ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Reynolds shows Iowa's children her love

IaHawk44

HR MVP
Feb 20, 2006
While the rest of America's Republicans move on, Iowa's Republicans decided to move backwards.
https://www.axios.com/local/des-moines
https://www.axios.com/local/des-moines
Axios
Des Moines

Nov 15, 2022 - News

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds says no to federal child care aid​

Photo illustration of Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds with lines radiating from her.

Photo illustration: Allie Carl/Axios. Photo: Bloomberg via Getty Images

Gov. Kim Reynolds’ office and leaders in the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services declined to sign off on a federal grant application that could have brought Iowa $30 million in funding for child care services.
  • The governor's office did not want to commit $3 million in matching state funds towards child care, the Dispatch reports.
Why it matters: One of the state's biggest concerns is access to child care, which was exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and disproportionately hurts women in the workplace.
  • A 2021 state report showed one in four Iowans live in a child care desert. That figure jumped to one in three for rural areas.
State of play: In September, the federal government made $266 million in preschool development grants available to states to help fund existing early-childhood programs, the Iowa Capital Dispatch reports.
  • Iowa was one of only 25 states deemed eligible for the funding
  • Early Childhood Iowa, a program within the Iowa Department of Management, spent two months working on the grant.
The other side: Anne Discher of Common Good Iowa, a policy-making nonprofit, said she believes it's reflective of the governor's resistance to taking funding from the Biden administration.
The big picture: It's the latest potential money the state has rejected, including millions in rental assistance.
  • Reynolds announced on Fox News last year that she had returned $95 million from the federal government intended to help schools during the pandemic.

• Angry
Reactions: Ree4
Kim wants to get back on FoxNews to brag about rejecting Biden cash hoping Donald will be watching.
Sorry Kim...still not as young or attractive as Kristi...and we all know how Trump selects female underlings.

How is turning down that grant good for Iowa?
KIm just sent back like $50M to the Feds for stuff Iowans could have used in recovering and moving on from the Covid pandemic......Sending the money back to the Feds saves nothing....this money will be redistributed" to states wanting additional post-Covid monies....the $$ had been budgeted...sending it back saves nothing as the money will be spent elsewhere.....
Any of you needing Covid verification needing a"qr code" will note a hassle in rounding up this information unless you used 2-3 pre-selected providers....part of this returned money was to be used to make this information more easily shared amongst Covid providers....
There is a reason the Feds made this money available to the individual states......but Kim "knew better".....

This news is the least bit surprising, but it’s interesting to me who hasn’t replied in this thread. But, by the looks of it, they are busy in a few other threads to be worried about education.

What did you say about it in the other thread? Good with this? It's your part of Iowa that's taking it in the nuts.
The other thread had an article that actually had all the information and this was blown way out of proportion.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
The other thread had an article that actually had all the information and this was blown way out of proportion.
So the decades long collapse of small town schools, the constant cuts to funding to rising costs, again, over decades, is blown out of proportion? The drop in Iowa Education is nothing to you? I know why that is...because Republicans are the ones effing things up. Again, proving us all right when we say they don't give a damn about kids after they are born.

Most Iowans are not smart enough to understand this until it is too late.
Unfortunately for everyday Iowans, given the recent election, she has a blank check to run the State, outside of Rob Sand.

Now she's got a rubber stamp as AG and a Treasurer that won't question anything.

Reactions: cigaretteman
So the decades long collapse of small town schools, the constant cuts to funding to rising costs, again, over decades, is blown out of proportion? The drop in Iowa Education is nothing to you? I know why that is...because Republicans are the ones effing things up. Again, proving us all right when we say they don't give a damn about kids after they are born.
Derp

Reactions: JMSBFD
Is this statement true?

Since the start of the pandemic in 2020, Gov. Kim Reynolds has approved more than $500 million in state and federal funding to increase access to child care across the state

And then I found this

Is this statement true?

Since the start of the pandemic in 2020, Gov. Kim Reynolds has approved more than $500 million in state and federal funding to increase access to child care across the state

And then I found this

Whoops. Like I said Tom, derp.

Is this statement true?

And then I found this

If a liberal posts something about Kim Reynolds it more than likely is not true. She is to them what Pelosi is to the right.

ADVERTISEMENT