ADVERTISEMENT

King, Kittle, Beathard, and Johnson invited to NFL Combine

It seems like LeShun Daniels is a notable omission from the list, when both De'Veon Smith and Dare Ogunbowale from the B1G managed to receive invitations as running backs.

Agreed. He also had several long TD runs called back due to shitty holding calls away from point of attack. Would have helped his per carry avg, and total yards and TD stats, as well as proven that despite being considered a power back, he still had enough speed to take it to the house. He has a nice balanced run game, that in my opinion could project well to the next level, and is a ridiculous omission in my opinion, especially looking at some of the others who got invites, as the previous poster mentioned.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Also, I assumed Cole Croston would get a look. Only Sr. on the Joe Moore award winning OL. Many non big name/standout OL have went in the 4th to 6th rounds under Ferentz, and assumed Croston could be another.

I read last night that 35% of the players at the combine didn't get drafted last year and 15% not at combine got drafted

Daniels and Croston will be FA pickups.

You are probably right, but in my mind, if going into it, that is what analysts have you pegged as, then you should be included in the combine.

Combine should be just as much about outside looking in guys (but solid enough to be for sure FA guys) getting a chance to earn their way in, as it should be about trying to shuffle around the top 10 players.

You are probably right, but in my mind, if going into it, that is what analysts have you pegged as, then you should be included in the combine.

Combine should be just as much about outside looking in guys (but solid enough to be for sure FA guys) getting a chance to earn their way in, as it should be about trying to shuffle around the top 10 players.

Yeah good point. I wonder how they are chosen? Do you know?

Daniels and Croston will need to shine at the Iowa Pro Day workout. I hope the four at the NFL Combine make all of us Hawk fans proud.

I would expect Jaleel to stand out at the combine. If you read the analysis on CJ, you wonder how he even got invited to the combine. No real issue with anything they said either, he's got a lot of holes in his game. Just goes to show you how hungry the NFL is for QB's who have any training in a pro style offense. Watched Mike & Mike this morning, and they had Bill Polian on. He said there are just NO NFL ready QB's coming out of college anytime soon. He said its very hard to project if any of the current crop,(next several years), will have any impact in the league,

tumblr_ls9amnocos1qg25zco1_500.gif

;)

Croston could very well be drafted. Mabin and Daniels in camp, at a minimum.

Among TEs at the combine George Kittle was third in the 40 with a time of 4.52 and also third in the broad jump with a jump of 11 feet. Some NFL team is going to get a real steal with George.

Did King run at the combine and what was his time? I think at this point he is looking like a 2nd or 3rd round pick with the dreaded tweener tag.

Did King run at the combine and what was his time? I think at this point he is looking like a 2nd or 3rd round pick with the dreaded tweener tag.
King didn't run 40 because of an abdominal strain. He will run at Iowa's pro day.

#248 at his position haha

This is from yahoo sports winners/losers from the combine. Kittle was one of 10 people they had for winners. I think with good week may have worked his way into a late rd draft pick.

Iowa TE George Kittle — It’s a freakishly athletic TE group, one with a lot of pass-catching talent. So he needed a big workout to stand tall after a 20-catch season that was marred by injuries, and the 6-4, 247-pound Kittle delivered. Among tight ends, he turned in the third-fastest 40 time (4.52), the third-best broad jump (132 inches) and the sixth-best vertical (35 inches). Even with a sub-par bench-press reps (18), that’s a phenomenal workout. It doesn’t hurt that Iowa has been something of a tight end factory in recent years under Kirk Ferentz and that Kittle loves to block.

Reactions: ichawk24
JMO Kittle will be 4th or 5th round pick.King was able to do backpedal and hip turns not running 40 was no biggie.JJ has some work to do hope he can turn it up like Carl Davis did at pro day.CJ is all over the place with scouts

So, he's a smart businessman.
100% but I just didn't like that he said he wasn't running it cause of a strained ab....but yet you go ahead and do all the other tests and drills?? Just doesn't look good imo. Just say your focusing on the 40 at your pro day instead

So, he's a smart businessman.
100% but I just didn't like that he said he wasn't running it cause of a strained ab....but yet you go ahead and do all the other tests and drills?? Just doesn't look good imo. Just say your focusing on the 40 at your pro day instead

He said doctors cleared him for everything except the 40. Hence why he didn't run.

I wish King the best, as I do all the Hawkeyes that are trying to make it in the NFL.
It doesn't appear, however, that he's helped his draft status any with the senior bowl or combine.
It would have seemed unlikely for him to fall below round 2 if he would have gone to the draft last year.
I hope his staying another year didn't cost him as far as his NFL contract.

Reactions: DirtyD1971
I've seen projections that rank him #4 at his position. Experts are saying a deep class for DBs. As many as 8-9 could go early. Teams may also wait because of depth and get guys later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT