ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Reynolds shows Iowa's children her love

Is this statement true?

Since the start of the pandemic in 2020, Gov. Kim Reynolds has approved more than $500 million in state and federal funding to increase access to child care across the state

And then I found this

Business incentive grants aren't going to the people who need the support, spud. They are handouts to people who want to start a daycare that the poorest Iowans cannot afford.

Is this statement true?

Since the start of the pandemic in 2020, Gov. Kim Reynolds has approved more than $500 million in state and federal funding to increase access to child care across the state

And then I found this

This makes sense as an argument only if you are dumb enough to think $26M solves the child care issue in Iowa. It doesn't.

What is your rationale to explain why turning down $30M for child care makes sense? I can hardly wait.

This makes sense as an argument only if you are dumb enough to think $26M solves the child care issue in Iowa. It doesn't.

What is your rationale to explain why turning down $30M for child care makes sense? I can hardly wait.
And the 500 million?

LOL - OK. So apparently you agree that the additional $30M from the Fed is unneeded. That it was prudent to turn it down.

And you realize, I hope, that the vast majority of that $500M in funding was due to Covid relief, right? It certainly wasn't because Kim pushed for that kind of funding.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
LOL - OK. So apparently you agree that the additional $30M from the Fed is unneeded. That it was prudent to turn it down.

And you realize, I hope, that the vast majority of that $500M in funding was due to Covid relief, right? It certainly wasn't because Kim pushed for that kind of funding.
I thought the goalposts moving thread was yesterday in the 20 years ago today thread.

if you want to move the goalposts fine, but the theme of this thread is that Kim turned down 30 million dollars and hates kids, and because of that she is now a c&*t. I provide links that over 530 million dollars was directed towards child care under Kim Reynolds, but somehow that is not enough we needed 30million more. Maybe for once you try looking at the overall picture instead of the black and white D vs R glasses you have on all the time

Reactions: Hawkman34
If a liberal posts something about Kim Reynolds it more than likely is not true. She is to them what Pelosi is to the right.

The Right spread conspiracy theories about the Pelosi's that led to one of their followers trying to kill Nancy and put her 80 year old husband in the hospital

Hrot makes mean posts about Kim and the awful job she's done as Governor.

Take off your red color glasses.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I thought she was pro life. Guess not. Fooled Iowa voters again.

If she could use it for child care for those attending private schools she would be all in.

if you want to move the goalposts fine, but the theme of this thread is that Kim turned down 30 million dollars and hates kids, and because of that she is now a c&*t. I provide links that over 530 million dollars was directed towards child care under Kim Reynolds, but somehow that is not enough we needed 30million more. Maybe for once you try looking at the overall picture instead of the black and white D vs R glasses you have on all the time
That's not the theme at all. The theme is the chief executive of Iowa left 27MM on the table for no discernable reason. Whether you agree with the federal bill that spent the money or not, it behooves our Governor to make sure "Iowa's share" as been acquired. Securing funding is one of her most important jobs and she dropped the 27MM ball on this one.

Reactions: RileyHawk
That would be ...............unsurprising....

The application process calls for states to submit a letter on the governor’s letterhead designating the state agency that will have responsibility for administering the grant.

Reynolds’ office, however, didn’t provide the letter and declined to pursue the grant, despite recent assurances from federal officials that qualified applications were likely to be approved.

Celsi, who sits on the ECI board, said that last week she approached fellow board member Kelly Garcia, who heads the state agency that handled the application. Celsi said she asked Garcia why Iowa was giving up $30 million in badly needed federal money for Iowa families.

“Kelly claimed she did not receive the actual, filled-out application in time to review it,” Celsi said. “So, basically, a lack of time to review it was her explanation.”

Link

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
Do you agree that she should have turned the $30M down? If so, why?

Your claims of her providing that funding is a huge stretch, BTW.

To get all this straight:

Reynolds takes Federal money to help kids.

Pretends it came from her.

Gets busted

And then decides she would rather to stop helping kids instead of giving credit to the federal government for helping Iowans.

What an adult we have in Des Moines.

Do you agree that she should have turned the $30M down? If so, why?

Your claims of her providing that funding is a huge stretch, BTW.
Maybe if more governors turned down money that wasn't REALLY needed we could get our spending under control; so was it REALLY needed?????? you just got 530 million, is that not enough? If it wasn't needed then it went to a state that needed it.

Maybe if more governors turned down money that wasn't REALLY needed we could get our spending under control; so was it REALLY needed?????? you just got 530 million, is that not enough? If it wasn't needed then it went to a state that needed it.
You don’t “need” clean water either, I guess. This money was distributed to assist states in transitioning through the inconveniences of Covid abd to assist states in accommodating new requirements the the pandemic left behind. And RN, het sending the money back to the Feds “saves” the taxpayers nothing...the money has been budgeted and dispersed. The $$ Kim “returned” were distributed elsewhere to states thT would use the funding. Her act makes absolutely NO sense at at, other than it was a thinly veiled attempt to make (a rather poor) political statement.
I remember once at a divorce hearing I was involved with, her attorney gave me a check, and I had no idea why. I asked my Ttorney what to do with it and he said, “Cash it!” I did so....and 35 years or so later, I still have no idea what the check was for.

I thought she was pro life. Guess not. Fooled Iowa voters again.

If she could use it for child care for those attending private schools she would be all in.
Give Dim Kim time.

With the newly elected Iowa AG, they're probably planning now how to divert funding to her wealthy political donors.

Scheming corruption will reach new heights now that there is only one State elected Democrat left in Iowa govt.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Iowa keeps falling in educational standards. Whatever Reynolds is doing is likely not working.

The money is spent by the time it gets to that point. FFS, even Ron Paul understood this.

So you are saying that Iowa has ample child care for working families and has no need for anything else?

Likewise you are tacitly saying Iowa has no needs in any other area as Kim could have allocated the $20M elsewhere.

Dems: Red states are money suckers that take in more than they give!!!!! Rabble rabble!!!!

Also dems: God damn Kim Reynolds isn't taking in more money!!!! Rabble rabble!!!!

• Haha
So you are saying that Iowa has ample child care for working families and has no need for anything else?

Likewise you are tacitly saying Iowa has no needs in any other area as Kim could have allocated the $20M elsewhere.
So now the money could have been allocated to other places. I can’t keep up with you

Name a state that doesn’t have some problems. Name a state that pays enough money to 100% solve the problem. Hint they don’t because money doesn’t grow on trees. The sooner you and the rest of the country understands this, then we will all be in better financial situations

So now the money could have been allocated to other places. I can’t keep up with you
It could have been, I guess…but it was equally distributed (per state or per capital, I dont know) lump sum for states “discretionary” use with guidelines…..but it had to be spent….unlike Kim latching on the $2B in Fed funds and claiming her budgetary expertise was the reason for the state’s “surplus”…..

Why not fund reduced cost preschool for lower income children?
Kim does no t want to help lower income citizens is the answer.

Are you dense? Of course the money Kim actually allocated could have been used somewhere else if she had accepted the Federal money. Or, she could have used both to really attack the issue. Instead she gave away $$. So unless you think there are no other issues in Iowa that need funding, she ****ed up.

Name a state that doesn’t have some problems. Name a state that pays enough money to 100% solve the problem. Hint they don’t because money doesn’t grow on trees. The sooner you and the rest of the country understands this, then we will all be in better financial situations
Which is EXACTLY why it was foolish for Kim to refuse this funding.

You'll never be able to keep up with these hogs at the trough RN,.. Their approach is to consume everything in sight today and not worry about tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT