ADVERTISEMENT

Kueter wins U20 World Championships title

An outstanding success for young Ben Kueter. Traveling half-way around the world to win a World Championship at eighteen-years of age is not an easy thing to do. Ben Kueter’s physical talent and wrestling skills are self-evident. The mental-toughness and character to consistently perform under pressure is impressive. Preforming under the stress of foreign surroundings (Sofia), away from home, maybe an unfamiliar diet, curious sleep (time zone) patterns and a dozen other anomalies speaks highly of young Ben Kueter. He most certainly has a running start at life.

Maybe a quick round of applause for Ben Kueter’s mom and dad. They seem to have done well. And maybe a tip-of-hat to Ben’s coaches, they too seem to have done a very good job.

Last edited:
Braces? On his teeth?
confused jeff bridges GIF

On a related note. 247 Sports ranked the top 50 "freak" athletes in the 2023 football recruiting class. Ben Kueter was ranked 8th. Impressive really.
The list is dated but I realize not all of you frequent the football board.

NO. 8: BEN KUETER, LB (IOWA COMMIT)​

10929648.jpg
(Photo: Bryon Houlgrave/The Register-USA TODAY NETWORK, USA TODAY Sports)
Speaking of wrestling, you won’t find a more decorated wrestler in the class of 2023 than Ben Kueter. While most rising seniors spent the first few weeks of August going through two-a-days, Kueter flew out to Bulgaria where he went 4-0 and pinned Turkey’s Rifat Gidak in 100 seconds to win a junior men’s freestyle world championship in the 97 kilograms (213 pounds) division. Keuter also captured gold at the U20 Pan-American Championships this summer.
One might assume that Keuter doesn’t have time to do anything else besides wrestling, football and school work with that type of resume, but that’s actually far from the case. The four-sport star at Iowa City was part of a distance medley relay squad that took second at the Drake Relays this spring. He also played outfield for a Little Hawk baseball team that was one win away from playing for a state title. The 6-foot-3 Keuter gave a verbal pledge to in-state Hawkeyes back in September of 2021 and has stuck by his word.

On a related note. 247 Sports ranked the top 50 "freak" athletes in the 2023 football recruiting class. Ben Kueter was ranked 8th. Impressive really.

10929648.jpg
Speaking of wrestling, you won’t find a more decorated wrestler in the class of 2023 than Ben Kueter. While most rising seniors spent the first few weeks of August going through two-a-days, Kueter flew out to Bulgaria where he went 4-0 and pinned Turkey’s Rifat Gidak in 100 seconds to win a junior men’s freestyle world championship in the 97 kilograms (213 pounds) division. Keuter also captured gold at the U20 Pan-American Championships this summer.
One might assume that Keuter doesn’t have time to do anything else besides wrestling, football and school work with that type of resume, but that’s actually far from the case. The four-sport star at Iowa City was part of a distance medley relay squad that took second at the Drake Relays this spring. He also played outfield for a Little Hawk baseball team that was one win away from playing for a state title. The 6-foot-3 Keuter gave a verbal pledge to in-state Hawkeyes back in September of 2021 and has stuck by his word.
I heard from an inside source that he’s really going to be special when he gets those leg braces off..

Reactions: 12tdsaw

10929648.jpg
Outstanding article…thank you for posting!

Reactions: flaiawis
Ben with an explosive game last night at Davenport West. I left with 7 minutes left in 3rd quarter and he had 5 impressive TDs. Kid is very fast for his size, maybe he should be a RB 🙂. Can someone update his stats when you get them. Kid was all over the field. One man wrecking crew. WOW! Kid is easily a 5.9 **** and no less.

What really blew me away was his speed. Just curious what his 100 meter will be for a kid that Big.

For you that are going to Iowa City highs game tonight bring some updates please.

I Would go to the game tonight myself but will be at Davenport West tonight hoping they will win there game to get a regional game. In the same time I want to see Ty Cozad have a huge game for muscatine at RB . Ty wrestle’s to I guess but never seen him. For you that have seen him wrestle is he any good. He’s a great athlete.

Reactions: Gobblin
I Would go to the game tonight myself but will be at Davenport West tonight hoping they will win there game to get a regional game. In the same time I want to see Ty Cozad have a huge game for muscatine at RB . Ty wrestle’s to I guess but never seen him. For you that have seen him wrestle is he any good. He’s a great athlete.
You gonna go watch them play Dowling?

No. It’s going to be ugly I’m afraid and don’t want to drive that far there and back. Can see a 55-0 score.

ADVERTISEMENT