ADVERTISEMENT

Kiffin will make $9mil/yr

And now it looks like Freeze is the guy for Auburn so it can’t be that they’re afraid he’ll leave. I don’t get it.
I think Sexton played Kiffin to Auburn to get the extension from Mississippi and now will make Auburn freak out they’ll lose Freeze so they’ll overpay. He’s pretty good at this stuff but ethically I’m not sure how he manages it .

I think Sexton played Kiffin to Auburn to get the extension from Mississippi and now will make Auburn freak out they’ll lose Freeze so they’ll overpay. He’s pretty good at this stuff but ethically I’m not sure how he manages it .
Live clip of Jimmy Sexton right now:
crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

Now the largest city in Mississippi doesn’t have A safe water system for their state Capitol but these folks can find $9M annually for their 8-4 football coach...sounds similar to the situation here in Iowa in more ways than one! ;)
I don't know how it works in Iowa but in Florida, the majority of the coaches salaries are covered by boosters and not by the university/state.

I don't know how it works in Iowa but in Florida, the majority of the coaches salaries are covered by boosters and not by the university/state.
In iowa, our athletic department is self-sustaining through donors and revenue, but people still bitch about it and football expenses, not realizing that if football went away all programs other than men’s basketball would be suckling at the state’s teat.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
It’s more about misplaced priorities than where the $$$ comes from. No one’s perfect. Did you watch the “60 Minutes” segment a couple of months ago about the Players who were not allowed to shower after practice because of the toxicity of the water?

Reactions: billanole
It’s more about misplaced priorities than where the $$$ comes from. No one’s perfect. Did you watch the “60 Minutes” segment a couple of months ago about the Players who were not allowed to shower after practice because of the toxicity of the water?
You expect the boosters to pay for upgrades to a municipal water system?

Nope. It is just an example os misguided priorities...you could tax folks to poy for basis utilities,,but then that ain’t their way, obviously. But 8-4 football is important.
They are entertainment dollars. One could also ridicule how much people spend on golf clubs, greens fees, cart fees, golf balls, and driving range fees rather than having that money go toward basic utilities.

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
They are entertainment dollars. One could also ridicule how much people spend on golf clubs, greens fees, cart fees, golf balls, and driving range fees rather than having that money go toward basic utilities.
Yeah, don’t want no clean water fer my younguns. 8-4 sounds better all the time.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Yeah, don’t want no clean water fer my younguns. 8-4 sounds better all the time.
Don’t mistake me. We owe it to everyone to have clean drinking water and those are tax dollars well spent. But that has nothing to do with whether people choose to donate money for sports - i.e., entertainment.

Ah....but my Capitol city has the ability (and priority) yo provide its residents safe drinkable water via its water system. THAT might be one difference. And this in spite of the fact my local water utility is forced to spend millions of $$$ to clean the pig/cattle shit and fertilizer out of the ground water that is being added to the water 50-100 miles upstream.
It can be done folks...it just takes priorities.

I’m shocked that in Mississippi there are water quality issues. I guess the PVC pipes that spill out human waste on the ground that run out of every single wide and double wide in the state might be a problem after all. Bread and circuses for everyone along with typhoid, hepatitis, cholera and worms.

I can't believe you mentioned Jimmy Sexton and ethics in the same conversation. That dude owns the college coaching world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT