ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to the Biden Administration in Regards to Taiwan

I’m all for selling stuff to Taiwan, but I believe Russia’s folly has turned China off of invading Taiwan.

China doesn’t want to deal with the type of sanctions Russia faces. They want to become the strongest economic power in the world. You can’t do that by uniting the EU and United States against you.

I’m all for selling stuff to Taiwan, but I believe Russia’s folly has turned China off of invading Taiwan.

China doesn’t want to deal with the type of sanctions Russia faces. They want to become the strongest economic power in the world. You can’t do that by uniting the EU and United States against you.
I think the ass whooping Russia is experiencing has just as much effect on their thoughts on the subject.

China is in a much better position to make sanctions on them painful on the countries placing sanctions on them. Half the crap on the shelves is made in China…Russia couldn’t say that

Reactions: Finance85
In other words:
"The supporters of Neo-Marxism attack people's values—family, hard work, thriftiness—stir conflict among people, discredit Christianity, and manipulate language (via calling for “political correctness”) to estrange people from their societal order, moving them away from the capitalist economy."
No. You’re just a dummy.

I can’t think a reason he would invite America to affirm Ukrainian neutrality by treaty just so he could then take on the U.S. by launching a war on Ukraine.
Can you?

The war we’re witnessing now was because he ‘kept his word’ that Ukrainian ascension to NATO was a ‘red line’.
Biden’s response was the Joint Statement on the U.S.-Ukraine Strategic Partnership and here we are.

Inviting someone to do something you know they are not willing to do is not an offer to make in good faith. At the least he’d have had us wrangling over the details for months while he continued to chip away at Ukrainian independence. You’re assuming he would have negotiated such a treaty to benefit all parties. He wanted control of Ukraine, plain and simple.

Ukraine was nowhere near being given a formal invitation to join NATO nor requesting membership. Putin is simply lying when he says this and you’re being conned if you believe a word he says.

He’s not wrong 🤷‍♂️ maybe counter with how you’re actually trying to help people and it’s all just a misunderstanding.
He is very wrong. People who lean left want what is best for their families. many, I’d guess most,are religious. Most left are not against capitalism, there are extremists that are. He is trying to paint a picture claiming all left are a part of the fart left and it’s complete and total bullshit. People who do this on either side are idiots.

He is very wrong. People who lean left want what is best for their families. many, I’d guess most,are religious. Most left are not against capitalism, there are extremists that are. He is trying to paint a picture claiming all left are a part of the fart left and it’s complete and total bullshit. People who do this on either side are idiots.
Well, the ones actually making decisions in office do not necessarily align with the voters themselves. You guys are quickly losing the support of moderates and independents with pure insanity. You can see it coming out of the extremes of your party. No such extreme exists on the right in a significant way.

Well, the ones actually making decisions in office do not necessarily align with the voters themselves. You guys are quickly losing the support of moderates and independents with pure insanity. You can see it coming out of the extremes of your party. No such extreme exists on the right in a significant way.
I’m not a democrat and if you don’t see extremes on the right you are fvcking blind

I doubt they have been put off. Xi is filled with hubris, and rules supreme. He might slow his timeline, or attempt a softer takeover via some political subterfuge and choking off Taiwan, but he will make a play eventually.

Reactions: Finance85
No, not sad at all. Pointing out behavior from other posters that resulted in consequences for some. It’s not hard, pretty much the only arguments you all have are personal in nature.
No, you are just not smart enough to understand facts, so we have to point out your lower than normal ability to think.

No, you are just not smart enough to understand facts, so we have to point out your lower than normal ability to think.
What facts do I not understand? Here’s one for you: This board is about 90% in favor of Joe Biden. America is about 35%. Whatever “facts” you all have on here would be better spent on the general population. You clearly are of exceptional intellect to know that Biden is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

What facts do I not understand? Here’s one for you: This board is about 90% in favor of Joe Biden. America is about 35%. Whatever “facts” you all have on here would be better spent on the general population. You clearly are of exceptional intellect to know that Biden is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I never said Biden is all that great, you’re just wrong a lot.

Perhaps you are right. You are right that China is learning from Russia. They are learning how the US will respond. They are also giving lip service support to Russia, while enjoying Russia's decline, and taking advantage of Russia's need to sell oil and gas.

It's been a long term theory that China will never engage in a shooting war with the US or other major power. As you point out, China is now about their economy, and they will undoubtedly find ways to engage in an economic war.

IMO, they've already started testing this, as evidenced by some of the supply chain issues we've experienced. Chip shortages? Not backhauling and having empty containers? There's a reason why China only allows manufacturing there as long as it's a joint venture with a Chinese company.

Inviting someone to do something you know they are not willing to do is not an offer to make in good faith. At the least he’d have had us wrangling over the details for months while he continued to chip away at Ukrainian independence. You’re assuming he would have negotiated such a treaty to benefit all parties. He wanted control of Ukraine, plain and simple.

Ukraine was nowhere near being given a formal invitation to join NATO nor requesting membership. Putin is simply lying when he says this and you’re being conned if you believe a word he says.

Actually the last part is simply not true. The intention was pretty clear to bring Ukraine into NATO. It's not "Russian propaganda". I don't blame you though. I don’t think it’s reported at all. The US had big plans to supply weapons, space monitoring, military R&D (whatever that is), and bunch of stuff.

"The United States supports Ukraine’s right to decide its own future foreign policy course free from outside interference, including with respect to Ukraine’s aspirations to join NATO."
"We intend to continue our robust training and exercise program in keeping with Ukraine’s status as a NATO Enhanced Opportunities Partner."
"The United States has committed $2.5 billion in support of Ukraine’s forces since 2014, including more than $400 million this year alone."
"The United States and Ukraine have finalized a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation Agreement that provides a framework for pursuing bilateral armaments and military-technical cooperation."

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Taiwan's situation is completely different from ukraines. It would impossible to resupply Taiwan. Chinese missiles would sink anything going near the island. Bottom line any full scale attack by China and Taiwan is done for.

Actually the last part is simply not true. The intention was pretty clear to bring Ukraine into NATO. It's not "Russian propaganda". I don't blame you though. I don’t think it’s reported at all. The US had big plans to supply weapons, space monitoring, military R&D (whatever that is), and bunch of stuff.

"The United States supports Ukraine’s right to decide its own future foreign policy course free from outside interference, including with respect to Ukraine’s aspirations to join NATO."
"We intend to continue our robust training and exercise program in keeping with Ukraine’s status as a NATO Enhanced Opportunities Partner."
"The United States has committed $2.5 billion in support of Ukraine’s forces since 2014, including more than $400 million this year alone."
"The United States and Ukraine have finalized a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation Agreement that provides a framework for pursuing bilateral armaments and military-technical cooperation."

there was a lot of reporting about Ukraine, particularly when it comes to aid. but Putin would have everyone believe that Ukraine was being actively recruited as a potential member and that it’s joining NATO was imminent, and somehow was a threat as a result to Russian sovereignty. In fact, as you mentioned, Ukraine was already receiving a lot of aid, military and otherwise as it’s been straightening itself out, and there wasn’t any real appetite on either side to actually join NATO as a result.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Why are we so scared to put down red lines ahead of time?

I mean no one wants to get into another war but we can't let our desire to avoid that be a signal to other nations that they can just do whatever they want.
We’re in a much stronger position with regards to Taiwan than we were before the Ukraine conflict.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT