ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Ferentz - A Heck of a Coach

hawks_dg

All-Conference
Nov 16, 2018
Ferentz is one heck of a coach. 10-3 is not the season we all would love to see, but it's still a great season regardless. As much as anyone, I would love to have seen a 14-0 with a championship title in my lifetime. That being said, I cannot think of a better coach that Iowa could have as their ambassador and leader.

Ferentz is more than a head coach. He is a leader to the kids at the university. He genuinely cares about them and wants them to succeed in life. Not only does he want them to give it all on the field, he wants them to be highly successful in life. He is by far the best all around coach in college football. With the win today, he now has the best win record at the university in a 5 year stretch. I would love to see his graduation percentage of his student athletes as well. This would be a great stat to see among the wins that he has put out there as well.

When it comes down to it, he is a great human and a great representation of what the people of Iowa are. Hard working, determined, caring, and dedicated. The university and the student athletes he has coached are better because of his leadership.

Go Hawks! Great win tonight.

It’s crazy to think he isn’t HoF eligible... I think he would need 3 or 4 10-3 seasons to have above a .600 win record required. Not likely to happen. Does anyone think he stays 5-6 years and actually gets his % high enough. Doesn’t seem like the kind to care much about accolades, but as a fan I sure want him in!

Agreed. I get the feeling he truly values his players as people much more than as players— the way it should be. Maybe that doesn’t win national championships (yet), but it’s Iowa football; it’s the way it should be.

You’re feeling is completely accurate. He’s an excellent football coach, but a better leader and developer of people. Try finding a former player that doesn’t speak highly of him.

Iowa is a developmental program, that develops 2 and 3 stars into NFL players. But beyond that, develops 18 year old boys into responsible and quality young men.

He's well respected by everyone.

Watch:

That clip says a lot. I bet you don't see that very often after a demoralizing loss, for some of the players to make it a point to seek him out to shake his hand. USC's star player, Pittman, was a non factor in the game, (great game plan by PP, to bring just enough pressure to keep USC off balance without exposing the secondary), and yet he showed some class after the game. Well done young man....

It’s crazy to think he isn’t HoF eligible... I think he would need 3 or 4 10-3 seasons to have above a .600 win record required. Not likely to happen. Does anyone think he stays 5-6 years and actually gets his % high enough. Doesn’t seem like the kind to care much about accolades, but as a fan I sure want him in!
I don't know how strict of a requirement that is. Hayden was only .564 if you count the whole career, although he was .613 at Iowa. Ferentz is now .582 overall, but he is .611 at Iowa. I think he gets in at some point.

If OM would have been healthy, he would have been starting last night ahead of Smith AND ISM!!! LOL ;)
I am 100% unapologetically pro-KF and staff. Fire KF, BF, etc. is ridiculous. I also happen to believe there is no identifiable reason for OM to not have had a spot in the 4 WR rotation (making 5). He certainly wouldn't have had the drops Ragiani ended up having. I'm not for demoting him or otgers, but how could it have been bad - especially when Smith was out? There may be things I don't know about, but on the surface, I stand by my assertion. He's not our "savior" but could have been a piece in the puzzle.

But, seriously, I don't really care right now. I'm thankful for so many things Hawkeye! 10 wins is great!

I am 100% unapologetically pro-KF and staff. Fire KF, BF, etc. is ridiculous. I also happen to believe there is no identifiable reason for OM to not have had a spot in the 4 WR rotation (making 5). He certainly wouldn't have had the drops Ragiani ended up having. I'm not for demoting him or otgers, but how could it have been bad - especially when Smith was out? There may be things I don't know about, but on the surface, I stand by my assertion. He's not our "savior" but could have been a piece in the puzzle.

But, seriously, I don't really care right now. I'm thankful for so many things Hawkeye! 10 wins is great!

OM was out of commission yesterday because of a shoulder injury. That injury could be the major reason he wasn’t in the mix as much as many fans hoped. Hopefully he can get back to 100% for the spring and make a push for more playing time next season. Either way, he’s a good teammate by all accounts and makes our WR group deeper and better with his presence.

OM was out of commission yesterday because of a shoulder injury. That injury could be the major reason he wasn’t in the mix as much as many fans hoped. Hopefully he can get back to 100% for the spring and make a push for more playing time next season. Either way, he’s a good teammate by all accounts and makes our WR group deeper and better with his presence.
That would make some sense. I hope it's true as a reason. Thanks!

I enjoy berating the idiots on this board that call for his head after a loss; I'll see you jackasses at some point next year.

KF is the best in the biz. I can't name a single coach I'd take over him.

Want to know how I know you are a homer dunce?

Best in the biz my ass.

For some reason I keep thinking of him at PR. Good hands, decent speed, plays calm and under control .
Iowa is getting close to an embarrassment of riches in the WR room. Hoping the RB room blossoms to the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT