ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Murray mocked 20 in latest The Athletic mock draft

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016

20. Utah Jazz (via PHI)​

Kris Murray | 6-8 wing | 22 years old | Iowa​

This would end up with Utah via a complicated series of pick swaps and would be the final result of the Royce O’Neale trade. Kris Murray is a pretty simple translation to the NBA. He’s nearly 6-foot-8 with solid length and a terrific frame and showcases real 3-and-D skills. He hit nearly 40 percent from 3 last season at Iowa and defended well on a variety of different player types on the wing. He’ll move into a more primary role this season with the departure of his brother, Keegan, to the Sacramento Kings. I’m not as high on Kris’ ability to create shots as I was going into last season with Keegan, but I think we’ll see him play well as the guy at the top of scouting reports this season.

I could see Keegan winning the NBA Rookie of the Year and Kris exceeding expectations and end up 12-15 in the first round of the draft.

Your thread got killed by mods so now I have to respond here I guess… I feel homeless

I’ve got to think Keegan’s success in the NBA is going to make Kris go higher in the draft. Kris has proven a little more erratic and I don’t think has the same driving skills, but you definitely see similar outside shooting , defense and offensive rebounding. I was really impressed with his defense the past couple games. Focused on him quite a bit, and players just struggle to score on him. Plus he can defend 1-5, which is really extraordinary.

I’m not sure I would draft Kris tbh… he’s just not as automatic as his brother. Could use a year in d league… too harsh?

Kris has exceeded my expectations for him this year. He is our best player and its not close. Its truly mind blowing how the Murrays have developed. I saw them play at West when Connor was there. You could never predicted they would be this good.

Reactions: blhawk
Kris has exceeded my expectations for him this year. He is our best player and its not close. Its truly mind blowing how the Murrays have developed. I saw them play at West when Connor was there. You could never predicted they would be this good.
DNA ftw

Mock drafts should always be taken with huge grain of salt but he was 18, 19, 22 in the 3 most recent ones I saw. I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks up higher than expected like Keegan did, I bet they love what they will hear in one on one interviews.

Both those boys seem like ideal teammates and employees. What Keegan is doing won't hurt either as others have mentioned

ADVERTISEMENT