ADVERTISEMENT

Koerner to NFL

Congrats to Jack! Good for him. It's also good as that opens up a spot for a young player...and likely gets Nwankpa on the field right away...in the CASH...or safety.

Jack is clearly underrated in my opinion. He can run...and he's smart...and sees the field well.
Will miss Jack, hard nosed and love those type of players. Safety spot should be bright spot: Merriweather is back, Castro - have been waiting for him to play more hits hard and love watching him on ST's, Dejean and X.

So who all is left from this year's defensive backfield besides Merriweather, Castro Harris, Schulte and CDJ? Are Moss and Belton gone also?

So who all is left from this year's defensive backfield besides Merriweather, Castro Harris, Schulte and CDJ? Are Moss and Belton gone also?
Also Roberts and Bracy. I have a hard time seeing Belton going early. Also will have guys like Deasfernandes that could start getting some reps. As far as I know Caddieth is still around and could come in in a pinch.

I have a feeling it's going to be Merriweather and Castro for safeties, Belton back as rotating safety and Cash, with Roberts and Harris at CB with Bracy as next up. Some of the younger guys playing good reps.

Also Roberts and Bracy. I have a hard time seeing Belton going early. Also will have guys like Deasfernandes that could start getting some reps. As far as I know Caddieth is still around and could come in in a pinch.

I have a feeling it's going to be Merriweather and Castro for safeties, Belton back as rotating safety and Cash, with Roberts and Harris at CB with Bracy as next up. Some of the younger guys playing good reps.
I don't think Castro is going to be a starter unless Merriweather moves to FS. Schulte has the inside track at FS but I also think you will see DeJean in the mix.
I have no idea what Belton will do. I thought Stone was going to come back but he left. Nwankpa, and Bracy will be competing for spots as well.
It is time for guys like AJ Lawson and Deasfernandes to step up otherwise there could be some true freshman corners on the depth chart.

I love Scary Terry on special teams.

There's probably never been a safety that we've had under Kirk at least that was quite as sure of a tackler or able to tackle in space like Jack. I think he's gonna find a place in this league and it wouldn't surprise me if he starts somewhere.

Totally agree, and we’ve had a litany of high qualify safety’s. here….For years and years. From walkons, 2 stars, 3 Stars, etc…but he was a stud!

There's probably never been a safety that we've had under Kirk at least that was quite as sure of a tackler or able to tackle in space like Jack. I think he's gonna find a place in this league and it wouldn't surprise me if he starts somewhere.

Not arguing with Jack’s skills. Sanders was strong safety, so I would add Sean Considine to mix. I’d take either one at gametime.

ADVERTISEMENT