ADVERTISEMENT

Kinnick is respected. Not Iowa Football.

DJ_Kool_Herk

All-Conference
Oct 10, 2021
A realization today:

Those UM players and coaches were happy af they got outta there with a W... but not because of Iowa.
Because of Kinnick

A very good D team with an unreal environment becomes a very good D team with a very good environment today.

It's almost like I feel worse now that Kinnick has lost mystique more than Iowa Football.

The early part of you post seems to confirm the Kinnick mystique.

Then you express sadness that it’s lost?

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
Some of you people need to get a grip this season is not over by a long shot. When the going gets tough the tough get going. Go ahead and hate on me but this Hawkeye fan is supporting his team through thick and thin until all the games are played.
Sorry Bud. This season is lost with SP at qb1 and BF/KF in charge of the O. Phil’s D is being wasted, and they are getting tired. Iowa needs a qb1 that can scramble with this oline. If KF/BF can’t see that then they need to be gone. Time for KF to call it quits since he doesn’t want to bring the offense into the 21st Century.

Sorry Bud. This season is lost with SP at qb1 and BF/KF in charge of the O. Phil’s D is being wasted, and they are getting tired. Iowa needs a qb1 that can scramble with this oline. If KF/BF can’t see that then they need to be gone. Time for KF to call it quits since he doesn’t want to bring the offense into the 21st Century.
Okay but what you said is not going to happen this year so what are you going to do the rest of this season? 2021 BIG champs and in first place in our division so it's not really "lost" yet is it.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkeye_power
Kinnick at night is where its at…

hes-right-you-ixwycj.jpg

Reactions: CAhawki
Okay but what you said is not going to happen this year so what are you going to do the rest of this season? 2021 BIG champs and in first place in our division so it's not really "lost" yet is it.

We were 2021 B1G champs? Sweet.
Two games into the B1G and tied for first in the garbage West. Yippie

• Haha
Reactions: BetterLuckNextTime
It sounds like you're saying Iowa was the 2021 Big 10 champion.

I honestly don't give a fock what happens this year or the next. Kf has done it for me and iowa fb. He needs to go, until then my interest in this shit show is over

JFC

Kinnick Stadium is going to be around a heck of a lot longer than this team and anyone associated with it. It will see many more Iowa teams of various levels of accomplishment. It will see the thrill of victory more often than not, and many more highly ranked visitors will fall.

Saying that Kinnick mystique is gone because Iowa has a bad team this year and weren't able to pull off an improbable upset is total horsesh*t.

That top five AP opponents stat that everyone was citing this week has as much to do with KF and the program as it does with the damned stadium. You can't separate Kinnick from the program. They are inextricably linked.

Some of you people need to get a grip this season is not over by a long shot. When the going gets tough the tough get going. Go ahead and hate on me but this Hawkeye fan is supporting his team through thick and thin until all the games are played.
So far looks like people are laughing you off the stage.

The only thing more embarrassing than the team’s offensive performance is the over reaction of a lot of the Iowa fans! They have become so spoiled thru the years that they are no longer in touch with reality! This is still one of the most consistent teams in the country! Even if they go .500 this year they will still be concerned one of the most consistent! That is a fact! Every team in the country has its up and downs, but we have a so so year and they want to clean house! You are all stating to sound like Nebraska……look what they have done after firing there coach……3 coaches ago! Oh yeah baby sign me up for some of that! Quit acting like spoiled little brats and ride the storm! If you really don’t believe this is no more than a little bump in the road ya all are dumber than even I thought!

The only thing more embarrassing than the team’s offensive performance is the over reaction of a lot of the Iowa fans! They have become so spoiled thru the years that they are no longer in touch with reality! This is still one of the most consistent teams in the country! Even if they go .500 this year they will still be concerned one of the most consistent! That is a fact! Every team in the country has its up and downs, but we have a so so year and they want to clean house! You are all stating to sound like Nebraska……look what they have done after firing there coach……3 coaches ago! Oh yeah baby sign me up for some of that! Quit acting like spoiled little brats and ride the storm! If you really don’t believe this is no more than a little bump in the road ya all are dumber than even I thought!
You make a lot of good points. There's a poll going on here where more people want Kirk gone than those wanting him to stay, and even far more dramatic on the football board. Definitely some silliness to all that even though I've been a critic of KF several times through the years.

People do forget this has been an amazing run for Iowa since 2015 and only last season we were representing the B1G West in Indy.

However, it's very obvious that there are three primary things going on among some (and I'd say not the majority though) IMO:

--The anger at a prolonged and continued struggle on the offensive side of the football....a perceived stubborn attitude by KF and fans tired of the struggles on that side of the ball

--Brian Ferentz has become a lightning rod and happens to be Kirk's son. That's caused a lot of negative emotions.

--Thirdly, I think some fear there could be tough struggles ahead going forward for Iowa due to being no threat on offense and Kirk's stubborness in a brand of football he's unwilling to change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT