ADVERTISEMENT

Kinzinger: Trump Cultism Has Taken Over Churches

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Oh, I know... he's a RINO because he doesn't bow at the alter of Trump...

The Hill reports:

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), a vocal critic of former President Trump, said that some churches have changed from an institution that worshiped God to one that worshipped Trump. In a video, the Illinois Republican said that government and worship should be separate.
“There are a number of churches that have basically become, you know, from a house of worship of Christ and of God to a house of worship of Donald Trump,” Kinzinger said at an event for The Atlantic titled “Disinformation and the Erosion of Democracy.”

“It’s been said that a faith that makes losing a sin will make cheating a sacrament,” he tweeted. “That leadership crisis has spread from DC into our daily lives and even our churches. When leaders refuse to stand up for truth and reject toxic division, we begin to replace God with idols.”

I only believe kinzinger when he’s crying. Crocodile tears go along ways. Anyway, I’m confident his State Farm office will be very successful.

Yep, Cheeto has replaced both Reagan and Original Jesus among the cultists. Evangelicals have become part of the cult. He is the ultimate showman of our time and probably the last 80 years. I hope this country survives Trumpism.
Hey it survived Obamaism.

Yes, he is. Churches aren’t worshipping Trump. What a stupid thing to say.

trump.jpg

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.

Christians are failing this Commandment miserably.

Meanwhile, church attendance/affiliation continues to decrease among everybody that isn't a crazy Republican. Wonder why no one else wants to associate with them?
You are doing a great job as one of the naysayers that Bible prophecy speaks of. Congratulations!

Hey it survived Obamaism.

Obamaism otherwise known as the third George Bush presidency. He dropped a ton of bombs in the Middle East, made GWB’s tax cuts for the rich permanent and used a left wing mandate and 60 votes in the senate to implement the right wing Heritage Foundation’s corporate health care plan.

Last edited:
Obamaism otherwise known as the third George Bush presidency. He dropped a ton of bombs, made GWB’s tax cuts for the rich permanent and used a left wing mandate and 60 votes in the senate to implement the Heritage Foundation’s corporate health care plan.
🤦‍♂️

Some could say the church left us.

Which one?

There are thousands of liberal Churches: Methodist, Episcopalian, Presbyterian, United Church of Christ.

They are shedding members and would love to have you, I'm sure.

Hey, Trump's been a fav with church goers (especially the males) ever since he said he can grab the babes by the p without retribution. Evidently it struck a cord (no pun intended) with these folks!

Reactions: HawkMD
Whatchu know about Bible prophecy, Gas Station?

Because my Bible reads a lot of false prophets and teachers will rise up in the last days, and that fits Donald Trump and some evangelical preachers to a T.
Dude I study it. And prophecy is unfolding before our eyes. DJT is NOT a profit. But I still have hope for a better candidate than him. Something has got to change.

Some could say the church left us.
Perhaps, BUT.......
Democrats say “ the Party left me”.....Repubbers say “The Party left me”.....MAGAts say “the nation left us”.....Everyone points fingers elsewhere placing the blame on “ them”, whoever “them” is...
Maybe all of US....each and everyone of us needs to look into the mirror and figure out what is best for “us” as opposed to what is best for me.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Perhaps, BUT.......
Democrats say “ the Party left me”.....Repubbers say “The Party left me”.....MAGAts say “the nation left us”.....Everyone points fingers elsewhere placing the blame on “ them”, whoever “them” is...
Maybe all of US....each and everyone of us needs to look into the mirror and figure out what is best for “us” as opposed to what is best for me.
Sorry I forgot to use my Sarcasm font.

There's a reason I've stopped going to church. It's long ago abandoned the way of Christ. This is nothing new. It's been brewing for over 20 years.

There's a reason I've stopped going to church. It's long ago abandoned the way of Christ. This is nothing new. It's been brewing for over 20 years.
You go to the wrong church then!
I love how mainstream churches are dealing with the "gay" issue today. The churches national bodies are shuffling responsibility to the local congregations who are having some real inner-congregational battles over it.
My philosophy is that Christianity is an "all inclusive" religion.....Christ welcomes all of us to worship.......Many individual congregations don't want anything to do with "gays" or same sex marriage and the like.

You go to the wrong church then!
I love how mainstream churches are dealing with the "gay" issue today. The churches national bodies are shuffling responsibility to the local congregations who are having some real inner-congregational battles over it.
My philosophy is that Christianity is an "all inclusive" religion.....Christ welcomes all of us to worship.......Many individual congregations don't want anything to do with "gays" or same sex marriage and the like.
I have been told I'd enjoy the Episcopalian church better, but have never grown up in the more traditional format of their services, I just have a hard time feeling at home with all the sacraments. But yes, the local Episcopalian church here has a lesbian rector and is very active in social services and justice oriented issues.

But it's just so foreign of a way to worship to me that it's difficult. And I know that part is on me.

Yes, he is. Churches aren’t worshipping Trump. What a stupid thing to say.

Breadlines from COVID closures start yet?

Might want to sit out on observations, predictions, well, pretty much anything. You're not that clued-in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT