ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Murray - Way-to-Early 2023 NBA Mock Draft

The Oklahoma City Thunder currently have the #12 overall pick.

Not a bad article (thanks for sharing), but there’s some lazy reporting going on here. First, the writer misspelled Keegan. Then, he refers to Kris as Keegan’s “younger brother.” I believe Kris is actually the older of the twins.

Not a bad article (thanks for sharing), but there’s some lazy reporting going on here. First, the writer misspelled Keegan. Then, he refers to Kris as Keegan’s “younger brother.” I believe Kris is actually the older of the twins.

Yeah, Kris was born first

Okc would be an interesting spot, they have a lot of young talent on that roster.

They've probably drafted better than anyone over the last couple decades but haven't been able to keep their talent.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Its worse as its almost certain he does not realize they are identical twins. Writer is a college student so will give him a pass this one time.

The Athletic's latest mock draft:

FyrDAEuXsAAXP1U

Reactions: Torg
Anyone else wonder why two UM players would get picked ahead of Kris? I saw a lot of inconsistency, when I watched Jett Howard, who is a streaky shooter, and needs work on the rest of his game IMO. I was more impressed with Kobe Bufkin, who seemed to have a more complete game.
NBA draft is all about potential so they probably see more athleticism or that those players are younger as a reason.

The 2023 NBA Draft is just a few days away (Thursday, June 22, 7:00 PM CT, ESPN) and for the third-straight season, Iowa should have a player hear his name called during the draft. More importantly, for the second-straight season, an Iowa player should be selected in the first round of the draft. Keegan Murray became the highest-drafted Hawkeye player to be taken in the NBA Draft last season when he was taken fourth overall by the Sacramento Kings.

This year, Kris Murray should hear his name called on Thursday night -- though not as early in the process as his brother did last season. Kris' draft stock isn't as high as Keegan's was a year ago, due to being a year older (23 in a few months) and not being quite the prospect that his twin brother was. Still, Kris is widely tabbed to hear his name called during the first round of this year's draft.

Last year Keegan Murray became the first Iowa player taken in the first round of the draft since Ricky Davis in 1998. If Kris Murray joins his brother in becoming a first-round selection this year, it will be the first time that Iowa has had players taken in the first round of the NBA Draft in consecutive seasons in over 50 years. In 1970, John Johnson was taken seventh overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers. In 1971, Fred Brown was drafted sixth overall by the Seattle SuperSonics. That would be some very exclusive company for the Murray twins to join.

So where are the mock drafts projecting Kris Murray to go and what do they say about his game? Let's take a look.

MORE HERE: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/kris-murray-2023-nba-draft-projections

The Warriors, with the #19 overall pick, are looking at older, more experienced guys who know how to play & who can play right now along side Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.

Hmmmm....

I don't like the Warriors, but that would be a good spot for Kris. Especially with Draymond potentially leaving for free agency.

Plus it'd make for a lot of battles between him and Keegan in the regular season and they'd only be 90 miles away from each other.

I don't like the Warriors, but that would be a good spot for Kris. Especially with Draymond potentially leaving for free agency.

Plus it'd make for a lot of battles between him and Keegan in the regular season and they'd only be 90 miles away from each other.

sounds like the Warriors want Dramond back; but at what cost?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT