ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Murray

He’s really close, but I agree with this. He reaches just a little too much on defense and isn’t quite as smooth yet as Keegan is. He made some amazing plays tonight and I don’t want to crap on his overall game, which was fantastic, but there was a stretch of time where he got himself in trouble in the paint a few times. He’s very close to being a nationally elite player.

I think he’ll have two challenges next year 1) Expectations that he’s going to be Keegan 2.0 and 2) He won’t catch anyone by surprise like Keegan maybe did early this season. He’ll get a ton of attention from defenses from day 1.

Well, sometimes he plays like tonight and sometimes you get 1-6. More than anything Kris needs to display consistency.

I agree he's got the foundation and has shown the potential to be elite. There are only three returning forwards so unless the portal is really sweet to Iowa, Kris will be playing 30 or more minutes a game. Plenty of time to shine and I think he will shine.

Tens of millions difference over the life of the contract I suspect. It will provide no small amount of post season dialogue. I'm saying he stays.

As you know, I could be wrong but probably not.
Id guess it's pretty likely he stays because he probably stands to improve his position significantly.

If he blows up in the tournament that could change things.

I don't think Kris is a 1st rounder after this season but I do think an NBA team would pick him up. He has ridiculous upside and is getting better and better as the season goes on.

I don't think Kris is a 1st rounder after this season but I do think an NBA team would pick him up. He has ridiculous upside and is getting better and better as the season goes on.
Kris is a sleeper right now and all teams have to do is look at his brother to see the potential. I think they both go to the draft this year and taken in the first round or anticipate a team will draft Keegan then take Kris in the second round or pick him up in free agency after the draft if they don’t want to use a draft pick on him to keep them together since they play so well on the court at the same time.

Reactions: longliveCS40
Therein lays the problem. Kris has not shown the consistency of performance, not effort because he plays hard, which a NBA team can gamble several million dollars. It's not like the NFL, the NBA teams just have two picks, right? A second-round pick is valuable. Even then, a lot of those end up in D League or Europa or even some heathen kingdom east of Suez.

Life as 1st rounder is much more predictable and lucrative. Kris has a very good "team" to help with the decision. Not just Kenyon but probably a lot of ex-players, including NBA guys, to help with information and predicted draft order.

Hope Kris stays and think he will but secure money from doing what you love is pretty hard to refuse.

The Murray twins are fairly reminiscent of Horace and Harvey Grant. All of which are approx. 6’9” forwards but the Grant Bros. went to separate schools (Horace went to Clemson and Harvey went to Oklahoma). Both had solid stints in the NBA (though Horace had a bit more notability due to being a teammate of MJ’s during his first run of championships; also he was known for rocking the Rec Specs which he ultimately didn’t need after LASIK surgery but continued to keep them as it was his signature look).

I have no doubts the Murrays have the goods to be the next great set of NBA twins. Kenyon has to be really proud of these young men - we as Hawkeye fans are truly blessed to have them suit up in the black and gold. Oh yeah, and their old man had some game himself back in the day 😉

The Murray twins are fairly reminiscent of Horace and Harvey Grant. All of which are approx. 6’9” forwards but the Grant Bros. went to separate schools (Horace went to Clemson and Harvey went to Oklahoma). Both had solid stints in the NBA (though Horace had a bit more notability due to being a teammate of MJ’s during his first run of championships; also he was known for rocking the Rec Specs which he ultimately didn’t need after LASIK surgery but continued to keep them as it was his signature look).

I have no doubts the Murrays have the goods to be the next great set of NBA twins. Kenyon has to be really proud of these young men - we as Hawkeye fans are truly blessed to have them suit up in the black and gold. Oh yeah, and their old man had some game himself back in the day 😉
Good comp. Horace was a hair bigger and stronger than Harvey who was a better outside shooter.
Lot like Keegan and Kris.

Reactions: fezzador
I've seen so many people on this forum saying that there's almost no chance of Kris leaving after this year and the reasons they give are mostly nonsense.

He's too inconsistent
He's not strong enough.
He's not good enough to start at Iowa; how is he good enough to go the NBA.

Nobody knows how things are going to shake out, but know that Keegan was projected by people who actually do this for a living as a top 10 pick before this season even started. He played 18-19 minutes per game last year. Kris is playing 18-19 minutes per game this year. His numbers are better than Keegan's last year while playing out of position. He could very well come back next year but don't be too surprised if he doesn't.

Kris could use another year to get stronger
I think another year but playing more in his natural position would be great but I'm sure it'll come down to how he does the rest of this season and in workouts. The kid has NBA talent so someone might snatch him up knowing he's a year away.

THIS.

I will say that I don't think Keegan sneaked up an any B1G teams, he was impressive in the Non-conference. He's getting a ton of attention.... Defenses just can't stop him
This. He didn't "sneak up" on conference teams. Dude was the leading scorer in the NCAA before conference play....

I’m pretty sure Kenyon wants his alma mater to win a national championship. Because of this, both his kids will be representing the hawks next year in the final 4. You guys can stop this discussion about Keagan and Chris leaving for the nba.

• Haha
Reactions: longliveCS40
I’m pretty sure Kenyon wants his alma mater to win a national championship. Because of this, both his kids will be representing the hawks next year in the final 4. You guys can stop this discussion about Keagan and Chris leaving for the nba.
Speaking of Kenyon, Although he named his son after his good friend CHRIS Street, I'm pretty sure he changed it to KRIS...... ;)

ADVERTISEMENT