Know we know why LC hasn't been posting much lately

Lone Clone is being inducted into the AARP Hall of Fame
this weekend. It is taking place in Venice, Florida and
honors one person from each of our 50 states. Lone Clone
was nominated for this honor by the Senior Citizens Task
Force of Iowa Governor Terry Branstad. This honor will
enable Mr. & Mrs. Lone Clone to a 50% discount on all
Holiday Inn Express motels, Red Lobster Restaurants,
and Dillard Department Stores for the rest of their lives.

Lone Clone is being inducted into the AARP Hall of Fame
this weekend. It is taking place in Venice, Florida and
honors one person from each of our 50 states. Lone Clone
was nominated for this honor by the Senior Citizens Task
Force of Iowa Governor Terry Branstad. This honor will
enable Mr. & Mrs. Lone Clone to a 50% discount on all
Holiday Inn Express motels, Red Lobster Restaurants,
and Dillard Department Stores for the rest of their lives.
You cannot know this, of course, but that is a particularly inappropriate comment in my case. I quit AARP shortly after joining (to get the discounts) because of the dishonest way the organization approaches Social Security, which misleads people and makes dealing with the problems more difficult. I was fortunate enough to meet face-to-face with the president of AARP and its congressional liaison, and to explain to them why I quit. They were not receptive.

It's a big insurance company that couldn't care less about old people.

It does have good discounts, though.

You cannot know this, of course, but that is a particularly inappropriate comment in my case. I quit AARP shortly after joining (to get the discounts) because of the dishonest way the organization approaches Social Security, which misleads people and makes dealing with the problems more difficult. I was fortunate enough to meet face-to-face with the president of AARP and its congressional liaison, and to explain to them why I quit. They were not receptive.

It's a big insurance company that couldn't care less about old people.

It does have good discounts, though.

AAA has good discounts, too. The only political issue I have with them is their support of seat belt laws.

AAA has good discounts, too. The only political issue I have with them is their support of seat belt laws.
Yeah, in my experience AAA has the best discounts. I don't think I've ever run across a situation where the AARP was better, and often it isn't as good. Although the only times it ever comes up for me is with hotels and, less often, car rentals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT