ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Ferentz appreciation thread

tick2266

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2019
Too much negativity for a man that has given so much. I know we can collectively list a plethora of things about Kirk that we appreciate.
I have watched a couples games this weekend and would like to applaud team discipline. Whether Iowa players are making a big play or swarming to the ball, they don’t stop to harass the other team’s players. I see players on other teams stop to jaw with the opposing team or dance around the field (even after a 10 yard gain). Go Hawks.

Ferentz has Iowa in the hunt most years, and seems to run a clean program. This year's issues have been fermenting for a while so I was shocked that he seems to have been caught so off-guard, but he has handled it well. I look for good things from this program in the future.

Too much negativity for a man that has given so much. I know we can collectively list a plethora of things about Kirk that we appreciate.
I have watched a couples games this weekend and would like to applaud team discipline. Whether Iowa players are making a big play or swarming to the ball, they don’t stop to harass the other team’s players. I see players on other teams stop to jaw with the opposing team or dance around the field (even after a 10 yard gain). Go Hawks.
Very glad that Kirk is our coach. I know he will work hard to address the concerns that have been brought forward by some of our former players and improve the experience for all the Hawkeyes. Go Hawks !

From 1-10 in year 1 to a pair of Big Ten Titles by 2005, to an Orange Bowl win, and our current 3 game win streak in bowls with a 10 win season, #15 ranking, and an absolute domination over blueblood USC. It’s great to be a Hawkeye. Glad he’s our captain.

AR-180839959.jpg

AR-305159966.jpg

825f7bdc-e7d9-4190-a623-5e35109301f5-large16x9_KirkBigTen.PNG

EP-306039969.jpg&MaxH=300&MaxW=500

502b6f22-50a8-545f-8d9d-a6eb759b3681.image.jpg

00107eddie-robinson-award-010916.jpg

d42b0d42-6318-46be-94b9-aed797e0861f-20190914_CyHawkFootball_5506.JPG

6a5888f3-01ac-5d7a-9133-9aa9c4b593dd.image.jpg

59f29d0678201.image.jpg

56592434329c9.image.jpg

636500053576351325-20171227-PinstripeBowl-1362.JPG

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDQvNmI4Nzk5M2UtMDEwMTIwMTlfb3V0YmFja2Jvd2wwMjIuanBn.png

iowa-head-coach-kirk-ferentz-receives-the-holiday-bowl-trophy-from-picture-id1190698263

Last edited:
Ill skip waxing on how decent a guy he is coz he is. Appreciate hiis low key and dignified behavior. Most of all absolutely enjoy the style of football his teams play on both O and D. The pro sets and controlled offense, and disciplined defense. With KF teams, Ive never felt like we were out of a game before it began no matter who the opponent and that makes for great football experiences.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Check this out & watch:

That's a good listen. Thanks Fran.

There is a continuum of discipline - on one end it's "let 'em do what they want" and at the other end is the Marines. A parent, a teacher, a CEO, a coach - you are charged with finding the spot on that continuum that allows your family, classroom, company or team to function at it's highest level.

There is also a continuum of love - from hugs and kisses all the time to tough love.

And finally, there is the continuum of success that results from everything else - champions all the time or somewhere at the bottom.

I think KF comes as close to hitting that balance as anyone I have seen over a long period of time.

Reactions: chodehawk
After all this it's clear he represents the state of Iowa as well as anyone, you can decide if that's a compliment or not

Ill skip waxing on how decent a guy he is coz he is. Appreciate hiis low key and dignified behavior. Most of all absolutely enjoy the style of football his teams play on both O and D. The pro sets and controlled offense, and disciplined defense. With KF teams, Ive never felt like we were out of a game before it began no matter who the opponent and that makes for great football experiences.

The last sentence is so true. We are still in nearly every game going into the fourth quarter...win many, lose a few.

I think he'll turn the present negatives into a long-term positive. Strong leaders do that.

Reactions: rchawk
I wouldn't be surprised

That would be like 70 new faces every year, which is about 5 times more than we’ll usually take.

Again, if we’re talking scholarship players, walkons, assistant coaches, S&C staff, video, and trainers since 1999, I don’t think it’s going to be anywhere close to 2000 (the smallest number that we can call “thousands”).

Just found that “thousands” comment funny.

That would be like 70 new faces every year, which is about 5 times more than we’ll usually take.

Again, if we’re talking scholarship players, walkons, assistant coaches, S&C staff, video, and trainers since 1999, I don’t think it’s going to be anywhere close to 2000 (the smallest number that we can call “thousands”).

You're forgetting about the fans and non-fans alike that have been positively impacted by KF. Including those it's probably hundreds of thousands if not millions ;)

Somehow my winkie disappeared

Edit - AARGH! I used an android winkie instead of the one from the editor on this site. It gets wiped out upon saving.

So add this to my post: ;)

ADVERTISEMENT