ADVERTISEMENT

Kris & Keegan Murray commit to Iowa

Just posted in the other thread, we're currently "oversigned" by 1 now and that's if Bohannon doesn't redshirt. Either we are taking Connor and Pat off scholarship and expect others to leave or we're done with this class...

Just posted in the other thread, we're currently "oversigned" by 1 now and that's if Bohannon doesn't redshirt. Either we are taking Connor and Pat off scholarship and expect others to leave or we're done with this class...

Well I think for Till it was only a 1 year deal so I think they are even on scholarships.

Has anyone followed them since they have been in Florida or is everyone still basing off them when they were at Prairie? I'm sure the coaching staff has been following them the whole time and would know if they could play D1 basketball. If they are on scholarship that would probably mean JB is playing this year otherwise they would be over the limit next year. Let the kids play this year at the florida academy before everyone decides how good they are.

Reactions: iahawks10
Not necessarily. Iowa currently has an open ride plus three guys on scholarship who don’t have to be on scholarship.
Keegan and Kris Murray, twin 6-7 wings originally from Cedar Rapids Prairie, commit to Iowa after receiving offers over the weekend.

Will play a post-grad season at DME Academy in Florida this year.

Reactions: mstp1992
Not necessarily. Iowa currently has an open ride plus three guys on scholarship who don’t have to be on scholarship.

If somehow they are able to bring in Ulis, Perkins, the Murray twins AND 1-2 of Foster/Sibley/Ogundele, then fine. But if the Murray twins mean our class is full, then this is a huge disappointment. Two unranked players whose only other offer on record was Western Illinois, plus a player who was unranked until he committed to Iowa over zero P5 offers. I'm fine with taking Perkins, but not if he's the second best recruit in the class. I'm fine with the Murray twins, but not if they are the end of the class.

If these signings mean that all other targets have chosen to go elsewhere, this class is a disaster. I don't see how it could be anything else.

Here is where we are at if Bohannon plays - would be a little different if he RS would have 3 PG on roster 20-21 if he RS not countng Connor.

Maybe Connor will pursue Baseball after this year.
or
Maybe he could use the Mac boys scholarships
or
Joe goes Pro

2019-20
Bohannon sr
Kriener sr
Evelyn sr

1 Pemsl* jr
2 Garza jr
3 McCaffery so
4 Weiskamp so
5 Nunge* so
6 Fredrick* fr
7 McCaffery fr
8 Toussiant fr
9 Ulis rec
10 Perkins rec
11 Murray rec
12 Murray rec
13 rec
? ?
? ?

Will wait to judge the Murray twins - they are both like the Dev Marble I won't complain. If they can play D and make 3s. Would still like to see a higher rated skilled player come in with this class though

Reactions: mooresville hawk
I didn't realize Fran had the ability to move his sons on and off of the scholarship list from year to year, but if he can, that's a good thing for Iowa.

As others have mentioned, I hope this doesn't mean that our other remaining targets, specifically Foster and Ogundele are no longer viable.

This won't happen....
This won't happen....
I honestly think that after this season it is quite possible that Connor focuses on Baseball only.

If Joe has the season I think he will it is probably over 50% that he will go pro. I think he is a more well rounded player than Kevin Huerter from Maryland with more upside and he got drafted 19th in the 2017 draft

It is going to be hard to ever be more than a bubble NCAA team that competes in the second tier of the BIG 10 with our recruiting.

We just can’t get many Top 150 recruits. We’ve got to figure out a way to get more kids in that 50 to 150 range. You can compete for conference championships and sweet sixteens with a couple of those types yearly. Awfully hard otherwise.

Last edited:
On paper this is the worst recruiting class in the Fran era and maybe quite a few years before that. Will they be worse than the 2015 class? I hope to God not.

On paper, this looks like a good UNI class.

And these signings indicate to me that Iowa got bad news on the Foster front. I have 0.0% expectation he comes to iowa. What a weird, weird turn of events.

I honestly think that after this season it is quite possible that Connor focuses on Baseball only.

If Joe has the season I think he will it is probably over 50% that he will go pro. I think he is a more well rounded player than Kevin Huerter from Maryland with more upside and he got drafted 19th in the 2017 draft
I think you're right, Wieskamp will be gone after this year.

Plus, Till is on for a one year "thanks for all your hard work, we had an open scholarship this year."

Connor's future really is baseball and he will also likely be gone after this year (in my opinion).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT