ADVERTISEMENT

Kicker of the Year...OL of the Year...

Kudos to Keith on a stellar season and hope he stays healthy and does as well next year. Unfortunately, Shudak will be grad transferring somewhere and hopefully not to Lincoln.

awesome. prior to the nebby game dolph and eddie said he had groza award wrapped up. I would think he secured it in that game then

How much does the public voting affect who gets the Groza though? Because right Keith is down almost 4,500 votes and voting ends tomorrow night.

Edit: I see that whoever wins the fan vote gets 1 vote towards the Groza award. Might not matter much if Duncan has a ton of other support.

Shudak is a 4th year Junior. You obviously follow Hawkeye football very closely!
Shudak is a 4th year Junior. You obviously follow Hawkeye football very closely!

thanks for clearing that up.....also thanks for the condescending quip, I was starting to feel a little too good about my knowledge of all things Hawkeye, I appreciate you putting me back in my place.

I had him mixed up with the Lewis Central kid who went to kick at ISU.

thanks for clearing that up.....also thanks for the condescending quip, I was starting to feel a little too good about my knowledge of all things Hawkeye, I appreciate you putting me back in my place.

I had him mixed up with the Lewis Central kid who went to kick at ISU.
Obviously you need to revisit your know-it-all condescending quip. Drake Nettles is the grandson of a golf buddy of mine who walked on with ISU this year.

Obviously you need to revisit your know-it-all condescending quip. Drake Nettles is the grandson of a golf buddy of mine who walked on with ISU this year.

I took your advice and re-read my post. I didn't think it was a knock on you at all. But if that was how it was received, then you have my apologies. Hopefully you were responding in kind because you thought I was digging at you, and not just being a jerk.

I took your advice and re-read my post. I didn't think it was a knock on you at all. But if that was how it was received, then you have my apologies. Hopefully you were responding in kind because you thought I was digging at you, and not just being a jerk.
Dead issue---my apologies also. Go Hawks!

Not sure he has the distance to make the NFL. He doesn't kickoff and NFL teams aren't going to carry two kickers.

That kid from Georgia has been around forever but his miss vs South Carolina prevented an undefeated regular season. You'd have to think Keith is a lock but you'd have thought Nate was his Sr year as well.

Reactions: 24 so far

Damnit, how do I post a picture of their hug on here?

Here's one way.........save the image/picture to your hard drive then open https://postimages.org/ and choose the image after it uploads scroll down to Hotlink for forums and highlight and copy (control c) then come back here and open new post click on the little chain link and paste it (control v) in the window that opens.... and that's it.

Great honors. Saw Jackson got third team OT.

Very surprised Shea Patterson was 3rd team on offense. I think that was just name alone. He has never impressed me.

Reactions: nu2u
Great honors. Saw Jackson got third team OT.

Very surprised Shea Patterson was 3rd team on offense. I think that was just name alone. He has never impressed me.

While Shea's whole body of work is pretty meh, he's certainly picked up the second half of the season and has been throwing dimes. I'm not surprised he's third.

No doubt. If he has a chance at an NFL spot, he has to take it. Kicker spots don't open up too often.

Well done Keith! I do hope you stick around for your senior season.
NFL positions of any kind don't open up too often.

Kickers rarely get drafted as well, and since he doesn't kick off that's a red flag as well.

Losing Duncan to the NFL is the least of my concerns. Great kid, great kicker, but he's not leaving early IMO.

There have been I think 3 1st rounders for kickers in the History of the NFL, and 1 punter. A few 2nd rounders for both too. But those spots are typically reserved for guys who can hit from 60+, or boom punts consistently.

I just don't see him being drafted at all unless he's deemed capable of kicking off too.

Here's one way.........save the image/picture to your hard drive then open https://postimages.org/ and choose the image after it uploads scroll down to Hotlink for forums and highlight and copy (control c) then come back here and open new post click on the little chain link and paste it (control v) in the window that opens.... and that's it.

Gracias.

Reactions: yrunvs
Not sure he has the distance to make the NFL. He doesn't kickoff and NFL teams aren't going to carry two kickers.

That kid from Georgia has been around forever but his miss vs South Carolina prevented an undefeated regular season. You'd have to think Keith is a lock but you'd have thought Nate was his Sr year as well.

Agreed. He's been fantastic, but just not sure the power is there just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT