ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Herbstreit Picks the B10 West Winner

WinOneThisCentury II

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2021
Wait for it....NEBRASKA. I get they are going to be better...I think...but I'm not getting this one. You have to go through a gauntlet this year to win the West. They play @Michigan, then Wisconsin at home, then Iowa on the road. That's a tough finishing three games. They haven't held up in tough physical games on a week after week basis...and Nebraska is not deep on either the offensive line nor the defensive line. That is not good thing this year in the West.

With how good the West teams look to be...Nebraska would not be my choice. I still think the conference favorite is Wisconsin...but I like Iowa's chances if they have a solid OL that can run the ball in big games and protect the QB.

Definitely goes against the "Big Scary Wisconsin" narrative that is popular on this board.

If we can manage more than 3 1st downs in the first 2 quarters vs Nebraska, we will definitely have a chance. That's assuming Nebraska D is equal to our 2nd/3rd team defense.

7ac.jpg

Nebraska's Defense is typical garbage , i see no way they win the West. Wisconsin will run the ball down Their throats and limit possessions , Gophers the same and I dont see them beating Iowa in Kinnick and Michigan will pound Them in the Big House.... They may lose Today too.......

Prophetic. Frost is a loser through and through
I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again, sure Scott Flop seems like a loser but remember it’s year 4 or maybe 5 for him. Can’t remember.

Nebber would be insanely stupid if they fire him before he gets 18 full years to prove what he can do.

If they haven’t made a bowl game by year 18, then yeah, Flop doesn’t deserve a 19th chance.

Last edited:
The thing that concerns me is if Flop gets the boot, there is a chance they’ll actually get someone good like Mark Stoops.
Even a good coach won’t win much at Nebber.

That program will never be tough enough to win in the B1G.

It’s not the coaches, it’s the waaay tougher conference.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Even a good coach won’t win much at Nebber.

That program will never be tough enough to win in the B1G.

It’s not the coaches, it’s the waaay tougher conference.
I don’t disagree that there is a definite step up in competition when Neb joined the B1G, and while unheard of 20+ years ago, they have a hard ceiling as to what they can accomplish because so much has changed since Osborne last coached. Fewer scholarships, better nutrition and weight training is the rule and not the exception, and it’s a tougher sell to get kids to come to Lincoln due to lack of winning.

I still think it’s possible to have a solid program there, but N is having a hard time realizing that the best they can hope for us to achieve success comparable to Wisconsin rather than Ohio State.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
It's truly amazing how much experts still expect Nebraska to bounce back and return to glory. There's zero evidence to suggest that, yet they believe it anyway.

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again, sure Scott Flop seems like a loser but remember it’s year 4 or maybe 5 for him. Can’t remember.

Nebber would be insanely stupid if they fire him before he gets 18 full years to prove what he can do.

If they haven’t made a bowl game by year 18, then yeah, Flop doesn’t deserve a 19th chance.
As an Iowa fan, I would be thrilled if they played a round of golf with Frost's contract. Given the win totals he's had, he's on pace to rack up a hell of a golf score.

ADVERTISEMENT