ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Murray

He is the X Factor of this team. There is no better lineup than when the Murrays are playing together with Uhlis, Tony, and/or Joe.

He should have had playing time last year! Just a break out season like his brother last year. So impressed with him.
When he gets into the flow of the game and gets some confidence going, it's a beautiful thing. He's hitting his stride at the right time.

Rebraca really hustles and plays hard, but he doesn't have the length/athleticism or the outside shooting/perimeter game. The two Murrays + either PMAC or CMAC at the 3 is pretty tough lineup.
The guards can vary.

Hopefully Perkins is out of his slump---guy is a natural scorer.

Rebraca really hustles and plays hard, but he doesn't have the length/athleticism or the outside shooting/perimeter game. The two Murrays + either PMAC or CMAC at the 3 is pretty tough lineup.
The guards can vary.

Hopefully Perkins is out of his slump---guy is a natural scorer.
Like Jess says... dangerous team if Tony and Connor make guys respect their shot!!

He is the X Factor of this team. There is no better lineup than when the Murrays are playing together with Uhlis, Tony, and/or Joe.

He should have had playing time last year! Just a break out season like his brother last year. So impressed with him.

We all crave defense & rebounding.

The Twins give us a whole lot of rebounding (and a lot more, of course).

Our top 2 rebounders tonight:

11 (4 offensive) for Keegan
7 (1 offensive) for Kris

Not sure where Kris got his 4 fouls. He got a cheap one on a clean block that was a makeup call. The production Kris had in his 20 minutes >>> Rebraca is his 24 min.

Nebraska shot 44% from 3pt line and 52% overall....very tough to win a road game when your defense gives up that type of shooting percentage. Iowa did beat them on boards, and that was Murray State.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Another good game, but I'm starting to wonder if he didn't sleep with a refs wife or something!! If not he just has the worst luck ever imo....
He does some dumb things in the post. He often defaults to dropping both hands Which is an automatic foul. Just a lack of time in the post.

Kris is up and down, makes some bad plays and gets cheap fouls. He usually plays well and showing a very high ceiling. Bringing in Joey and Kris at the same time really pressures the opponent. Whatever F Mac is doing now--keep doing it. Don't break it if ain't broke.

Every announcer says next year it is Kris's team. No, I don't believe he leaves early, but he is averaging nearly 10 and 5 while only playing 17 1/2 minutes per game. He has some things to work on, but if for some reason he would decide to go...after pre-draft workouts for GMs and coaches, I think somebody would take him in the first round.

I was a little concerned that EVERYONE is going to expect Kris to be just as good as Keegan next year.... And if he falls short, it won't be good enough...

But, I really don't think that's going to be a problem. He's going to be REAL good. Already pretty damn good.

Every announcer says next year it is Kris's team. No, I don't believe he leaves early, but he is averaging nearly 10 and 5 while only playing 17 1/2 minutes per game. He has some things to work on, but if for some reason he would decide to go...after pre-draft workouts for GMs and coaches, I think somebody would take him in the first round.

As an Iowa fan... PLEASE NO!!!

I think it would be fun for Kris to run wild on the B1G for a season :D

Reactions: easy2 and amahawk
Don't think anyone would honestly tell Kris that he's a first rounder. He is not nearly the complete player as Keegan is.

That might not be true in a year.
The thing is its essentially true now because the nba drafts on where they project you to be not where you are.

Especially when you fit the ideal mold.

Keegan is a lottery pick, theres a huge difference between lottery and late first round.

Let's hope Kris wants to be a lottery pick in 23.

Don't think anyone would honestly tell Kris that he's a first rounder. He is not nearly the complete player as Keegan is.

That might not be true in a year.
He’s really close, but I agree with this. He reaches just a little too much on defense and isn’t quite as smooth yet as Keegan is. He made some amazing plays tonight and I don’t want to crap on his overall game, which was fantastic, but there was a stretch of time where he got himself in trouble in the paint a few times. He’s very close to being a nationally elite player.

I think he’ll have two challenges next year 1) Expectations that he’s going to be Keegan 2.0 and 2) He won’t catch anyone by surprise like Keegan maybe did early this season. He’ll get a ton of attention from defenses from day 1.

Kris is ready for more minutes. I would be fine with him coming off the bench but he has really come on the past 5 games. Especially with PMac being injured and the tournament games comingup, he'll be getting more minutes for sure.

He’s really close, but I agree with this. He reaches just a little too much on defense and isn’t quite as smooth yet as Keegan is. He made some amazing plays tonight and I don’t want to crap on his overall game, which was fantastic, but there was a stretch of time where he got himself in trouble in the paint a few times. He’s very close to being a nationally elite player.

I think he’ll have two challenges next year 1) Expectations that he’s going to be Keegan 2.0 and 2) He won’t catch anyone by surprise like Keegan maybe did early this season. He’ll get a ton of attention from defenses from day 1.

THIS.

I will say that I don't think Keegan sneaked up an any B1G teams, he was impressive in the Non-conference. He's getting a ton of attention.... Defenses just can't stop him

THIS.

I will say that I don't think Keegan sneaked up an any B1G teams, he was impressive in the Non-conference. He's getting a ton of attention.... Defenses just can't stop him
I was referring more to pre-conference play when he seemed to explode from out of nowhere and there were questions early as to whether he was just doing that because of weak opponents or whether it was legit. He put that talk to bed quickly.

The thing is its essentially true now because the nba drafts on where they project you to be not where you are.

Keegan is a lottery pick, theres a huge difference between lottery and late first round.

I am not an NBA gm, but if I see a kid that is identical twin of a lottery pick, I would definitely draft Kris in 2nd round and I'd give him a guaranteed contract.

I am wondering if Iowa fans could start a GO FUND ME NIL package to keep the murrays... if a Kentucky player can get $4 million, maybe Iowa fans could raise similar coin. The team would be NCAA title contender..

I am not an NBA gm, but if I see a kid that is identical twin of a lottery pick, I would definitely draft Kris in 2nd round and I'd give him a guaranteed contract.

I am wondering if Iowa fans could start a GO FUND ME NIL package to keep the murrays... if a Kentucky player can get $4 million, maybe Iowa fans could raise similar coin. The team would be NCAA title contender..
Definitely. And I think it would probably be more like late 1st.

Its not a great deal for Kris considering his upside so he actually has a pretty good incentive to come back.

Tens of millions difference over the life of the contract I suspect. It will provide no small amount of post season dialogue. I'm saying he stays.

As you know, I could be wrong but probably not.

ADVERTISEMENT