ADVERTISEMENT

Kickoff times announced for 5 games

Digger1

HR Heisman
Sep 30, 2001

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Start times for five University of Iowa 2022 home football games were announced Thursday by the Big Ten Conference in conjunction with BTN, ESPN, ABC, and FOX television networks.

The Hawkeyes open the season with three straight nonconference home games, each featuring a different start time. The season-opener Sept. 3 against South Dakota State is slated for an 11 a.m. CT kickoff on FS1.

The annual Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series game against Iowa State will follow on Sept. 10, with a 3 p.m. CT start time on BTN. Iowa’s final nonconference contest is an evening contest against Nevada, with that game starting at 6:30 p.m. CT, also on BTN.

FryFest is also part of opening weekend. Slated for Friday, Sept. 2, FryFest is held at the Iowa River Landing and celebrates everything Hawkeye. The Iowa Letterwinners Club will celebrate the 2022 Hall of Fame class throughout the weekend.

Additional start times are also announced for Iowa’s Homecoming game, Oct. 29, versus Northwestern, and for the “Senior Day” contest against Nebraska on Friday, Nov. 25. The game against the Wildcats will kick at either 2 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. CT. The “Black Friday” contest against the Cornhuskers will be televised on BTN with a start time of 3 p.m. CT.

Kickoff times for all other games will be selected during the in-season 12-/6-day selection process, per the media rights agreements between the Big Ten Conference and its television partners.

Questions concerning the purchase of 2022 football tickets, including general public, UI faculty/staff and UI student season tickets by current UI students, should be directed to the UI Athletics Ticket Office. The office telephone number is 1-800-IA-HAWKS and ticket information is available at hawkeyesports.com/footballtickets.

All tickets to 2022 home games will be mobile. Fans may access tickets via the Hawkeye Sports App, a link via email, or account login at hawkeyesports.com/myaccount. These tickets are optimized for display on your smartphone device and should not be printed. Fans can review additional information on mobile tickets by visiting hawkeyesports.com/mobiletickets.

The Hawkeye Sports app helps manage, purchase, download, transfer and scan tickets and parking. The app is located at https://hawkeyesports.com/mobileapp/.

Iowa’s 2022 football schedule:

Sept. 3South Dakota State11 a.m.FS1
50 Years of UI Women’s Athletics, presented by the Eastern Iowa Airport
Sept. 10Iowa State3 p.m.BTN
Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series Game
Sept. 17Nevada6:30 p.m.BTN
Family Weekend, Gold Out Game
Sept. 24at RutgersTBATBA
Oct. 1MichiganTBATBA
ANF Black & Gold Spirit Game, presented by Iowa Farm Bureau
Oct. 8at IllinoisTBATBA
Oct. 15Open
Oct. 22at Ohio StateTBATBA
Oct. 29Northwestern2/2:30 p.m.TBA
Homecoming, presented by Wellmark Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Nov. 5at PurdueTBATBA
Nov. 12WisconsinTBATBA
Military Appreciation Game / Black Out, presented by Green State Credit Union
Nov. 19at MinnesotaTBATBA
Nov. 25Nebraska3 p.m.BTN
Senior Day and Scheels Heroes Game

Reactions: ichawk24
For the 1st game, Iowa should get an oven sponsorship because that’s what it feels like sitting in usually.

I would expect clown fans to be a little more humble this year after the Hawks humiliated their greatest team ever on their home field in front of a national audience with Game Day present.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
Great time for ISU. Night game makes Nevada a little more fun.

The November 25th 3pm Nebraska game is practically a night game. 4:39pm sunset in IC.
Yep, all the clones can get the hell out of town by 7:30-8:00 so we can enjoy the party downtown.

I vote we be good sports and wear white so that the Clowns can wear all black on the east sideline in the 3-6:00 time period.

Reactions: Digger1
I hate 11:00 starts now that I have season tickets so I'm happy to see only the first game of the season is a 11 am kickoff. I think it's unlikely that the games against Michigan and Wisconsin will be 11 am kickoffs. I think they are waiting to see if the national outlets wants those games and will be later starts. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

I hate 11:00 starts now that I have season tickets so I'm happy to see only the first game of the season is a 11 am kickoff. I think it's unlikely that the games against Michigan and Wisconsin will be 11 am kickoffs. I think they are waiting to see if the national outlets wants those games and will be later starts. At least that's what I'm hoping for.
Yeah, if you are going to the game 11 am is not cool. If you are watching from home it's pretty convenient.

Reactions: ssckelley

10 years ago, those two games had almost no chance of 11am. With Fox's Big Noon Kickoff, those could be at 11am.

I'm glad Iowa isn't playing at the same time as the US Cup game, but for those of us going to Kinnick, we won't have a chance to watch.

I’m actually glad home opener is 11am. Selfishly for someone unable to make it able to watch good slate of games the rest of the day. Also if hypothetically Iowa b-ball played some garbage non conf game I’d watch that over the World Cup let alone any other football game on at that time that day.

be interesting what network gets Iowa Michigan as both could easily be 4-0 heading into that one ranked top 20. Could see it be fox big noon kickoff or night game for abc/espn.

11:00 A.M. to kick off the season is something I like. I'm usually so excited getting up early is easy.

3 P.M. for ISU is a good time. Plenty of time for tailgating. Dumb asses have 3 to 4 hours less time to get liquored up to be dumb asses.

6:30 P.M. for Nevada just moderately excited about. Night games vs. a team you should beat isn't like a night game vs. Michigan.

2 or 2:30 for homecoming feels different. I like it.

Nebraska at 3. No feelings

11am start time against S.D. St = opportunity to see how good tOSU will be this year, since we’ll be meeting them two times ;)

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Someone talking soccer on a football forum? Suit up those soccer boys and let’s see ‘em hit.
Why are you guys so grumpy and overcompensating at the mere mention of soccer? Lol, sorry geezers, but any perceived animosity between liking one or the other isn’t prevalent anymore. It’s literally as simple as watching more than one sport, no different than also watching basketball or baseball. Stop trying to make some lame, manufactured “sports rivalry” exist between the two. “That there soccer is for European sissies” stopped being a prevalent attitude a long time ago, and it just makes you look dumb.

Why are you guys so grumpy and overcompensating at the mere mention of soccer? Lol, sorry geezers, but any perceived animosity between liking one or the other isn’t prevalent anymore. It’s literally as simple as watching more than one sport, no different than also watching basketball or baseball. Stop trying to make some lame, manufactured “sports rivalry” exist between the two. “That there soccer is for European sissies” stopped being a prevalent attitude a long time ago, and it just makes you look dumb.
Don’t take your soccer ball and run home with it.

Reactions: Digger1
ADVERTISEMENT