ADVERTISEMENT

Kurt Warner's son a prospect

HawkNorth

HR All-State
Nov 24, 2003
Kurt Warner's son, Kade, is on the Gophers' recruiting radar
By Joe Christensen
August 8, 2016 — 11:26am

I reached out to Kurt Warner for Sunday's story on Gophers offensive coordinator Jay Johnson, and the two-time NFL most valuable player got right back to me. It was clear how much respect Warner has for the QB who spent three years in front of him on the Northern Iowa depth chart.

Warner said he and Johnson have kept in touch here and there over the years. They actually spoke fairly recently, as Warner had reached out to Johnson, seeking some advice for his son, Kade Warner, who's looking to play college football.

Kade Warner, a 6-2, 190-pound senior wide receiver for Scottsdale (Ariz.) Desert Mountain, is listed as a two-star recruit by both 247Sports.com and Scout.com. Back in March, his famous father tweeted:

"Minnesota has shown a little bit of interest," Kurt Warner told me. "I got a chance to reach out to Jay and talk to him about the college process, as my son goes through it -- what to look for, what to do.

"It was nice to reconnect. I’m excited for [Johnson] to be in the position that he’s in, to be in the Big Ten, and have a chance back in the Minnesota area, have a chance to be able to lead a BCS team as their offensive coordinator is pretty exciting."

Follow
Kurt Warner @kurt13warner
My son has 160ish catches (2yrs) & led state w/ 96 last season as Jr... Yet not a single scholarship offer! Like Father, like son... Haha!

8:12 PM - 29 Mar 2016

Hard to tell on a highlight video, but do you think it might be his speed that is holding back offers?

Reactions: pwhawk
I thought Warner said he would not let his kids play football due to concussion concern?

I was wondering the same.
Here's Kurt quoted from the Dan Patrick Show several years ago: "Kurt Warner said on the Dan Patrick Show that the idea of his sons playing football “scares me,” and he thinks the risk of injuries is serious enough that his preference would be that his boys not play."

Wasn't Jay Johnson the qb who squated so low to the ground, under center, that his backside was about 2 inches off the ground? Fun team to watch. I vaguely remember a rb named Tank as well.

I was wondering the same.
Here's Kurt quoted from the Dan Patrick Show several years ago: "Kurt Warner said on the Dan Patrick Show that the idea of his sons playing football “scares me,” and he thinks the risk of injuries is serious enough that his preference would be that his boys not play."
So he did not say he would not let his kid play

Reactions: HawkweyeinSATX
Another eastern Iowa tie is that the previous College Community (Cedar Rapids Prairie) head coach left Prairie to go out to Arizona to be their coach.

That is something Kurt Warner would never say
Right. I don't know why HR lets people use real names. We know that's not Kurt Warner, but someone unfamiliar with this site, just might think it is. Might, but possible. Anyway, that's been a beef of mine for awhile.

The was nothing in those videos that showed me the kid lacked speed. He also made some nice catches and moves. He looks like he could be a player in the right program.
That's odd. That was the first thing I noticed.

"He has some tools to work with, he’s 6-2 and has good hands, but he also runs closer to a 5.0 in the 40 than the more desired 4.5 or 4.6 that teams look for in a possession receiver."

http://www.tucsonlocalmedia.com/sports/article_02c658d2-3279-11e6-8f13-c77b0d0764ad.html

I don't know when this was measured, but a 4.89 forty isn't exactly fast.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2678345/kade-warner

8_9_2016_12_44_55_PM.jpg

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?spid=22&spsid=4

In May 2010 Kurt Warner was inducted into the Arena Football Hall of Fame. He is also a member of the Iowa Barnstormers Hall of Fame. Warner was inducted into the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame in 2014. On February 4, Warner was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in their Class of 2017. On August 5, 2017 Kurt Warner was officially inducted to the NFL Pro Hall of Fame. He is the only person inducted into both the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Arena Football Hall of Fame.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?spid=22&spsid=4

In May 2010 Kurt Warner was inducted into the Arena Football Hall of Fame. He is also a member of the Iowa Barnstormers Hall of Fame. Warner was inducted into the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame in 2014. On February 4, Warner was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in their Class of 2017. On August 5, 2017 Kurt Warner was officially inducted to the NFL Pro Hall of Fame. He is the only person inducted into both the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Arena Football Hall of Fame.
And the Hyvee HOF no doubt.......:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT