ADVERTISEMENT

KF will win the BIG again before retirement

We have as good of a shot as anyone to win the West next year. We came really close to winning it for the second year in a row with a deeply flawed team that will hopefully see big improvements now that we have a QB that can hopefully complete 60% of his passes and the OL can’t possibly be this bad two years in a row.

Further into the future, I understand why everyone thinks it will be harder after getting rid of divisions and adding USC. But on the other hand the playoff expands to 12 and the BigTen will very likely put 3-4 teams in the playoff every year. Also before long I think the BigTen will start sharing the TV money with recruits, which should increase our odds of making the 12-team playoff…

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
What name have I called you? Feel free to bump the post.

My Lord, do you struggle with reading comprehension, I said hell it could’ve been you if I thought it was you for sure I would’ve said it was you. I didn’t want you to come back and say that was me…just covering my bases…. Now to be fair it’s not likely you would have admitted that out loud, so my “cover” was likely foolish!

My Lord, do you struggle with reading comprehension, I said hell it could’ve been you if I thought it was you for sure I would’ve said it was you. I dint want you to come back and say that was me…just covering my bases…. Now to be fair it’s not likely you would have admitted that out loud.
Oh no, it was entirely me, but I absolutely never marginalized you or called you a name. Once again, anyone on this board that thinks they are better than someone else is an absolute joke.

SO MANY THINGS have to happen for the Hawks to win the B1G.

The Hawks had a great defense in 22, but gave up 81 points to OSU and Michigan. Yes, it wouldn't have been that bad if the offense could get a few 1st downs and keep the opposing offense off the field, but 81 points is a huge gap.

And when OSU and Michigan start 4 and 5 star players at every position, it's just really hard to see a B1G championship in Iowa's future.

Just sayin"

Oh no, it was entirely me, but I absolutely never marginalized you or called you a name. Once again, anyone on this board that thinks they are better than someone else is an absolute joke.

One thing about me I don’t care enough to go back and look for it, nor am I threatened by you saying it isn’t true, but if it was you, you remember the scenario. You used poor language in the way you said something and it certainly was a marginalizing.

And quite frankly, it was less marginalizing to me, although that was your attempt, then it was to the entity or group of people you used as your tool!

It wouldn’t be hard to fine if you cared I pretty poignantly pointed out the error!

One thing about me I don’t care enough to go back and look for it, nor am I threatened by you saying it isn’t true, but if it was you, you remember the scenario. You used poor language in the way you said something and it certainly was a marginalizing.

And quite frankly, it was less marginalizing to me, although that was your attempt, then it was to the entity or group of people you used as your tool!

It wouldn’t be hard to fine if you cared I pretty poignantly pointed out the error!
marginalizing by telling the definition of a fanatic? Let me help you, go up top to that SEARCH bar, put squeezebox in the listing below and then search for yourself. The schtick is old.

The Hawks had a great defense in 22, but gave up 81 points to OSU and Michigan. Yes, it wouldn't have been that bad if the offense could get a few 1st downs and keep the opposing offense off the field, but 81 points is a huge gap.

And when OSU and Michigan start 4 and 5 star players at every position, it's just really hard to see a B1G championship in Iowa's future.

Just sayin"
If we had Cade in 2022, that Michigan game would have been right down to the wire.

Just sayin"

I prefer to use NFL alumni as my gauge for how talented a team really is.

Harbaugh has been there long enough now that if his recruiting rankings were truly that much higher than us, he’d have 10 to 15 more players in the NFL than us and he does not.

Same with PSU, UCLA and USC, though, when Petey was there, he recruited the totality of the offense and defense, just as good as the Ohio states & George’s and Alabama’s.

It remains to be seen if Lincoln Riley will…

Michigan fans absolutely hate to hear it but as far as pure team talent they are not in the stratosphere of Ohio State and I don’t see them ever being again.

Many people that don’t have a wide ranging appreciation for college football in it’s totality. Don’t realize that Georgia and Ohio State are two of the absolutely most consistent teams in the last 50 years…Very, very few losing records.

Ohio State for example has 48 players in the NFL. I think Georgia has 40+ & Bama has like 51 or two Michigan for instance has 31 or 32 similar to Iowa.!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
marginalizing by telling the definition of a fanatic? Let me help you, go up top to that SEARCH bar, put squeezebox in the listing below and then search for yourself. The schtick is old.

Still do not care… and defining, someone’s character is an exercise in judgment for what it’s worth!

😜 I do love this game!

I disagree. I don't think we can put everything on SP.

Pistachios a good poster, so I’m not hating on him but honestly, again people do not understand how bad that offensive line was. It was absolutely horrific and it’s an embarrassment for a team that pride themselves on stellar line play!!

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Still do not care… and defining, someone’s character is an exercise in judgment for what it’s worth!

😜 I do love this game!
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Thanks…. listen, I don’t mind Hashing this out with you. I really don’t dislike you, I’m not sure how you feel about me at this point in time but that’s OK too but I’m not gonna get shit for derailing this thread so if you wanna figure out what I said, and what you said, and if I am wrong, I will really admit that to you.

Just PM me!

I actually can get behind this OP. KF has shown when the chips are down (and they were very down this year) and he is getting scrutinized, he has that fire to prove people wrong. I would not be surprised if you see this club have some big years in the next 5.
Sign me up for that, because I’ve expressed a lot of doubts.

CM is a walking bilboard of irony. Spends an hour of every day telling people he has never nor will ever meet how stupid they are for having a different opinion than his.

There are I don’t know 100 200+ readers on this board that know damn good and well that isn’t what happens.

Do you have the opinion the offense sucks, yep, so do I!

Do you have the opinion that Brian Ferentz should be gone, yep so do I!

Do you have the opinion if KF was going to hire his son he also has to have the courage to make the tough decision, yep, so do I!

Do you have an opinion that it was an embarrassment how bad that offensive line was last year, yep, so do I!

It’s the presentation jack ass and I’m gonna be real hard here. I know you actually know that but if you’re gonna postulate some bullshit, then you get what you get…it’s all about the presentation & the constant harping Cuz. Nothing more nothing less!

And same to you squeeze box, you know damn good and well it’s not about a difference of opinion!

If you “don’t” know that then you both have much more serious issues! But I know you’re both intelligent chaps, you just like bitching!

Anything else boys?

It won’t be tougher for everyone?
Of course it will be, but Id feel better about our chances if we had Michigan’s or Ohio State’s roster of talent. It’s not a coincidence that the Big Ten West has never won the championship game.

Please just stop “this game.” No one wants to wade through post after post of this garbage to get to actual football content.

You’re not clever or cute and you’re not owning anyone. Just stop.

First off I don’t talk like that, clever, cute, owning, it’s barbaric…

Second… Simple solution, as soon as people quit derailing every positive thread that gets started in here with some shady bullshit comment about the team or coaching staff I also will stop, deal?!

Yes. Your “presentation” is trash.

Just STFU.

Please quit derailing positive posts about the team with snarky comments. And if you notice my presentation to people that I enjoy hearing what they have to say is a great deal different, than it is to someone like you.

If we can fill some holes via the portal, Iowa should contend next year. The schedule sets up nice to win the west, then you get a game against osu or michigan. Once they eliminate divisions and bring in ucla and usc, probably a very little chance kirk wins another one.
They should keep the divisions. Move someone like Illinois or Purdue to East ,add UCLA and USC to west. The Big gets a chance at their marquee matchup of OSU VS USC. It makes little sense for Teams on the coast to travel to the other coast.

I disagree. I don't think we can put everything on SP.
How many wide open passes did he miss in that game? How many reads did he miss on? I don't think Cade will make nearly that many mistakes and I think he will have the ball out quicker.

I guess that was the one where our Center got called for roughing for blocking downfield

Reactions: cmhawks99
If we can fill some holes via the portal, Iowa should contend next year. The schedule sets up nice to win the west, then you get a game against osu or michigan. Once they eliminate divisions and bring in ucla and usc, probably a very little chance kirk wins another one.
I know that is conventional wisdom, but I'm not sure I buy it. USC is on the rise of course, but UCLA is often meh. Plus there are plenty of cupcakes in the East and OSU and UM can only play so many teams. You know they are going to want USC, PSU, UM and OSU to play each other every year. That only leaves 6 other conference games and 10 cannon fodder teams to fill up the schedule.

Winning the West = Winning the Big Ten.

That’s convenient since winning the championship game has been impossible for the west.

Once the divisions go away I doubt Iowa wins the Big Ten in anybody’s lifetime.
Yeah, because we never did in the days of no divisions. What a bunch of couch pansies some of you are

Next year will be 19 years since Kirk's last Big Ten championship, which was tied with Michigan who beat the snot out of us that year. I don't see him doing anything different enough to win another one. Especially when you have to win an extra game just to get there. And in the future he can't just settle for being the tallest midget in the Big Ten West, he'll have to have a top 2 record in the regular season to make the extra game to have a shot at the title.

Do I think he could win the West next year? Yes with some more key incoming transfers and a few philosophy changes on offense. But winning the whole thing is another difficulty level.

Next year you start by winning the west, to have a one game opportunity,.. In 2024 the whole game board changes..

There it is..."hater!"

Love the Hawks, also realistic. Iowa has been better than Michigan for a lot of the past 20 years, but the last couple it hasn't been that close in Michigan's favor. Not saying we can't close the gap.
Agree!

Can people just stop using the term hater? I realize there are Superfans out there that think everything is just fine and dandy, and always quick to label anyone who isn't 100% positive on the Hawks 24/7 as someone who "hates" the team.......but good grief, can they just stop with that crap? It is ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT