, but when you factor in the coming changes and Kirk only has a few years left before he likely retires, the odds would say he won't win another BTT.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
While it is certainly possible Iowa could win the Big 10, it will be much more difficult going forward as you have pointed out, especially once divisions are gone and USC/UCLA join.

Never say never, but when you factor in the coming changes and Kirk only has a few years left before he likely retires, the odds would say he won't win another BTT.
Next year, the schedule is trash. It will depend on what returns on the defensive side of the ball and what Iowa can haul in the portal.

Reactions: 9and4
Last season of divisional football next year,.. better take advantage of it.

Yeah I’m going to quit watching Iowa play then, what’s the point. We are doomed!
Where did I say we were doomed and we should quit watching? Just because we don’t win a title doesn’t mean the sky is falling and everyone is a failure…or as a fan, Im a downer.

Kirk prob has a max of 5-6 years left and after this year, winning a conference championship is going to get much harder. With the shift to super conferences and NIL, schools like Iowa will find it much more challenging to contend with the blue bloods.

Hell, Purdue feels great for winning the west but the only reason that happened was because they avoided osu and michigan in the regular season. Had they played osu, michigan, usc and penn state this year, would they still have played in the title game? No.

Incoming dutch rudder!

I have to tell you, I am extremely pleased to announce that I am super naïve to some of the shit you guys say. I have to look it up.

Honestly, how old are you? I moved past that perverted stage of my life sometime ago!

And I would have to think to a lot of people on this board if they actually know what you’re saying it’s probably a major turn off because I have to look it up to know what the hell it is & at that time I think what a weirdo.

I’m assuming that’s the kind of joking my 18 & 20 year old do. And although I am extremely proud of them, they’re incredible kids and for advanced from most of 18 and 20 year olds in the world I don’t want to run around joking like that.

But hey, you do your thing! 😊

Where did I say we were doomed and we should quit watching? Just because we don’t win a title doesn’t mean the sky is falling and everyone is a failure…or as a fan, Im a downer.

Kirk prob has a max of 5-6 years left and after this year, winning a conference championship is going to get much harder. With the shift to super conferences and NIL, schools like Iowa will find it much more challenging to contend with the blue bloods.

Hell, Purdue feels great for winning the west but the only reason that happened was because they avoided osu and michigan in the regular season. Had they played osu, michigan, usc and penn state this year, would they still have played in the title game? No.

It won’t be tougher for everyone?

KF and Phil already know how to put a championship defense on the field, which of course we all know. As regards the offense, I think we are suffering from a severe case of recency bias. It wasn't THAT long ago that we put 2 TEs into the NFL in the first round, put WRs like ISM and Brandon Smith on the field, a literal parade of OL into the NFL. Clearly at this moment, the idea of competing for a B1G championship seems ludicrous. But is it really?

Winning the West = Winning the Big Ten.

That’s convenient since winning the championship game has been impossible for the west.

Once the divisions go away I doubt Iowa wins the Big Ten in anybody’s lifetime.
So even without divisions who we scared of? Ohio State and Michigan??? Two teams? Even then we just need to get into the Top 12 and we in the CFP.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I actually can get behind this OP. KF has shown when the chips are down (and they were very down this year) and he is getting scrutinized, he has that fire to prove people wrong. I would not be surprised if you see this club have some big years in the next 5.

Next year, the schedule is trash. It will depend on what returns on the defensive side of the ball and what Iowa can haul in the portal.
In regards to winning the West....I agree, and think Iowa has a great shot at it.

But my comment was geared toward the topic of this thread: winning a Big 10 championship. Much tougher road to hoe.

Next year will be 19 years since Kirk's last Big Ten championship, which was tied with Michigan who beat the snot out of us that year. I don't see him doing anything different enough to win another one. Especially when you have to win an extra game just to get there. And in the future he can't just settle for being the tallest midget in the Big Ten West, he'll have to have a top 2 record in the regular season to make the extra game to have a shot at the title.

Do I think he could win the West next year? Yes with some more key incoming transfers and a few philosophy changes on offense. But winning the whole thing is another difficulty level.

I have to tell you, I am extremely pleased to announce that I am super naïve to some of the shit you guys say. I have to look it up.

Honestly, how old are you? I moved past that perverted stage of my life sometime ago!

And I would have to think to a lot of people on this board if they actually know what you’re saying it’s probably a major turn off because I have to look it up to know what the hell it is & at that time I think what a weirdo.

I’m assuming that’s the kind of joking my 18 & 20 year old do. And although I am extremely proud of them, they’re incredible kids and for advanced from most of 18 and 20 year olds in the world I don’t want to run around joking like that.

But hey, you do your thing! 😊
LMAO at anyone acting superior to anyone on this board.

LMAO at anyone acting superior to anyone on this board.

Sigh…. You should check your own posting history. It’s funny there was a guy a month or two ago. Hell it could’ve been you, that gave me a lengthy follow up on how he didn’t call people names or make fun of them or marginalize them or what not and then the very next Post he did it… Thats you friend!

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Sigh…. You should check your own posting history. It’s funny there was a guy a month or two ago. Hell it could’ve been you, that gave me a lengthy follow up on how he didn’t call people names or make fun of them or marginalize them or what not and then the very next Post he did it… Thats you friend!
What name have I called you? Feel free to bump the post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT