ADVERTISEMENT

Kim's Educational Leadership .....

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Tonight on "Iowa Press" Dave Price, WHO TV was one of the 3 panelists.....The abortion flap, 3rd District Congress elections and the Governess were all topics of conversation.
Price pointed out at the Reynold's is pushing hard her "tax money" for private schools, especially for "special private gatherings (fundraisers)"........One of the handouts she issues to attendees states that Iowa test scores in Math and reading have decreased over the last 20 years.....So her idea is to send some small population public schoolers to "private schools" along with some tax money....What Reynolds fails to mention is that for the nearly half of time she cites as a concern, she (Reynolds) has been in the state Senate, Lt. Governor and Governor....so she is admitting that her time in leadership has been a failure in education. She is also quick to point out that Iowa teachers are about in the middle of pay scale nationally, but points out states where the math and reading scores are higher but teachers are being paid less......She is pointing out the fact that schools in Iowa are failing their kids, UNDER HER LEADERSHIP. (I think Price used the phrase "fantastically interesting" in describing Reynold's strategy in this area.)
Tonight's program was quite interesting....it will be replayed Sunday at Noon, I think.

Public education in Iowa has started to struggle under Republican leadership. Kim does nothing to improve it. State superintendents will tell you this.

Public school education in Iowa used to be something to be proud of. Then Pubbers started cutting funding and pushing charter and private schools, all while complaining about the public schools they hurt by cutting funding. Self fulfilling prophecy.

My youngest son and his fiance are both going to be teachers. My oldest daughter has a 9 month old. I told both to get out of the state and go to one that actually cares about education.

Who would have thought that as smaller rural schools started to disappear that learning statistics would start to deteriorate. Shocking.

Public school education in Iowa used to be something to be proud of. Then Pubbers started cutting funding and pushing charter and private schools, all while complaining about the public schools they hurt by cutting funding. Self fulfilling prophecy.

My youngest son and his fiance are both going to be teachers. My oldest daughter has a 9 month old. I told both to get out of the state and go to one that actually cares about education.
Wrong.
Teachers unions happened with zero accountability.

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
Wrong.
Teachers unions happened with zero accountability.
Yeah...those damn Iowa Teacher's Unions! They wield so damn much power! I am sick and tired of all the teacher's strikes and teacher slow-downs Iowa features annually!
The Iowa Legislature and Governor happen with even less accountability. NOT one cent of public collected tax money should go to ANY private school! It's a slippery slope boys......

That’s the advice I give younger folk….leave and don’t look back. And to be fair most of them have agreed and said they had/have no plans to stay.

Reactions: lucas80
The guiding principle of this GOP...
Sabotage and starve public institutions like education; then when they start to falter under their leadership , turn around and claim they are a failure and must be starved even more.
Sad.

I like that the most ignorant and bigoted morons on HORT think the demise of smaller, rural schools are the cause of lower scores and that their war on education has no effect. Perhaps we should bring back one room classrooms where one teacher taught everything.

Reactions: nelly02
The guiding principle of this GOP...
Sabotage and starve public institutions like education; then when they start to falter under their leadership , turn around and claim they are a failure and must be starved even more.
Sad.
Or like student loans you could place no limits on how much a student can borrow then when it leads to a crisis turn around and act like the hero and erase all the debt/problem you created.

Tonight on "Iowa Press" Dave Price, WHO TV was one of the 3 panelists.....The abortion flap, 3rd District Congress elections and the Governess were all topics of conversation.
Price pointed out at the Reynold's is pushing hard her "tax money" for private schools, especially for "special private gatherings (fundraisers)"........One of the handouts she issues to attendees states that Iowa test scores in Math and reading have decreased over the last 20 years.....So her idea is to send some small population public schoolers to "private schools" along with some tax money....What Reynolds fails to mention is that for the nearly half of time she cites as a concern, she (Reynolds) has been in the state Senate, Lt. Governor and Governor....so she is admitting that her time in leadership has been a failure in education. She is also quick to point out that Iowa teachers are about in the middle of pay scale nationally, but points out states where the math and reading scores are higher but teachers are being paid less......She is pointing out the fact that schools in Iowa are failing their kids, UNDER HER LEADERSHIP. (I think Price used the phrase "fantastically interesting" in describing Reynold's strategy in this area.)
Tonight's program was quite interesting....it will be replayed Sunday at Noon, I think.
So, once this discussion is over can we talk about the education system in the USA and how it compares to the rest of the world?

So, once this discussion is over can we talk about the education system in the USA and how it compares to the rest of the world?
The US educational system is fine as long as you consider the scope and breadth of it. Everyone is given a chance and that just is not the case any where else in the world. If you wanna change tge way education is delivered here in the US, have at it.
The proof is in the pudding. The US still
Produces it share of leaders in the world. And ever wonder why all those foreigners come to the US to not only get college degrees, but why they come here for their post grad and research degrees?

Kim went to I-35 High School, Northwest Missouri State and Iowa State. She seems to be forgetting her roots. The private schools will still only take the students they want, and public schools decline because of it. She trusts Iowans but not Iowa School Boards. She has done a terrible job as governor. I used to be proud of this state......now Grassley, Ernst, and Reynolds are an embarrassment.

Young people flee Iowa and the GOP is hell bent on destroying one of the few reasons to give them to ever want to move back when they start a family.

Reactions: dekhawk
ADVERTISEMENT