ADVERTISEMENT

Kiper 2023 position rankings

If Campbell plays like last season, how does no one take him first round? Perfect Pittsburgh Steeler. They need one?
He needs to improve a lot to be in the first round. Look at Leo Chenals stats and physical measurables he lasted till the third. He needs a lot more TFLs and INTs to go in the first.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
How the heck i Taylor #4?

And wow, I agree who else in D1 uses a FB as much as Iowa?

Wish we'd use that position more. Hayden used the FB position as well as any coach I've ever seen. BF should go back, watch some of his tape and use some of his plays; nothing to lose at this point with what he runs out there now.

Wish we'd use that position more. Hayden used the FB position as well as any coach I've ever seen. BF should go back, watch some of his tape and use some of his plays; nothing to lose at this point with what he runs out there now.
I mean, there’s probably a reason that modern offenses don’t use the FB that much anymore

Fry's offense was far more modern than anything we've seen in this century.
I'm not sure they were more modern...I think for the most part...he had better QBs...but the one thing about Hayden's good teams...if you stack the line of scrimmage or commit to stop the run...he'd throw you out of it. His passing games or commitment to calling consecutive pass plays puts Brian to shame. Hayden would throw ten times in a row if you had 8 in the box.

Reactions: Viking1491
He needs to improve a lot to be in the first round. Look at Leo Chenals stats and physical measurables he lasted till the third. He needs a lot more TFLs and INTs to go in the first.

Stats like TFLs and INTs don't necessarily mean that much when it comes to the NFL draft. Those stats are highly dependent on factors beyond the player's control. For example, some defensive schemes blitz their LBs far more often then others. The more you blitz, the better your TFL numbers will look. INTs may depend a lot on whether you're normally playing zone or man, who you're defending, and whether your teammates are near the same caliber such that opposing teams simply don't look to your side of the field.

Physical attributes and reviewing the tape to see how well you can handle your personal assignments are much more important than statistical output of TFLs and INTs.

I'm not sure they were more modern...I think for the most part...he had better QBs...but the one thing about Hayden's good teams...if you stack the line of scrimmage or commit to stop the run...he'd throw you out of it. His passing games or commitment to calling consecutive pass plays puts Brian to shame. Hayden would throw ten times in a row if you had 8 in the box.
Well, he did have accurate passers.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Stats like TFLs and INTs don't necessarily mean that much when it comes to the NFL draft. Those stats are highly dependent on factors beyond the player's control. For example, some defensive schemes blitz their LBs far more often then others. The more you blitz, the better your TFL numbers will look. INTs may depend a lot on whether you're normally playing zone or man, who you're defending, and whether your teammates are near the same caliber such that opposing teams simply don't look to your side of the field.

Physical attributes and reviewing the tape to see how well you can handle your personal assignments are much more important than statistical output of TFLs and INTs.
I understand that but those TFLs are going to be telling how strong a players instincts are. He had more TFLs in 2020 than 2021 playing in almost 3x the amount of games. In the Minnesota game he had 17 tackles but how many of those came 5-8 yards downfield? If he has a year similar to Jewel’s senior year where he has 13+ TFLs 4.5 sacks and 2 INTs and shows his versatility he will greatly improve his draft stock.

Can’t when the player playing it doesn’t run the route he was suppose to, such as the B1G championship game, where he fell over backwards while back pedaling instead of continuing to run. You can’t target this type of position player too often when you have limited plays with limited possessions in a game like Iowa does. Most times they only have 50 to 60 plays in a game. Iowa needs to be possessing the ball by running 80 plays per game to ensure a win.

ADVERTISEMENT