ADVERTISEMENT

Kids 18 & Under get into Wed Nov 21's game for $1.00; Adults $15; UI Students 19 & over $5

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid

Just let them in free... any students who stayed should get in free as well...

Another marketing blunder....

Put people in the seats ....

Why charge anything... just let them all in for free . There will not be 15,000 people to fill the arena even if you gave away free tickets to everyone .

That's Iowa for you always trying to make a buck... in this case literally .

A bunch of money grubbing idiots ...

And now $1500.00 per seat for those VIP seats . I checked them out . They try to cram 4 seats around a semi-oval table that in reality holds enough room for two people . You can't get alcohol so you have to walk down and go to the room downstairs which is available for two hours before the game. The food options are only a slight upgrade from the slop they serve at the concession stands . And worst of all those seats are literally in the worst location in the arena, bring your binoculars you will need them .

Who thinks up this crap?

Reactions: QChawks
Why charge anything... just let them all in for free . There will not be 15,000 people to fill the arena even if you gave away free tickets to everyone .

And now $1500.00 per seat for those VIP seats . I checked them out . They try to cram 4 seats around a semi-oval table that in reality holds enough room for two people . You can't get alcohol so you have to walk down and go to the room downstairs which is available for two hours before the game. The food options are only a slight upgrade from the slop they serve at the concession stands . And worst of all those seats are literally in the worst location in the arena, bring your binoculars you will need them .

Who thinks up this crap?

Yes, let everyone in for free. That is basic economics, folks. Well said.

[QUOTE="Fieldhouseman, post: 5922317, member: 95406"Why not ... no school the next day anyway right![/QUOTE]

Good point. I was thinking of real little ones that can't stay up that late and get super cranky. I have zero concerns about taking my boys team other than they will embarass our school ;)

Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid

Just let them in free... any students who stayed should get in free as well...

Another marketing blunder....

Put people in the seats ....

I actually think students should get in free to every game.

Oh, and I'm taking my sons to the game Wed, though since neither are UI students nor under 18, it cost me more $$.

I actually think students should get in free to every game.

Oh, and I'm taking my sons to the game Wed, though since neither are UI students nor under 18, it cost me more $$.

I like this idea too. Have a lottery if too many end up going. With priority to those with seniority who go regularly.

Give a select group(first come, first serve and/or seniority?) access to the floor with some around both baskets and the opponents bench.

Carver would be rockin with the most rabid student fans close to the floor every game.

It may not be perfect, but at least it's something. Trying to fill the arena for these games is a good thing. An empty seat generates 0 revenue, or so I am told.

Reactions: Franisdaman

Who thinks up this crap?

Agreed.

Those VIP seats are embarrassingly bad.

Being at the game last night I actually think the University did a pretty smart thing by selling the $1 kids tickets and should offer this deal more often when playing these 300+ type RPI teams. There were quite a few kids in the arena and the amount that was made from concessions due to the kids had to be a plus positive versus having those seats empty which they would have been if the tickets weren't a $1.

Being at the game last night I actually think the University did a pretty smart thing by selling the $1 kids tickets and should offer this deal more often when playing these 300+ type RPI teams. There were quite a few kids in the arena and the amount that was made from concessions due to the kids had to be a plus positive versus having those seats empty which they would have been if the tickets weren't a $1.
I bet there were a lot of "Dad, i want an ice cream cone!!! "

Agreed.

Those VIP seats are embarrassingly bad.
Nothing stupid about it. Those seats have very rarely been filled for the last 10-20 years. It would not take many sales of these seats for the department to make more $$$ this way. No one is making you sit there.

ADVERTISEMENT