ADVERTISEMENT

KF will win the BIG again before retirement

14-3 well into the 3rd qtr, after giving up 2 busted plays 14pts, isn't totally dominated foo.
WTF are you talking about, I was sarcastic in the initial comment. Take your time to read a thread. Also you keep pointing out 14-3. It was 20-0 going into the 3rd quarter, so I have no clue what you are talking about. You didn't even watch the game. Had Iowa scored in the 4th when they went for it it could have been 14-20.

How many wide open passes did he miss in that game? How many reads did he miss on? I don't think Cade will make nearly that many mistakes and I think he will have the ball out quicker.

I guess that was the one where our Center got called for roughing for blocking downfield
How many times did we lose a down because Petras chuck it out of bounds because he was to slow to buy time and find a WR. Or how many yards did we lose because of zero pocket presence he get sacked. Cade will buy time by moving around the pocket. Something Petras was horrible at. Cade alone will make our offense much better. Opposing teams will have to respect our passing attack. This will help our running game. I'm excited about next season.

The West Division has existed for nine seasons, and in six of those nine seasons, the winning team also avoided playing the top two teams in the East in the regular season. The exceptions were the 2018 Northwestern team that lost to UM but beat everybody in the West, and 2016 Wisconsin, who also beat everyone in the West. For five of the nine years, the team that went undefeated vs. its West opponents won the division.

WEST DIVISION CHAMPIONS vs. Top Two Teams in the East
2022 — Purdue 6-3 overall, 4-2 vs. the West (didn't play Michigan or OSU in regular season)
2021 — Iowa 7-2, 4-2 vs. the West (didn't play Michigan or OSU in regular season)
2020 — Northwestern 6-1, 5-0 vs. the West (didn't play Indiana or OSU in regular season)
2019. — Wisconsin 7-2, 5-1 vs. the West (lost to OSU but didn't play PSU during regular season)
2018 — Northwestern 8-1, 6-0 vs. the West (lost to Michigan but didn't play OSU in regular season)
2017 — Wisconsin 9-0, 6-0 vs. the West (didn't play PSU or OSU in the regular season)
2016 — Wisconsin 7-2, 6-0 vs. the West (lost to OSU but didn't play PSU in regular season)
2015 — Iowa 8-0, 6-0 vs. the West (didn't play MSU or OSU in regular season)
2014 — Wisconsin 7-1, 5-1 vs. the West (didn't play MSU or OSU in regular season)

So, the answer is to beat everybody in the West — though the current level of parity suggests that's not likely — and to avoid playing the two best teams from the East, which are almost always top 10 or better teams nationally.

Who avoids the presumed top two in the East next year, Michigan and Ohio State? Iowa. Who gets home-field advantage against the only West teams with winning records, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois? Iowa.

Imma go with the Hawkeyes next season on that alone.

BTW, Iowa and Nebraska are the only West teams that have had to play the top two East teams in the regular season:
2022 — Iowa 5-4, 4-2 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2021 — Nebraska 1-8, 1-5 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2018 — Nebraska 3-6, 2-4 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2017 — Iowa 4-5, 3-3 vs. the West (lost to PSU but beat OSU)
2017 — Nebraska 3-6, 2-4 vs. the West (lost to PSU and OSU)

The only teams to play all three of the top East teams in the same regular season? The 2021 Cornhuskers played top 10 OSU, UM and MSU that season. The 2017 Hawkeyes played the top three that year, also losing to Michigan State in addition to Michigan and beating OSU.

Last edited:
Agree!

Can people just stop using the term hater? I realize there are Superfans out there that think everything is just fine and dandy, and always quick to label anyone who isn't 100% positive on the Hawks 24/7 as someone who "hates" the team.......but good grief, can they just stop with that crap? It is ridiculous.
You'd have to be one sick individual to spend a good chunk of your time on here arguing about something you hate. I feel like I need to carry my Hawkeye fan resume around with me on this board sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT