ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Kicker Drew Stevens headed to Iowa

Another Carolina kicker?
Yes, but as a point of information, that competition was being held at Fort Mill HS in Fort Mill. SC.

Another HS in Fort Mill has a soph QB who is rated #1 nationally in his class and already has offers from OSU and Alabama.

Yes, my post is in jest, but there is a hint of truth...

Iowa is quickly becoming Kicker U with Duncan and Shudak... obviously this kid wanted to be a part of that.
I am also convinced his seeing Iowa start a series of first and goal at the two yard line and decide that a fg was they way to go before the with an opportunity to seal the win, but instead chose to not even try to score a TD, but decided before first down even occurred, that a fg was the way to go.
It's like being a top I-Formation high school running back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s and going to Nebraska. Of course a kicker will choose Iowa.

Tight Ends my ass, Iowa is going to be putting kickers in the NFL, and will surely have two taken in the first round in the near future.

Reactions: Torg

Iowa is quickly becoming Kicker U with Duncan and Shudak... obviously this kid wanted to be a part of that.
I am also convinced his seeing Iowa start a series of first and goal at the two yard line and decide that a fg was they way to go before the with an opportunity to seal the win, but instead chose to not even try to score a TD, but decided before first down even occurred, that a fg was the way to go.
It's like being a top I-Formation high school running back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s and going to Nebraska. Of course a kicker will choose Iowa.

Tight Ends my ass, Iowa is going to be putting kickers in the NFL, and will surely have two taken in the first round in the near future.
Like any player ... a kicker wants to be valued ... feel like he's a significant contributor to the team.

At Iowa ... special teams is NOT an afterthought ... it's an (equal) partner that plays a critical role in our "complementary football" philosophy.

It makes sense that kickers would be happy coming to Iowa ... because they know that they'll be valued. Look at a place like Nebraska ... special teams are treated a bit like an afterthought ... and that foolish perspective has explicitly led to several of their losses too!

Reactions: Torg

All of this.

Why would you NOT come to Iowa City when you know you’ll be given a million opportunities to get into the action.

PLUS.. your percentage should be sky-high due to the many chances of kicking with the ball spotted on the 1/2 yard line.

Reactions: pink shizzle
All of this.

Why would you NOT come to Iowa City when you know you’ll be given a million opportunities to get into the action.

PLUS.. your percentage should be sky-high due to the many chances of kicking with the ball spotted on the 1/2 yard line.

If you're a punter, I got one word. Rastetter.
I hope for Drews sake we don't have a kicker on the roster who has a big donor relative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT