ADVERTISEMENT

KXNO interview with Swarm founder

So tell me this. If a kid comes to play for Iowa, say a 3 star recruit. He is given $15,000.00a year. He red shirts the 1st year, But still learning techniques and other tools. 2nd Year he gets a little playing and is still learning. 3rd year becomes a starter because the college coaches groomed him into what he is. After the 3rd year he decides to go to the portal to see how much he can get. Is that fair to the to the school and the coaches. Usually if you are in an apprenticeship program you are required to finish to be able to move on to the next level. You cant have your cake and eat it too.
Happens in the business world every day of the year.

Reactions: win1forthe
Nice strawman, but I think my meaning was clear.

I don't think there is any realistic risk. And I don't think he is truly worried about legal ramifications. I think he just wants to protect the money his department gets from donors. I don't think he wants to share with the players.
It's clear what you don't do.

• Haha
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
this swarm thing is a huge scam and shall be proven as such

I wouldn't give them a bucket of cold urine from the night previous

I’m addition to everything already discussed in other threads about how our AD is kind of standing in the way of our NIL efforts, the part that I found interesting is how he said he has to go to a lot of our current players and basically pitch them on why they should stick with Iowa for next year as opposed to listening to other NIL offers other teams are making them.

Obviously it’s not supposed to be allowed for other teams to recruit our current roster with NIL offers but I think we all know it happens.

Lastly he said we are going to need roughly $10m annually to be competitive. He said some of our peer schools like Nebraska are going to come in north of that and we can’t afford to fall too far behind.

NIL is a disaster. Paying 7 figures for a kid that is totally unproven at the collegiate level is absurd.

If the NIL continues to go unchecked, $10M per year isn't going to cover it... And with most D1 schools barely break even. What happens next...?

NIL-collective power over the program is the other issue I dread.

Situation: NIL-collective board determines that OC on HC’s staff is underperforming —
NIL-collective board dictates HC: “You must move on from OC, or we’re eliminating funding until X, Y, and Z.”

Not sure what the NCAA can do about this, but they really need to get the Universities to get together and figure out how to keep competitions “fair” without the influence of $$$ - to this degree.

I'll say it again. Liberal has nothing to do with this. Conservatives on the Supreme Court did. I refuse to not be at least as good a fan as nebby. They are raising money fine. Our "incredible " fans like to complain on the message board but when asked to donate even a small amount its suddenly "liberals asking for handouts'. If you're to cheap to help the team with nil like every fan base is then just say so. Just quit with the bs excuses.
My point was the libs on this board which are many don’t believe in giving (their money), they want others to give. I see them here saying they won’t give, they say find a rich booster or former player. Liberals suck the life out of everything.

My point was the libs on this board which are many don’t believe in giving (their money), they want others to give. I see them here saying they won’t give, they say find a rich booster or former player. Liberals suck the life out of everything.
SMH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT