ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Kelvin Bell

There were guys in there making plays that I didn't even know who they were. There were some missed opportunities to make tackles (especially Hall), but there was good gap discipline on the vast majority of snaps.

Much like all of our position groups on defense they just are never in the wrong spots and are very physical.

The DTs are playing at a much higher level than I anticipated.
I like Black, but how solid has Shannon been so far. Buddy of mine who's an Iowa State fan trained him through high school and a bit in summers. Always said he was undersized, but insane power. Said big boys would have been calling if he was taller and they get calls from everyone.

They’ve blown me away this season. I was very concerned about the youth and inexperience on the interior, but they’re playing like upperclassmen!

I like Black, but how solid has Shannon been so far. Buddy of mine who's an Iowa State fan trained him through high school and a bit in summers. Always said he was undersized, but insane power. Said big boys would have been calling if he was taller and they get calls from everyone.
In the preseason several posters were giving him a lot of crap for losing battles to Linderbaum as if not blowing by Linderbaum is something to be ashamed of. He looks to be doing well so far.

I don't remember who it was but one poster loved taking jabs at him and "lol'd" a lot. Seems to have been wrong in his analysis.

Reactions: TerryHoitz13
I was concerned about the tackles on both sides of the ball. Not so much on D now!

In the preseason several posters were giving him a lot of crap for losing battles to Linderbaum as if not blowing by Linderbaum is something to be ashamed of. He looks to be doing well so far.

I don't remember who it was but one poster loved taking jabs at him and "lol'd" a lot. Seems to have been wrong in his analysis.
Ha! Linderbaum makes everyone look dumb! You know he's a problem when Tristan Wirfs is pimping him to the world.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Still like Black's future, but I think you could say he's been #4 so far behind Shannon, Lee, and Van Ness. That's how the playing time has gone so far too.

It’s great getting Black playing time since his upside is huge. Might not be our best now but he has a chance to keep getting better even when others hit their ceilings.

Reactions: Blair Sanderson
ADVERTISEMENT