ADVERTISEMENT

Kiper's new mock draft

I don’t care that he didn’t get the vaccine. I care that he lied about it, and then tried to paint himself as the victim when he got caught. admittedly, I still think he would have been dumb not to get the vaccine, but at least be honest about it. He deliberately misled people to believe he’d been vaccinated, and ignored as a result all of the Covid protocols that his Union agreed to with the league.

also, no one was ever required to take the vaccine. But if a player chose to not vaccinate, then they needed to still take Covid tests and such. In fairness, those worked for the most part, until Omicron came along and spread much more rapidly, vaccinated or not.

Hint : Vaxed were catching and spreading covid the whole time.

Reactions: jo12208
I don’t care that he didn’t get the vaccine. I care that he lied about it, and then tried to paint himself as the victim when he got caught. admittedly, I still think he would have been dumb not to get the vaccine, but at least be honest about it. He deliberately misled people to believe he’d been vaccinated, and ignored as a result all of the Covid protocols that his Union agreed to with the league.

also, no one was ever required to take the vaccine. But if a player chose to not vaccinate, then they needed to still take Covid tests and such. In fairness, those worked for the most part, until Omicron came along and spread much more rapidly, vaccinated or not.
The whole covid thing is all the you're hung up on. Admit it, you're a Branch Covidian, aren't ya?

ZZJapmg.gif

The Packers drafted Rodgers because Favre was continually threatening to retire, so the situation is not really the same. Rodgers never threatened to retire and never held the team hostage by such actions. He also never complained about sitting on the bench for 3 years, but Green Bay knew that had to do something and thankfully they chose to cut ties with Favre and give the reigns to Rodgers. Pretty sure he'll be back, by the way :)
And for Rodgers previous two years his stats were looking very ordinary, compared to previous years. He’d only thrown 51 TDs COMBINED the previous years for instance. They had some reason to think he might be declining. I think picking Love was a dumb selection, at least as a first rounder, but I understood the reasoning behind the pick.

Reactions: hawk224
I think I get the idea of that statement, but...
If you can see the polish, ironically, that means it's a poorly done job or incomplete job. Was he indicating that those athletes were still developing or that they were finished products? Confusing statement on its face.

The thing that drives me a bit batty about Kiper is that you hear his inhale while he rambles and rambles - every time.
It was a few years since I have watched the NFL draft, but Kiper one year every time they went to him and he showed a video, somewhere in that video he would use that term, "you can see the polish". I just thought he could have at least come up with a second comment, other then that one. He obviously stunted my growth by constantly hearing that term that it torments me to this day. LOL

Perhaps. But if he ends up being the next JJ Watt, who he compares to in many ways, then it won't be a bust, will it?

Also, it's only really a bust if you pick him over players who clearly had more upside and then go on to have much better careers. This draft class is pretty lackluster, so who else warrants going No. 1? Tyler Linderbaum may be the only sure thing in this class TBH.

In my opinion, 2022 could be remembered as the "trade down draft" because a lot of teams would rather have more Day 2 picks over anything in the first round.
He does not have Watts physicality. Not even close. It is just not a draft class with the can't miss players you normally see.

And for Rodgers previous two years his stats were looking very ordinary, compared to previous years. He’d only thrown 51 TDs COMBINED the previous years for instance. They had some reason to think he might be declining. I think picking Love was a dumb selection, at least as a first rounder, but I understood the reasoning behind the pick.
He was also trapped in the stagnating McCarthy offense. No coincidence that with a new coach his numbers went up

I don't, dude threw like 800 ints!

Taking a quarterback was semi-defensible. Rodgers was coming off two consecutive average years, where his TD/INT ration was 1:1. and Green Bay was attempting to do the same thing with him Rodgers by drafting his successor as they did when they drafted Rodgers when Favre was still there. It looks bad now because he’s played at an All-Pro level ever since. But hindsight is 20/20. Drafting Love was still a head-scratcher, but I understood why they made the pick.

Guess I feel he was more impactful than you do in our game. We should both know that DL stats can vary so much based on scheme. Some of the DL guys we’ve had who have had the best NFL careers didn’t put up huge stat numbers. And I said earlier, in a better draft I don’t think he’s a top 5 pick. But it’s not, so he is. Still think he can be a good pro however.

At least for me, it was entirely that he lied about it and then tried to play victim about it. i think he’d have been wrong, but I’d have at least respected that he didn’t want to get vaccinated. anyone who gets caught in a lie and then tries to tell us they didn’t, loses respect from me.
.” Rodgers was coming off two consecutive average years, where his TD/INT ration was 1:1.”

you may want to look that one up.
51 TD’s, 6 int. 62% completions.

Reactions: hawk224
Mel Kiper, I used to like Mel Kiper, until I listened to him. I did watch a couple NFL drafts where it seemed like he was constantly wrong, and every athlete video they showed Mel was constantly saying "You can see the polish". :eek:
Anyone could do Kiper's job if they had his resources. He changes his picks every week so has to get some right no matter what.

• Haha
Reactions: scotthawk1964
.” Rodgers was coming off two consecutive average years, where his TD/INT ration was 1:1.”

you may want to look that one up.
51 TD’s, 6 int. 62% completions.
Yeah I was looking it up later. Not sure where I thought the INT number was higher, but 51 TDs over two years is a very average number by his standards. Even that completion % is a bit pedestrian compared to his career 69% completion.

Yeah I was looking it up later. Not sure where I thought the INT number was higher, but 51 TDs over two years is a very average number by his standards. Even that completion % is a bit pedestrian compared to his career 69% completion.
Agree with that, ‘by his standards’ sets the bar pretty high. Those two seasons were top 10 ish in the league which was a fairly significant step down for him

Reactions: sober_teacher
This draft class is well below average in my opinion. Any GM who takes a QB in round 1 should be fired the next day (Unless it's Matt Corral late, late, in the first round). If I was drafting in the top 3 I'd be looking to move to the back half of the top 10 and pick up a few additional picks in the process.
My Lions choose #2 and if they get Hutchinson there I'd be good with it. I don't think Jacksonville goes with Hutchinson at #1. I'm also good with Thibadeaux at the second pick overall.

I think it’s more likely he goes #2 to the hometown team, Detroit. Thibodeaux has the higher ceiling but Aiden probably has the higher floor I think. The only reason some might have him as a #1 is that it’s not a great draft for high-end skill position players, especially quarterbacks. There’s maybe one or two possible franchise guys this year…maybe. You know there’s going to be a dumb team or three that takes a qb in the top ten, even tho I don’t think there is one this year, maybe Pickett.

Its why I think Tyler HAD to go this year, because I don’t think his stock will be any higher than it is now. Personally think he goes top 10.
I'd be curious to know how many centers have been picked in the top 10 over the last 20 years.

Take the vax or lose your job isnt an option, and that has happened to millions.

If the Eagles think the Ravens will take Lindy they will trade up two spots and take him. They need a center as much as anyone and have the draft capital to pull it off without giving up too much.
I could get on board with this. Kelce will play for what could be another 3-4 years. They drafted Landon Dickerson last year to potentially replace him, but has been a standout playing guard this year. Would be cool to have the past two Rimington winners playing alongside each other.

ADVERTISEMENT