ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk has something to sell that Harbaugh can't match

Maybe you don't like reality...
I'm guessing wisconsin fans are enjoying their current reality a lot more than theirs of 25 or even 10 years ago and are ecstatic they haven't been playing the aw shux card all these years. The reality is our brand could be in a better spot than it is. Especially if we did a little better consistently on offense. Ohio St/Bama will never be our reality but we could be better.

http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/05/16/michigan-florida-lsu-quarterback-transfers-mailbag

As you guys know I go bat**** crazy anytime a Hawkeye suggests that Iowa has to accept it's place in the world behind the big boys. Alvarez doesn't think that way and neither do I. Click on the link and enjoy.

I read the story and I'm not following you. Are you saying KF can sell the fact that he doesn't tend to go for grad transfer QB's? You are constructing strawman arguments. Is it okay to say that Iowa faces demographic challenges to being good that Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama, etc. don't have? I'm of the opinion that winning at Iowa isn't just a matter of "wanting to" or "getting after it" or whatever phrase folks want to use. To win at Iowa, the Iowa coach has to be better at his job than the coaches at the other schools with more built-in advantages. That's all many of us are saying.

I'm guessing wisconsin fans are enjoying their current reality a lot more than theirs of 25 or even 10 years ago and are ecstatic they haven't been playing the aw shux card all these years. The reality is our brand could be in a better spot than it is. Especially if we did a little better consistently on offense. Ohio St/Bama will never be our reality but we could be better.

Oh no doubt. But some people expect to be competing for national titles and that is simply not going to happen. The deck is too stacked in the big boys favor. Even as well as Wisconsin they aren't national title contenders.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
It's his Magic Beans... everyone east of missoula knows Ferentz has been black market dealing magic beans for years and ole harbaugh cant do anything about it

Harbaugh can get all the grad transfers he wants, as long as he keeps having recruit slumber parties. However, in the end, Michigan is still Michigan, and in the end, a decent HS QB is going to take his chances on Michigan over non blue bloods for the one simple fact, that Michigan is a blue blood. Now, if Harbaugh coaches Michigan 10 years from now, and 80% of his starting QB's are grad transfers, then I can see a few high value QB targets slip away. Of course, they will slip away to another blue blood school, so in the end, it doesn't help Iowa. As for Iowa accepting it's place behind the big boys? Just because we don't want it to be so does not make it so. We are behind the Alabama's and Ohio States of the world. Iowa developes there rosters, Alabama reloads there rosters, any questions?

Oh no doubt. But some people expect to be competing for national titles and that is simply not going to happen. The deck is too stacked in the big boys favor. Even as well as Wisconsin they aren't national title contenders.
Fair point, I'd be ecstatic to just win the west a little more and finish with 3-4 losses more frequently instead of 5+ every year....I don't hear any of my friends mad we aren't a playoff contender every year but I guess those fans exist on here. Unrealistic, I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT