ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Meyer commits to Houston

Apparently had some decent offers too. Tulsa, UCF, Washington State, Tennessee, Missouri, Western Kentucky, and Georgia State.

Don't seem like he really got a shot at iowa, maybe there was a reason for that too I don't know.

I'd feel a lot better about next season if Meyer were still at Iowa. Unless we sign another big kid with the last scholly, Hawks will be tiny when Woodbury is off the floor.

Originally posted by The Sleeping Dog:
I'd feel a lot better about next season if Meyer were still at Iowa. Unless we sign another big kid with the last scholly, Hawks will be tiny when Woodbury is off the floor.
With the year he had, I would want him here next year, regardless of whether or not we sign another big. Read several articles that have noted Kyle as the key player in the game...

Meyer looked over his head in the little bit we saw of him in an Iowa uniform, but then that's how Marble and White and most of our new guys have looked recently. Depending on who Iowa ends up giving that last scholarship to, we may regret not having Meyer. I never would have believed it, but that seems to be the case. Congrats to the young man for developing his game, and good luck to him at Houston.

Originally posted by Kurt Warner:
Don't seem like he really got a shot at iowa, maybe there was a reason for that too I don't know.
He didn't want to wait behind Woody and GO just like TD didn't want to wait behind MG and Sapp. We could have used Meyer in 2015 and 2016 just like TD could have been used more in 2015 and been a senior starter in 2016. Neither wanted to put in the work and wait their turn at Iowa.

He is not really a center from what I saw, more of a stretch four. He was highly skilled for his height with a nice stroke. He was not a banger/rebounder and tended to play "sloppy." That was as a freshman, so hopefully he has cleaned up his game a bit. He could also use a few more pounds of muscle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT