ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk talks about Chryst firing and state of CFB saying "you have to change with the times."

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
And he also said, paraphrasing, 'that one thing nice about here is you know what is going on etc". Well Kirk's and Brian's offensive numbers have changed for the worse.

The only thing I did not like about Norm's defensive philosophy was after playing great on 1st and 2nd downs and having a team in 3rd and long he would not bring in a 5th Dback and not blitz very much at all. His defenses could give up a lot of third and long conversions at key times against decent enough passing teams. PParker has modified the same defense to include the CASH for certain opponent formations, he blitzes more, and the raider package works well so he has maintained and even upgraded the defense.

On the other hand there hasnt been much change on the offensive side, not a lot of new play designs and wrinkles, and now without some really good players the team suffers. It seems some modifications that have been used for a long time but are also used by high powered offenses are getting the ball into your running backs' hands as much as possible as well as to your best receivers who can run after the catch. We just do not see this. I was really down on Kirk ball back in the 2006-7 years and into '08. But they turned it around. Time to change and do it again.

And he also said, paraphrasing, 'that one thing nice about here is you know what is going on etc". Well Kirk's and Brian's offensive numbers have changed for the worse.

The only thing I did not like about Norm's defensive philosophy was after playing great on 1st and 2nd downs and having a team in 3rd and long he would not bring in a 5th Dback and not blitz very much at all. His defenses could give up a lot of third and long conversions at key times against decent enough passing teams. PParker has modified the same defense to include the CASH for certain opponent formations, he blitzes more, and the raider package works well so he has maintained and even upgraded the defense.

On the other hand there hasnt been much change on the offensive side, not a lot of new play designs and wrinkles, and now without some really good players the team suffers. It seems some modifications that have been used for a long time but are also used by high powered offenses are getting the ball into your running backs' hands as much as possible as well as to your best receivers who can run after the catch. We just do not see this. I was really down on Kirk ball back in the 2006-7 years and into '08. But they turned it around. Time to change and do it again.
A blind kid in Norway could predict what's coming from the Iowa offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT