ADVERTISEMENT

Kid's birthday party ideas

BABiscuit

HR Legend
Jul 4, 2001
So we are finally letting one of our kids have a birthday party with his friends. Assuming some kids come, what games do kids like to do these days? What should I be giving these kids as party favors? Party is for first grade boys and will be at our house. I'm thinking beer pong and flippy cup if the weather is nice. What else have you had success with?

Reactions: KennyPowers_96
So we are finally letting one of our kids have a birthday party with his friends. Assuming some kids come, what games do kids like to do these days? What should I be giving these kids as party favors? Party is for first grade boys and will be at our house. I'm thinking beer pong and flippy cup if the weather is nice. What else have you had success with?
Rent a bouncy house and some strippers.

Reactions: TJ8869
Rent a rock climbing er,....wall?

wall-climbing-rock-inappropriate-children.jpg

Have a bunch of Hells Angels come over and beat the living shit out of you and your wife on your front lawn. And while it's happening yell, "Oh no...not the birthday gang again! You guys do this at every party!" Those little bastards will shit themselves every time someone in class hands them a balloon card in class until the 6th grade. And you'll get out of ever having to host another one.

Not to mention, those kids in attendance would tell that story for the rest of their lives. In 20 years you'll be getting random phone call at all hours of the night from young adults asking you, "What the hell was that all about?"

Best.Party.Ever

Have a bunch of Hells Angels come over and beat the living shit out of you and your wife on your front lawn. And while it's happening yell, "Oh no...not the birthday gang again! You guys do this at every party!" Those little bastards will shit themselves every time someone in class hands them a balloon card in class until the 6th grade. And you'll get out of ever having to host another one.

Not to mention, those kids in attendance would tell that story for the rest of their lives. In 20 years you'll be getting random phone call at all hours of the night from young adults asking you, "What the hell was that all about?"

Best.Party.Ever

You're a messed up dude. I like it.

Dude, the kids won't look up from their smart phones anyway, so just serve some cake and call it a day.

They'll make their own fun. Put anything nice or breakable away. Hopefully the weather is nice so they can spend most of the time outside. If you get stuck inside, give them a pile of paper to make paper planes.

Go with cupcakes instead of cake. Parties are great for kids, but mostly they make mom feel good that a) they did something for the kids, and that b) their son/daughter has friends. So let her go to Party City or some other party store with your son and pick out some bags and trinkets to put in them, some expensive themed paper plates and napkins, and maybe a tablecloth. Think about putting "NO GIFTS" on the invitation as well, or maybe have them bring a used book, and then each kid can take a used book home they didn't have before. We've done a couple parties like that, and everyone seems happy. Unless of course, you son actually doesn't have toys to play with and won't be getting anything else for his birthday except what his friends parents buy...

My son has a February birthday, and one activity we did was to get out very Lego we had, and have the kids build their own Lego cars, and then race them. For the track I took a 10' section of 8" wide deck board and made a few rails so there were 2 lanes. It was pretty fun to see what the kids could come up with.

That really doesn't apply here since you'll be able to go outside, I just felt like sharing a csb.

Think about putting "NO GIFTS" on the invitation as well, or maybe have them bring a used book, and then each kid can take a used book home they didn't have before. We've done a couple parties like that, and everyone seems happy. Unless of course, you son actually doesn't have toys to play with and won't be getting anything else for his birthday except what his friends parents buy...

I really like the book idea. I wish we would have put that on the invitations. I also wanted to request no gifts, but my wife overruled me.

We played pin the cock on the tranny at my sons birthday. It's not what it sounds like though.

its like pin the tail on the donkey, but instead of donkey you use a transgender, and instead of a tail you use a cock

Why cupcakes instead of a cake?
So none of the little bastards complain that someone got a bigger piece of cake than they did. They are all the same size and have the same amount of frosting.
I say throw the vermin in the basement with a bag of Doritos and a 2-liter Mt. Dew. Let the parents hang out upstairs drinking cocktails.

Reactions: jsd8640
The kids can just grab them and go. No plates or forks. B Day parties for kids can be chaotic. Cupcakes are easy.

That's a good point. Cupcakes are messier to eat, so I'd probably go with a cake.

So none of the little bastards complain that someone got a bigger piece of cake than they did. They are all the same size and have the same amount of frosting.
I say throw the vermin in the basement with a bag of Doritos and a 2-liter Mt. Dew. Let the parents hang out upstairs drinking cocktails.

This is the way to go. We don't have basements in Florida so we always just locked them out by the pool.

ADVERTISEMENT